Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mind over matter:Happiness

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you guys keep your subconscious in check.

What I believe about subconsciousness: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208597

To expand on that, I firmly believe I can do anything I put my mind too, and I don't have any real things that are negative in my life (things that deserve to bring me down). I'm happy with my brain and I'm fairly happy with my looks (I'm no Brad Pitt but hey, I turn my self on when I look in the mirror :) if that makes sense)

I just feel like when my brain wants to be down and go into lazy drag mode, it will do so. I know I can change it if I chose so but I'm content. But I wanna be happy!

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Happiness is the single best thing for oneself in my opinion. If you are happy with yourself and your surroundings you will naturally be more confident, which may in turn may make you even happier.

How do I keep myself in check? Well I make an effort to smile, even to myself if I'm alone. It can put you in such a good mood, just smiling and enjoying the moment, no matter what you are doing. I can get myself pumped and in a great mood walking to campus for lectures just listening to my music.

I think to be happy as well you have to challenge yourself, to have new experiences, and this is where the brain tries to keep you lazy, it is happy with how things are going, and is resistant to change. At these times I only do one thing, I laugh at myself for resisting something which isn't really going to hurt me, and then I find myself actually doing it. In turn that makes me happier.

Gunner

NewJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people call the subconscious by another name: the 'shadow' self.

Its like your shadow, that follows you around.

There is your pain, your loneliness, your self-doubt, and all those other mysterious things.

Most of our growth comes from integrating the shadow self - e.g. hugging this shadow until it becomes a part of you. You can be "happy" for example, but that doesnt cause you to grow very much. (Well, sometimes it does!)

Embracing sadness, difficulty, struggle, learning to accept your inner pain, misery, and your faults: thats what it means to come to peace with the shadow self.

And there are rewards to doing so.

Happiness without the shadow self: flighty, fake, two-dimensional, fake-positive, feel-good, fake-cheerful, hollow.

Happiness with the shadow self: deeply confident, assured, restful, with a calmness that can look sadness and happiness in the face and not change expression or look away.

Thats why its cool to be sad sometimes!