Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Meeting the parents.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah what is this 1950’s? “Sir, I intend to provide well for your daughter”

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
firm handshake, don;t break eye contact or grip until the dad does. increase pressure if he doesn't ease up after a few seconds. then say nice to meet you son/squire and give him a wink when he eases up.

be polite, try to find common ground - sports usually a solid one if you/they like it be prepared for questions about your job/career, possibly education, aspirations. tell them all about your trips to SE Asia/South America ;)

don't put the seat on the toilet up when you go for a wee - don;t clear up the splashes.

Last edited:

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask yourself why are you meeting them? I’m curious
I suppose they want to know who's been taking their daughter on roadtrips and such. And on my end I wanna see the quality of their relationship to see what the girl I'm seeing had as a model growing up. And well, it's definitely signalling some seriousness, which is pretty cool with this one.

Best part of your attire is to wear your best shoes. This might sound silly, but parents seem to judge a man by the care of his shoes.
Kinda difficult with 17+ inches of snow, if I wear my hiking boots it gives me a couple inches boost so I'm like almost 6'3''

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose they want to know who's been taking their daughter on roadtrips and such. And on my end I wanna see the quality of their relationship to see what the girl I'm seeing had as a model growing up. And well, it's definitely signalling some seriousness, which is pretty cool with this one.

Kinda difficult with 17+ inches of snow, if I wear my hiking boots it gives me a couple inches boost so I'm like almost 6'3''
Sure you'll be fine if you're semi-socially adept mate.

Basically just been polite, getting a feel for each other, any common ground etc. I'm sure they'll make the effort to make you feel at home/ease.

My ex wifes dad was fine. 1 as he loved talking about himself, going in ridioculous detail about the most mundane/boring things, so he just talked at you for hours if you let him. Even Ex used to joke about him going on and on. Once we had to view a house and he came over a couple of hours before. I was dropping hints about getting ready to go out to see the house as time went on but he seemed oblivious. Literally got to the point where I (usually a rude thing to do) just got up and left the room, putting coat/shoes on etc and he still just kept rambling on with no one in the room :D. One of the most boring people I've ever encountered, but at least there was no awkwardness as he always had something to talk to us about, even if it was something like going into the ins and outs of everything to do with fixing a door he did recently. 'Went to the hardware store to buy xyz parts (going into detail about tyres of screws he used), then did this and that etc. :D

He then started travelling to south america and SE Asia and soon enough announced he had a SE Asian g/f 30-40 years younger than him. Poor girl, she must have patience of a saint to listen to him talk at her about boring sh1t all day long :D

Tbf he was pretty strong/alpha character, made a lot of money from various business, property ventures. He knew how to dominate any social occasions, wouldn't take any **** from people which I heard and saw for myself on several occasions.

Last edited:

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Literally, be yourself. I know that sounds cliché but its true. I have had 3 serious girlfriends in my life and I met the parents of all three.

• First girlfriend was from the deep south. To be polite, her parents weren't too fond of darker Men lol but they ended up liking me a lot. I was just myself, polite, assertive and confident when speaking with them. It went well. I remember her dad came out with a shotgun lol.
  • Second girlfriend, was from here (NYC) I ended up meeting the dad in a strange way. I had just finished banging her brains out in the living room and literally 10 minutes later her dad came home early. Close call. Anyway, I ended up meeting both her Mom and Dad and they both loved me. Same thing. Be confident, polite and assertive.
  • My current girlfriend, I've met them multiple times already and they definitely love me. They consider me family already.

Overall, I have come to the conclusion that when you meet the parents or whole family, you just have to feel confident in your conversation skills and feel comfortable in your own skin. Also, they will "judge" you. Not in a bad way but especially the father wants to know if his daughter is with a Manly man or a wimp.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last time I did was 6 years ago. Any tips?
Just as dating, simply enjoy it. Don't overanalyze it or think about it.

Be present, have fun, be authentic and be honest.

The only tip I would give is to try to avoid any serious topics like covid-19, politics or religion. Or if you happen to, be simple in your responses unless they are open-minded and non-judgemental. As you already know most people are too sensitive nowadays, and while my approach is that it is not my job to caress egos and walk on eggshells, these are your "in-laws" and it'll be wise to keep them on good terms.

Modern Man Advice

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sports usually a solid one
Yes, see what there interests are. Ask the GF if you must for some insight.
I brought up F1 to a dad that loved the sport and I think he wanted me to marry her on the spot.
Another GF, her mom loved museums. I mentioned an Egyptian exhibit that was in town and we checked it out a few weeks later.
Good luck.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a good personality. Probably not too over the top with sexual jokes but entertaining. Respectful is decent. Don't be too stiff and boring, but dont be outrageously inappropriate.