Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Matthew Perry died lonely and longing for a wife and a family, even keen to have stepchildren

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matthew Perry was lonely and longing for a wife and a family when he died, after a string of failed relationships left him feeling 'sad and depressed,'

Perry never married and he ended his engagement to Molly Hurwitz, a talent manager, in 2021. He also dated several well-known actresses throughout his life, including Julia Roberts and Lizzy Caplan. ‘Matthew always dreamed of having the perfect family,’ a source close to the star told DailyMail.com. ‘He wanted a wife, and at least a couple of kids. And he said he wouldn’t even mind marrying a woman who already had kids.'

Matthew dated dozens of women. But in the end, he always felt they were only interested in his money and his fame. And he was generous to a fault. He would shower women with gifts only to have them pack up their goodies and walk away.

Perry was:

6’1
famous
looked decent
net worth: $165,000,000

————-

Thoughts?

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see it as an example that money, fame and good looks can't compensate for lack of self worth and self esteem.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would seem to me he has risk aversion and issues with trust.

I know a man on a lower key level. He is independent wealthy and owns a business. Not really attractive but has some charm.
he would love a family but never stays with women as he always insists at moving in point on 50/50 costs and paying him rent in the house he owns with no loan. He can’t find a woman who he finds attractive who will go along with that.

I’ve tried to explain how it works. If you want trad wife you have to be trad man. In the end now he’s getting too old and has been too stubborn.

Yes,kids and marriage do carry risk for men but don’t be a pvssy about it. If you WANT trad lifeyou always have that risk.

Theres always that risk. They can divorce you. They can die. They can become disabled. Kids can die, etc. that’s life.

Not chasing your dream because you fear losing money is stupid. You can not use it on your deathbed. However, if you have money and loved ones, you will always at death see how you’ve materially provided for others.

Some people have the wrong priorities.

However, if you DONT want kids and a wife more power to you. I’m not trying to convince people to do this, I’m just saying if that’s what you want, not doing so because you’re scared that you’ll lose money is stupid.

Men are providers of resources, always has been and always will me. It’s in accordance with nature for a man of means to be desirable to women. That doesn’t mean that woman is only into the money. A trad wife wants a wealthy man as well as a gold digger wants a wealthy man. Instead of cowering in fear, Nil Desperandum. Be brave.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hadn't realised he had such a problem with alcohol and drugs

he looks fvcking awful for a celeb in his 50's my dad is in his 60's and looks a lot better than that

His character as a man was obviously deeply flawed it can be tough to hold down any type of relationship when you are broken

sad but I doubt uncommon , plenty of non celeb men will end up like this too

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actors and actresses typically date people in their field and lets be honest… alot of actresses don’t seem to be good long term relationship material.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see it as an example that money, fame and good looks can't compensate for lack of self worth and self esteem.
A guy who is that fat and unattractive doesn't either have the looks or the frame in his life. He had money but to what end? He could've been a Chad, but didn't have the frame to do it. People deserve what they get.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its beta to think women, family or children can bring a man happiness or self-esteem.

How can a woman or child know how to make you happy. Thats not leadership.

First the man must be a leader, not caring for women, family or children, then they will come to him, in one form or another.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A guy who is that fat and unattractive doesn't either have the looks or the frame in his life. He had money but to what end? He could've been a Chad, but didn't have the frame to do it. People deserve what they get.
So all he needed was a weight training program to fix his weak frame?

Perry had been to rehab 15 times and spent millions trying to become sober.

He was addicted to pain pills and alcohol for 30yrs. Almost his entire adult life.

I've never known an addict that could maintain a healthy/stable relationship with someone else, let alone himself.

Last edited:

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So all he needed was a weight training program to fix his weak frame?
Not really, but if a person can control his weight and diet, which is pretty ine of the things one has control over life, he can't control everything.

Perry had been to rehab 15 times and spent millions trying to become sober.

He was addicted to pain pills and alcohol for 30yrs. Almost his entire adult life.
That's another set of problems. Maybe if he put the time to get his body very healthy, it would've been easier for him to overcome the addiction. Like the saying goes. Strong body is a strong mind.

Also, if you're trying to give him a free pass cause "he's been on rehab" it doesn't work that way. He made his choices

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really, but if a person can control his weight and diet, which is pretty ine of the things one has control over life, he can't control everything.

That's another set of problems. Maybe if he put the time to get his body very healthy, it would've been easier for him to overcome the addiction. Like the saying goes. Strong body is a strong mind.

Also, if you're trying to give him a free pass cause "he's been on rehab" it doesn't work that way. He made his choices
Certainly not, No free passes with me. The mind has to be healthy before anything else. Manufactured Physical beauty in men and women is so many times a cover up for an unhealthy mind. A strong body would not have cured his weak mind.

His unhealthy mind likely poisoned his relationships and caused most of his struggles in life. All of the physical things(looks, money, status) only take you so far.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He had money and fame but he was a beta male when it came to women. I feel bad for the guy. If you have ever been addicted to alcohol or drugs then you know how hard it is to give it up. People that haven’t will never fully understand. He was using pretty much his entire adult life. Using became his life. He let his body go because when he was high on pills, he felt good about himself. Pain killers give you a rush of dopamine which makes you feel happy. Then you just keep chasing that feeling over and over again.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Manufactured Physical beauty in men and women is so many times a cover up for an unhealthy mind
Disagree, men have to work hard to have a strong body, many years in the gym, boxing, mma, sports, need discipline, eating healthy, low alcohol, cook own food, meal prep. For men its delayed gratification. For women, make up, surgery, implants, botox, and there you have it, instant gratification. No the same, don't ever compare.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree, men have to work hard to have a strong body, many years in the gym, boxing, mma, sports, need discipline, eating healthy, low alcohol, cook own food, meal prep. For men its delayed gratification. For women, make up, surgery, implants, botox, and there you have it, instant gratification. No the same, don't ever compare.
You neglected to mention the motivating factors. Too much emphasis on vanity can be an indicator of low self esteem. I've seen it in so many guys that have a life that revolves around working out. Fragile egos are common amongst some. You emphasize on looks a lot. Just look at your profile pic.

Last edited:

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen it in so many guys that have a life that revolves around working out
Is that a bad thing? Oh right, people should focus on what you think is the right way based on your experiences. If you didn't take care of your body that was your choices, I'm a huge advocate of having a nice body, cause I've see the difference in everyday life the treatment being out shape vs jacked.

You emphasize on looks a lot.
It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.- Socrates

Just look at your profile pic.
That's nothing, just wait until I finish my cut, how triggered you'll be hahahah jk

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matthew Perry was lonely and longing for a wife and a family when he died, after a string of failed relationships left him feeling 'sad and depressed,'

Perry never married and he ended his engagement to Molly Hurwitz, a talent manager, in 2021. He also dated several well-known actresses throughout his life, including Julia Roberts and Lizzy Caplan. ‘Matthew always dreamed of having the perfect family,’ a source close to the star told DailyMail.com. ‘He wanted a wife, and at least a couple of kids. And he said he wouldn’t even mind marrying a woman who already had kids.'

Matthew dated dozens of women. But in the end, he always felt they were only interested in his money and his fame. And he was generous to a fault. He would shower women with gifts only to have them pack up their goodies and walk away.

Perry was:

6’1
famous
looked decent
net worth: $165,000,000

————-

Thoughts?
Doesn't surprise me.

Being rich and famous attracts a lot of women, yes. But not the good ones. It would be good for getting laid, but not good for finding a good woman to spend your life with.

And I'd imagine professional actresses would be better than most at disguising their real intentions.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blue pilled beta male
When Perry was 36, he was dating Lizzy Kaplan 23.

After 6 years, the relationship had deepened to the point where there was now a question I urgently needed to ask her.”

“One day, I said, ‘I think we should stop kidding ourselves. We love each other,’ and she didn’t disagree. I did love her, very much,” he wrote. “That said, our intimacy issues are being sidestepped by the fact that we were both really into working. My fear of her leaving was still deeply in place, too, and who knows, perhaps she was scared of me leaving her.”

How Matthew Perry ‘missed the moment’
Perry decided to propose to Caplan at one point, but avoided it at the last minute. He paid “a huge amount of money” to an artist and asked them to paint him and Caplan. He instructed the painter to draw multiple hearts beside her picture, which showed her reading a copy of the New York Times and holding bottled water. Perry was drawn holding a Red Bull and an issue of Sports Illustrated, wearing a long-sleeve shirt.

“I loved this woman, and I wanted her to know it,” he wrote. When he presented the gift he said “will you…” but then “immediately went into Chandler f – – king Bing mode” and “missed the moment.”

Caplan married Tom Riley in 2016.

————

My thoughts:

You are older, have tens of millions of dollars, are famous from tv, have made out and had sex with hot women (Julia Roberts). and non virgin girl in her late 20s who is 13 years younger than “freezes you up”?

I mean if he was 21 and no money and virgin and she was 27 and experienced, OK, maybe you can freeze up.

You can not freeze up with a non virgin actress in her late 20s when you are in your 40s, tall, famous, are making $2,000,0000 cash a month. No, that’s doesn’t work,

Something is not right about this story, RIP.