Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mirroring will not make rapport

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't something earthshattering or the newest photo of mars surface but it's been something I've been meaning to write but haven't had the chance or have been involved with more important matters.... However, I will keep it short. You all know what rapport is and you've all experience rapport throughout your life to one extent or another. If you think you haven't then just think back on your bestfriend and how and where you met and what' you've connected with. You probably didn't realize the exact precise moment the connection was made because you were so INTO the other person and not really focused WITHIN until after you found yourself Agreeing with this person.

Anyhow from the above you will remember that it was something genuine that occured or else this person you would not consider your best friend. Mirroring does a lot of nothing... I've found I was able to create a connection without having to mirror the other person.... Mirroring does indeed tend to happen AFTER rapport.
For instance, When you turn on your car you see that smoke may come out of the car from the muffler exhaust. And it was a result of AFTER TURNING YOUR CAR ON.

Now ask yourself this good question... Will the car automatically be turned on if you were to take that smoke and put it back into where it came from??? And the answer is NO. Even when the smoke comes out it doesn't mean the car is on.

Hey don't take my word for it... next time you meet someone new... mirror them and you will find out on your own. Don't see mirroring as a technique to get rapport but just look at it as a sign of being already in rapport.

PEACE

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I guess all those guys who wrote sales and persuasion books are wrong on this one.

I don't know from personal experience, but many things I read have considered mirroring important. Of course physically mirroring a person means nothing if the conversation isn't working for them.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many people did you try to mirror?
What circumstances?
What did you talk about?

When I started mirroring, I wasn't congruent and this ruined the experience.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean about not being congruent. I've heard many of this terms but am not always sure what it means.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guys right i believe. When you meet new people especially girls, ive found its best not to mirror them. This is especially true before you approach. I noticed these things, because ive encountered girls that have mirrored me. And i believe many girls are up on the trick. If youre paying attention to someone, even if you arent making it obvious, sometimes they can still pick it up.

For example, if there is a girl whos pretending not to be interested in me. I look at the clock or my watch , if she responds in kind, (mirroring me), i will know she was secretly paying very close attention to what i do.

I bet you 1000$ bucks HBs are up on that trick, and i guarantee you it wont get you IL.

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once you make the attempt to mirror people sincerely, you will end up by integrating it to your subconsious.So you would end up mirroring people naturally.And I have found it to be helpful...somehow it seems to evoke empathy from my side.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if a woman you have no interest starts mirroring you? Would you fall for it? Probably not.

Unless there is some type of chemistry or rapport straight on, mirroring is just a waste of time. There's no magic exercise anyone can do to make a person interested in another. The best you can do is increase her IL only if it exists in the first place.