Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Many Meaningful Threads Taken Down Lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, what is the point of even having this website? We were having a legitimate discussion that was overall rather civilized, yet the thread gets closed. To what purpose? To what end? You'll probably say political. How? We were discussing Covid? Are we supposed to pretend like that doesn't exist on here?

I've been biting my tongue for a while now on criticism of the moderators, but this is getting to be a bit much.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see your point but I think it's the right thing to do personally. It's a touchy topic with no resolution and endless bickering that basically turns out to be a broken record. It doesn't really contribute to the SS community in any meaningful way. It promotes hate, separation, bias, etc. against the male causes that we all care about that initially brought us here to begin with. It can be an unwanted distraction at best.

I just can't wait until the time we can go back to bickering about raw dogging it vs no condoms, instead of mask/no mask... ;)

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you @redskinsfan92 for making this thread because it's something that needs to be discussed.

So many threads have been locked and so many members are getting banned. Some of the threads locked weren't even political.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a post I made in a thread about why Sosuave survived while other boards when extinct.

If we start engaging in censorship this board will fade into non-relevance as well:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought the Trump/Covid thread was going well. But I also thought that about the BLM thread from months ago...it was going well for a long time, until it wasn't. So maybe it was preemptive this time.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't really contribute to the SS community in any meaningful way. It promotes hate, separation, bias, etc. against the male causes that we all care about that initially brought us here to begin with. It can be an unwanted distraction at best.
The country is separated whether we like it or not, and if we only wanted to discuss male causes people wouldn't come to the Anything Else section. I don't understand why people just can't ignore threads they aren't interested in.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense to the mods, but as an adult of sound mind... I'd much rather have the choice to do the below... than for a mod (whom I've never met) decide what's best for me. If we don't care for someone's posting behavior... there's good news. The "ignore" option still works.

This sosuave option still works .jpg

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's another one, this wasn't even political....

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The country is separated whether we like it or not, and if we only wanted to discuss male causes people wouldn't come to the Anything Else section. I don't understand why people just can't ignore threads they aren't interested in.
The problem is politics brings the worst out of the people. It destroys forums unless it's moderated very skillfully. Only who are very civilized, detached with a lot of self control should post there. Think about Odysses who let him knot himself to the mast to fight the temptations of the Sirenes.

I like this expression from Roosh regarding posting on the forum. "Be beta on the forum". It reminds me als to the German expression: : Drive defensively not offensively.

There are better suited places for politics:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing about political discussions is no change. Nobody will change another’s mind.
Wrong.

I joined this forum as a life-long Dem0crat L1beral. Because this forum has allowed opinions from different walks of life (and varied topics) I am now a registered independent (and voting for a Repub1ican president for the first time in my life) .

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So...What were the “meaningful threads” you are talking about?

I saw the threads that were linked in here so far and see why they were closed. I also see some stuff you mentioned and those those threads are still open.

Also, @Black Widow Void, I wish a whole lot more members would learn how to use that “ignore” button. Maybe once that happens, we won’t have to ban people who decide to follow other posters around from post to post.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Politics has to taken lightheartedly in forums or things get out of control fast. So keep it light and sweet:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So...What were the “meaningful threads” you are talking about?

I saw the threads that were linked in here so far and see why they were closed. I also see some stuff you mentioned and those those threads are still open.

Also, @Black Widow Void, I wish a whole lot more members would learn how to use that “ignore” button. Maybe once that happens, we won’t have to ban people who decide to follow other posters around from post to post.
Just one example.
My mask discussion thread is another example. That one started off a bit hot, but then my own stance was softened a bit as I saw some points of those with whom I disagreed.

Most recently

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was nothing negative about my Man Up thread....

It was a positive message telling guys not to beat themselves up if women use that "man up" phrase to attack their ego.... Which is no different than when a woman says "you'll die old and alone" as a scare tactic....

That the thread was closed shows how some mods are on some sort of power trip....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw @Bible_Belt as you can see from these examples, they're not just singling you out....

They're doing it to everyone....

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
@TheVirtualMind I think this by @billtx49 explains it pretty much

Another thread CLOSED due to petty bickering…
Take it to PM’s gentlemen.

Petty bickering happens pretty much between same people all the time, if you got those in your thread, it will get locked. It is @Spaz, it is @Who Dares Win and it is @Bible_Belt. They do have good things to say, it is when they say good things back and force page after page f@y things happen to threads.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there a way for us to submit Articles of Impeachment against mods that abuse their power.....????...

We need to Make Sosuave Great Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.