Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Military service

xuzaki

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to me that guys from wealthy stable families aren't enlisting for the military, opting instead for white-collar jobs which are viewed as "better" options. I've been thinking about the military (Army or National Guard) because of the positive aspects, e.g. the mental hardening that comes from both training and combat environments; physical skills; etc.

To me, a guy able to maintain composure when bullets start flying (or when a drill sergeant is flipping a sh*t) has the upper hand over a multi-millionaire banker who's a p*ssy.

The possibility of getting a leg blown off (or worse) is one of the main things holding me back. The casualty rate in the US Army is quite low - it’s safer than being a logging worker or commercial fisherman - so maybe I'm being unrealistically worried.

I know a lot of people join because of the pay or benefits. For those who had "better" options, why did you join? Service to the country is a common answer, which I'm sure is true for many people; for others I wonder if there's a different underlying motivation that isn't being said. If anyone joined to get hardened, did you get what you were looking for?

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s not what it used to be. There is all this “Green Dot” sexual assault prevention training and now we have LGBTQ awareness sensitivity training. I feel like the military promotes “White Knighting” and simping as well. You’ll also get stationed in some low socioeconomic area with a low abundance of women and an entire Wing of young guys competing over a few low SMV women.

That being said, do 4 years, get some job skills, use your free gym membership to get jacked, get out and use your GI Bill for a good education. And DO NOT get married while in.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin enlisted to get the gi bill college money. When he finally got back from that mountain in Afghanistan, he married some skank with a kid and then joined the guard so they could have health insurance. And then the governor rented out our guard to the feds, and he got sent back to the exact same mountaintop, where he sits right now. Fvcking idiot.

Reaction score
I spent 8 years in the Army, 1986 to 1994. The Army isn't what it once was. It's become a social program. And they've been tearing down the Marine Corps too. If I were young, and were looking for what you seek, here's where I would look. https://en.legion-recrute.com/

xuzaki

Don Juan
Reaction score
And then the governor rented out our guard to the feds
Yeah I've heard National Guard is now almost certain to do an overseas tour.

I looked into la Légion étrangère last year. Most people who posted online regretted joining. They said it was ethnic cliques, mostly people facing criminal charges in their home country, and the service was either pointless or reckless. One guy said they just built a pile of rocks all day and then took it down for no reason (this wasn't training, it was their mission). Another guy said they got sent on reckless missions that France didn't want to send its regular army on (i.e. upset families of Foreign Legion KIA don't have voting rights -> no problem for politicians). I'm not sure if this is all true, but its the reason I didn't pursue.

It’s not what it used to be. There is all this “Green Dot” sexual assault prevention training and now we have LGBTQ awareness sensitivity training.
It's unfortunate. My father was in for 22 years, and also told me that towards the end they started those sensitivity trainings.

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to me that guys from wealthy stable families aren't enlisting for the military, opting instead for white-collar jobs which are viewed as "better" options. I've been thinking about the military (Army or National Guard) because of the positive aspects, e.g. the mental hardening that comes from both training and combat environments; physical skills; etc.

To me, a guy able to maintain composure when bullets start flying (or when a drill sergeant is flipping a sh*t) has the upper hand over a multi-millionaire banker who's a p*ssy.

The possibility of getting a leg blown off (or worse) is one of the main things holding me back. The casualty rate in the US Army is quite low - it’s safer than being a logging worker or commercial fisherman - so maybe I'm being unrealistically worried.

I know a lot of people join because of the pay or benefits. For those who had "better" options, why did you join? Service to the country is a common answer, which I'm sure is true for many people; for others I wonder if there's a different underlying motivation that isn't being said. If anyone joined to get hardened, did you get what you were looking for?
Go to la France, viva la France, to join the legion, to become a legionair, to join the parachutist regimen.

Rich folks go to the U.S. Air Force. Very few join infantry like private Chris in Oliver Stone's motion picture platoon
War is no joke.

Ecclesiastes 11:9 : Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth;

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted about the legion you can search it .I tried joing but got denied by the us navy weak eye sight recruiter was not happy but pros and cons like every other job hope it works out for you

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He has an upper hand in a combat situation.

I think the best reason to join the military is because you want to.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now the only reason I see to join the military is to learn and get it certified so you can get better jobs in other fields.

I think of american marines, you basically wage war to countries that do not want to bow down to american elites (the same ones fvcking up american society) and once they are defeated they will be forced to have unfair economical system, feminism, lgbt policies, and their overall society fvcked up...this is not something I would be willing to risk my life for.

Same thing for european armies except that they do the same thing by being a proxy.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard National Guard is now almost certain to do an overseas tour.

I looked into la Légion étrangère last year. Most people who posted online regretted joining. They said it was ethnic cliques, mostly people facing criminal charges in their home country, and the service was either pointless or reckless. One guy said they just built a pile of rocks all day and then took it down for no reason (this wasn't training, it was their mission). Another guy said they got sent on reckless missions that France didn't want to send its regular army on (i.e. upset families of Foreign Legion KIA don't have voting rights -> no problem for politicians). I'm not sure if this is all true, but its the reason I didn't pursue.

It's unfortunate. My father was in for 22 years, and also told me that towards the end they started those sensitivity trainings.
I see, so the legion is still working like it did, only criminals who are feeling from they country join up, hell back in the days when the police saw a criminal running inside on a recrutiment office of it they would stop and leave thinking well he is dead now anyway, the legion history is kinda long and nothing from it is good, if you have a dead wish you can join up

army is a funny thing, goverment need a trong arm to keep people in check so the best way to do it is implant a thinking it is for a greater good, something bigger then yourself, even a mercenary is a better life then being the goverment lap dog. also army don't "teach" you being a men, hell I remember my granpa who was a vet saying US army soldiers was a bunch of cowards and italians he never saw one in the face, only they backs

also take note unless we start to live in a end of world setting the white collar job will give you the better run for money and life, everything else you can learn as long you have time and money

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you only wanna become a badass, hit the gym, start MMA-Fighting and get profficient with guns (plenty of tactical training academies out there).

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The military can certainly help get you some skills and a start in life, yes. But don't have any delusions about becoming more of a man. They do not get to the root of your self-esteem. More times than not, they just produce arrogance and ego (especially at the officer levels) which is the same as depression when it comes to awareness of your masculinity. Just the opposite form.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not worth it believe me. Before joining special forces in police dpt., i had a chance to train with former legionar and the man said the drill and everything you go through, its not worth the small paycheck.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not worth it believe me. Before joining special forces in police dpt., i had a chance to train with former legionar and the man said the drill and everything you go through, its not worth the small paycheck.
but it is worth it to guys who have criminal records and want to start over remember alot of factors play apart age/physical fitness/career goals still better than prison then most trust me on that.If it came down to joining the legion and prison well the choice is obvious:0

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wealthy family will try to have a child in university and follow a direct path to be military management, not labor. enlist is a way for a person this is not wealthy to have a change in life. many structured paths to success and exposure to information the person might not have ever learned without. it is a great chance to make male friends and be men together, well at least it used to be.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but it is worth it to guys who have criminal records and want to start over remember alot of factors play apart age/physical fitness/career goals still better than prison then most trust me on that.If it came down to joining the legion and prison well the choice is obvious:0
That was before. Now, legia is not only known for taking criminals, moreover they now have drills and checks to see if you have criminal past. They are now a lot more focused on taking very knowledgeable people who are or were professional military officers.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I'm of a belief that the US and other countries should adopt a mandatory 1-2 year military service like that of some countries. Primarily for discipline and to turn pvssies into men out there. These two aspects have been severely lacking recently with feminism brain washing and even more boys being raised by single mothers and not having the proper structure growing up.

I don't think youths these days can even go through basic boot camp without complaining/crying and getting ptsd from it.

My older coworker that volunteers at his church as a youth teacher told me most of the boys didn't even know how to work a hammer. That's the direction we're heading guys.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That can't be over-emphasized.

As far as the social laboratory aspect...I don't think I could stomach the modern military. When I was in, there was zero political correctness, and homosexuals were expressly barred from service. It started to go to Hell under Clinton, and Obama FUBAR'd what was left. Sad state of affairs.

Today, @Bible_Belt would probably feel right at home...
I heard that some words are banned from the drills, while it was common to ask a recruited if "he was a pvssy" while he struggled to accomplish a certain task, such words have been banned not to offend women.

Its beyond ridicolous to pay someone to protect you with guns if such person cries after being called names.