Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Man wants judge to take his lazy ex-wife off of $3K/mo alimony

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
During the divorce negotiations I agreed to give her more than 50% of the family assets and she was able to buy a house with more net equity than the house I stayed in. I also agreed to modifiable maintenance of $3,000 a month, 50% of the 401(k) and pension. I wanted her set up for success.

So now that my children are grown and the last one is in the final year of college, I am planning on selling the house and downsizing so that I can save more for retirement and pay off the moderate debt I’ve accumulated to pay for their college educations.
The largest single expense I have is the maintenance, and I don’t feel that it is fair that I have to go to work every day and she still hasn’t gotten a steady job.

My question is how do I approach this problem? When is it fair to go back to court to reduce maintenance? I am frustrated because she never would get a job once the children were born despite never-ending promises to do so in the future when we discussed major expenditures that I felt we couldn’t afford at the time.

She still has not gotten a job. This essentially makes it harder for me to do anything without feeling guilty. My other concern is how my ex-wife will portray the situation to my children and how they will react. My lawyer felt it would be no problem getting the maintenance reduced significantly.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last sentence made me chuckle. Lawyers are con artists who will say anything to get your money...and then do no work and keep the money.

It's similar to child support decrees, which are difficult to get re opened to modify. Changed circumstances are required, must be significantly different than at the time the decree was issued.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long can this go on for?
Untill the everyday average guy in that condition goes postal if unheard.

People didnt get "rights" by obeying the law otherwise we would have women ironing shirts and blacks sitting the bottom of the bus...you americans would be still paying taxes to queen elizabeth.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Untill the everyday average guy in that condition goes postal if unheard.

People didnt get "rights" by obeying the law otherwise we would have women ironing shirts and blacks sitting the bottom of the bus...you americans would be still paying taxes to queen elizabeth.
Women should iron shirts man men do masculine chores. The genders were designed to complement each other.