mall game is dead

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a mall a couple weeks ago for the first time in years.

The mall was poppin.

The problem was, there were hardly any women flying solo.

The women were either with homegirls or guy friends.

I'm sure if I make a habit of hittin the mall I will come out with something.

But for now; Walmart it is!!

elitewarrior

Banned
Reaction score
Mall game became all the rage for me between 2000 and 2005 the same time I discovered his form. They had a security where I was at at the mall due to shootings in colorado. But I went to my local mall for the first time in 6 years and completely dead guess I have is going to be turned into apartment complex.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Finding quality women is not just being in the mall.

Depending on what lifestyle you have, my work allows me to find quality women and business-minded women who are attractive as f3uck due to me traveling abroad and locally in major summits and events.

I also move around bars, local bars that have nice architecture and quality music as this attracts women that have a good taste in environments.

Where you hang you attract.

Keep that in mind and if you can't find quality women then time to improve your lifestyle and networking to get to places and areas where you can find more high-quality women.

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imo it's been awful lately, and for day-game I am straight up looking for different situations. could be given all the recent news about constant looting everywhere, but malls have REALLY upped their security lately and no longer can you just be chilling for a few hours their (and not buying anything) without feeling scrutinized or paranoid. just my experience lately and I've definitely noticed a shift in last 1-2 months or so.

I guess other options are just finding events/large group clubs (not nightclubs lol) to go to, since I am getting super frustrated by the lack of opportunities lately and such.
About a month ago I was at the mall. Two guys were badly gaming this girl. She goes to leave and the one guy asks her to hang out that night (I was thinking about telling him a good job for having the balls to do that but didnt) anyways security was about 5 feet away when this happened. They didn't say a thing to the two guys.

25 minutes later I saw the same two guys gaming another girl in a store.

My personal strategy is to use an under the radar (indirect) approach when at malls I visit a lot. Something that gives me a reason to be there. And I also hit the dollar stores or convenience stores and buy drinks. So your actually a customer.

And also : don't focus on one mall all the time. Switch it up. I sometimes drive like an hour away to hit the Toronto and mississauga malls.

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I phrased it confusingly, I meant waiting for women to appear so one can approach them. I wouldn't personally hang around a mall or anywhere waiting on women so I can "spring into action." You mentioned earlier it takes 1-2 hours. Just seems like an enormous waste of time and for me it, it just puts me in a mindset of a lingerer rather than a guy with things to do (which I am).
You just gotta master the walk by approach. You walk down the hall and when you see someone hot you look away then 'see them for the first time' when they get close and open. That's what I used to do. Had it down back in the day where I could get basically every girl into a long conversation.

I should really start doing that approach again. It's hard at first to get them to stay on average, but it's a skill you figure out.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I say "older" I am saying 35+. Not super old but not "young and fertile" like most of the posters at SS are gunning for.

And honestly, approaching workers isn't difficult. They are generally very friendly and I have had success with it in the past. Many times you will get the "I have a boyfriend/husband" line from them but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I don't think approaching women in general is difficult - so I am not saying approaching random women in the mall is hard. Was merely stating I have had more success with store clerks (i.e. I have made more women who are store clerks into longer term plates than random mall shoppers). But admittedly, I have never gone to a mall just to approach women. I always go to do some shopping and if I see a woman I like I approach.
What about like the episode of Beavis and Butthead and hang around Victoria Secret and hit on girls?

Or like Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector movie just barges in and flirts despite being fat.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And also : don't focus on one mall all the time. Switch it up.
There are 2 malls that I have used for doing approaches. Since I rarely use malls for approaches, I mainly go to the one closer to me. If the plan is to use malls for approaches frequently, mixing up indoor malls is likely a good idea.

What about like the episode of Beavis and Butthead and hang around Victoria Secret and hit on girls?
That won't end well for most men. That could be interpreted as rather creepy. Definitely don't go inside of Victoria's Secret to approach and spending time lingering near the entrance/exit isn't much better either.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing pickup INSIDE Victoria's Secret or any lingerie shop sounds ballsy. Go for it! :rofl:

Xman

Banned
Reaction score
Victoria Secrets can be a fun store to quick chat with hot girls since you are on her home court with perfumes squirting and the mannequins.

Then after VC’s try bump into her a second time in the mall for a second approach.

Really great stores though, Victoria Secrets. It smells like a player in there.

Xman

Banned
Reaction score
That won't end well for most men. That could be interpreted as rather creepy. Definitely don't go inside of Victoria's Secret to approach and spending time lingering near the entrance/exit isn't much better either.
Good point. As I stated before, I actually do go into a VS store for chatting with women, and smell perfumes, but it is at a busy flagship location on Fifth Avenue. A busy flagship store like that is probably a different ball of wax compared to a mall in smaller cities.

Also I do appreciate perfumes and colognes so VS feels okay to check out to smell a few samples and see what products they have out.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I stated before, I actually do go into a VS store for chatting with women, and smell perfumes, but it is at a busy flagship location on Fifth Avenue. A busy flagship store like that is probably a different ball of wax compared to a mall in smaller cities.
When I approach in malls, I most commonly approach in a mall in a larger city. This mall has both a Victoria's Secret location in it and a Pink location.

Many times when I have been in this mall and passed by both the Victoria's Secret location and the Pink location, I have thought about if I could pull off approaching in those stores and near the stores. No matter how many times I think about how it might be done, I don't think it can be done well by most men. A man who is top tier in looks might be able to pull it off, but a man who is top tier in looks can easily pull prospects from other venues, so he's not likely to be bothered approaching inside of or at the entrance/exit of Victoria's Secret/Pink.

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are 2 malls that I have used for doing approaches. Since I rarely use malls for approaches, I mainly go to the one closer to me. If the plan is to use malls for approaches frequently, mixing up indoor malls is likely a good idea.

Yeah, I agree. I've never approached in a store like that. Bad vibe. Oh, flower type stores are a really good place to approach.

Xman

Banned
Reaction score
When I approach in malls, I most commonly approach in a mall in a larger city. This mall has both a Victoria's Secret location in it and a Pink location.

Many times when I have been in this mall and passed by both the Victoria's Secret location and the Pink location, I have thought about if I could pull off approaching in those stores and near the stores. No matter how many times I think about how it might be done, I don't think it can be done well by most men. A man who is top tier in looks might be able to pull it off, but a man who is top tier in looks can easily pull prospects from other venues, so he's not likely to be bothered approaching inside of or at the entrance/exit of Victoria's Secret/Pink.
VS is a gold mine if you ask me.

At department stores like JCPenny or Macys women are in there to seriously search for deals, so you might have better chances asking out a perfume salesgirl or a salesgirl in the sunglasses area.

Any area of the department store that has that affordable material-girl vibe. Conversely, when a woman walks into a diamond shop she is business minded. Nobody pitches for dates in a luxurious high end diamond shop like that.

But VS is a special venue. Watch as the babes walk into the store how they change pace it’s like they just walked into a cathedral or a place of great reverence and respect for supermodels and sex.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At department stores like JCPenny or Macys women are in there to seriously search for deals, so you might have better chances asking out a perfume salesgirl or a salesgirl in the sunglasses area.

Any area of the department store that has that affordable material-girl vibe. Conversely, when a woman walks into a diamond shop she is business minded. Nobody pitches for dates in a luxurious high end diamond shop like that.
In the 2011 book, "Day Bang", Roosh highlighted which stores to use in the mall for approaching. Roosh did not spend much time covering department stores, as he indicated that most department store shoppers would tend to be older and married women. I think it would be possible to meet some unattached 30+ or 35+ in department stores, but that's not where I'd want to spend my time. Roosh didn't think most men would benefit from spending time trying to do approaching in department stores with the customers. I do like the idea of trying to ask out a sales rep at a department store. The best times to do that would be non-weekend and non-holiday season times.

Higher end jewelry and diamond shops inside indoor malls are not likely to be ideal spots either.

VS is a gold mine if you ask me.

But VS is a special venue. Watch as the babes walk into the store how they change pace it’s like they just walked into a cathedral or a place of great reverence and respect for supermodels and sex.
Interesting. Do you approach inside of VS?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malls are becoming empty
Mall game became all the rage for me between 2000 and 2005 the same time
Mall game is not the same as it was in the 1990s-2000s.

Online shopping started to rise in the 2000s and continued post 2010.

Many malls have failed since 2005.

There are even reports that Black Friday is not as hectic as it was in the past.

If malls are unable to draw crowds like they did in the past, then it will affect approach opportunities in the malls.

When I have attempted mall game, there have usually been good crowds in the mall. I've typically gone on weekends outside of the November-December period.

I recall one year when I went to a mall in January for a daygame session on a weeknight and it was very slow.

I have found mall game more challenging than grocery store game, which is the form of daygame that has produced the most first dates for me.