Manti Te'o

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel for the guy. He got h0ed big time here. I mean the guy actually thought he had a girl friend named Lenay kakua. He thought she died of leukemia, weeks after his Grandmother died. Two days later is when this story broke loose, I lol'ed because how can someone be this stupid and go through all this. Btw, he met the 'chick' online. Guess you could figure out how things went from there. I'd like yall's thoughts on this. Honestly, I think it's dumb and he's dumb as hell for even trying to find a girlfriend online. Full story is below--->

http://espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=notre-dame-football&id=13549

Source: Espn.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Either he is an incredibly naive island kid who just got taken by savvy azzhole mainlanders or he is gay and just had his beard shaved off. Either is sad when you think about it.

Personally I do think he was taken for a ride. Interviews I've seen with the kid seem like he is naive and could be fooled pretty easily when it comes to things like sex and relationships. But he obviously got caught up in the story and started lying to make it sell better.

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So Shake, you think he is just going through all this by lying in order to make the story sell better? Hm, interesting assumption indeed. And sage, you seem to have the same belief as well. Idk, I do have my doubts I'll admit that. But honestly...why the F would he be lookin for a girlfriend online anyways!? He's 22-23, got a car, a job I assume, getting ready for NFL in the fall, what in the F. He can easily find a girlfriend on/off his campus. So the fact he is even trying to find one online weather he knew she was a fake or not is truly truly pathetic.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy clowned the media and clowned the public with his clown story?

He's in on it. I don't care what the ESPN and Notre Dame spin machine says. This guy got ***** on the side and he's still trying to act like this fake person meant something. Give me a break.

Unless he gets in front of a camera and without a lawyer, his story means ****.

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Um. A little skeptical eh upside? Well I don't blame ya brah. I am beginning to think that this Te'o story is bull. Te'o obviously the master mind behind it. Looks like ESPN and the rest of the other huge networks/medias' feel for it. Big time. But I don't want to jump to conclusions. I'm going to keep watch and see where this goes, especially as NFL combine looks closer and closer.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude is lying, you know how many hot girls go to notre dame

why would he do online dating over those chicks

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes they are bible Hahaha. And idk Fataljay. Haven't heard of anything of him lying...but he is becoming a bit skeptical to be honest with ya. I'm beginning to not believe a dam* thing Te'o is saying.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
WTF

The truth??? WTF WTF WTF Honestly I find this to be less believable than the earlier reports.

Some fwckin loaded Notre Dame booster is paying this Ronaiah Tuiasosopo guy a damn fat wad of cash for pretending to be gay on national TV. Either that, or he actually is gay and hopelessly in love with Te'O that he'll do anything to protect him.

HOW THE FWCK DO PEOPLE THINK MANTI TE'O WASN'T IN ON THIS. ARE YOU FWCKING KIDDING ME. Just the way his father acted in all this should be an OBVIOUS tip-off. Manti Te'O got SCAMMED? Fwcking kidding me. I talked to my coach today, and he was like "Yeah just imagine how many girls are going to try to take advantage of him when he's in the NFL now that everyone knows he's gullible"

FWCK Notre Dame. Wealthy fwckers controlling the media. ACtually know what? I can't even blame them because the public is so goddamn stupid to actually believe this sh1t. Not going to shoot the shepherd for herding sheep

Thanks for posting BB.

EDIT: Reading/watching some more stuff on the matter, yeah I'm confirming by beliefs further...

The subtitle for the whole incident should be What Would You Do For A Heisman? And you know what although this makes me lose respect for Te'O himself, I'm not judging the guy, sometimes you have to go to extreme lengths to get what you want. I do think that the main instigator of this whole plot is still someone who has yet to be named, someone who is older, smarter, and understands certain things like the media. Te'O fwcked up by agreeing to go along with this, and it totally still is fault. He's an adult now responsible for a decision like that no matter how convincing whoever the instigator was was.

Or is there something big that I'm totally missing? Anyone care to shed some light on why it's actually reasonable that Te'O did get scammed and was not in on it?

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well then. That's a surprise indeed, thanks for the share BB. To think Manti wasn't in on this, eh, I should slap my self a bit for thinking he wasn't involved on how this 'hoax'. And ya I'd like an answer to Sage's question as well, I'm really interested. Waiting on the insight bros.