"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Meeting through someone else...

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
It happens a lot that 2 people meet through another friend.

So, I am wondering if anyone here has ever asked a girl they know if they have any single friends? I meet girls as often as possible, but my track record hasn't been great lately. However, I know a couple girls that I would feel comfortable asking if they have any single friends.

Anyone think this could be a successful way to meet some more girls?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
802
Reaction score
19
Location
New jersey
Thats usually my preferred way to meet chicks, it's just a much higher all around success rate. My advice is to try to get in on some kind of group thing and meet any of her friends that way, so it's less like a "blind date" and more just like two people meeting on even ground. As for just plain asking for a hook up, it could work but chances are it might be more awkward for all parties...never tried it so I cant say for sure
 

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
My first psuedo-LTR came via this method, except she simply offered without me asking. It was great, and the girl she hooked me up with was for the most part a great girl, but had social and body image issues that eventually led to the end of it. As long as you know what to screen for though, it should be good.
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
Yep, this is a good idea. You also find out what your friends think of you by the quality of girl they try to hook you up with. If they only throw 8's and 9's your way, you are doing well. If they send you their inbred 2nd cousin with terminal halitosis then you need to find new friends.
 

evolvingnerd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane, Australia
rofl @ cremasta

but i was curious MetalFortress, what led to the break up?

i believe a friend of mine is on the same path, and i can see he's getting tired of her ****
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
This girl I know is trying to hook me up now. She said she had some people in mind so im hoping they are hot.
 

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
My only "concern" with asking anyone is that I am not real good friends with many people. There are 2 girls I talk to fairly regularly online and hang out with every now and then (they are best friends) so I know I could ask either of them no prob.

Besides them, it is more girls I know from school that I don't talk to much outside of being on campus. I am sure I could approach it real casually or make a joke about how hard it is to meet single girls and then ask if they have any friends that are single.

If they say no, I can just say "see what I mean?"

I think as long as I don't come off as desperate it would be alright to ask, but I am skeptical to ask girls that I know, but am not best friends with...
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
Here is what you do....


Call one of the two girls that are best friends one day. Just talk to them like you normally would, you know the bs stuff. Then, you can say something like "So, you know any hot single women?" sortof in a joking but serious way. Usually it works....
 

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Yea I've tried the girls I know pretty well, so I guess it's onto the girls I don't know as well...
 
Top