Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Making your place look great

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What up fellow man, i moved into an appartment this week, and trying to make it look nice for my benefits ;)

It is an apartment with a bedroom (2 beds) and living room (kitchen included) .

Bedroom is the one im gonna work on first. right now its just 2 beds, my black light and 2 alien candles that light up in black light. Today i bought a blue "party bulb" , gonna put that in as well. I will get some black light paint and paint a big canvas and put that on the wall as well. What other tips do u guys have to decorate your place?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
plants work, i probably will get a palm or something like that in a living room to make it look cozy, but what would u recommend in bedroom?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i honestly can't help you because i have a particular aversion to black lights. your room would completely freak me out. but i can't wait to see what the others say. and if you do it up really good, post a pic.

btw, stuartsan is going to move this;)

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, id guess u will have to keep your eyes closed then iqqi, what time are u coming over again? ;) :p

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get rid of one of the beds in the bedroom - you don't want her sleeping in the bed your not in.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first of all kill all the crazy sh|t. go ask a girl or a gay guy what looks good. watch christopher lowell. LOL. if anyone has seen that guy they know how funny it is.

Eyecandie4ya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fix your bathroom real nice like it look in a catalog.

Women always have to pee so you want to make sure she go into something real nice that make her want to take a bath/shower.;)

Ideas:

use navy blue or green for shower curtains, tiolet cover, etc

a small plant

one of those stands that you can put magazines and other stuff on.

Also ditch the black light for flourescent neo light.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how much entertaining you are planning to do but I would suggest putting the majority of your efforts into the living area, kitchen and bathroom first. Here's why, curb appeal.

Bringing a HB over what is the first thing she is going to see? Unless you have completely primed her on the way over, what are the chances of you and her starting off in the bedroom? Having an inviting living area will draw her into your domain and she will be more receptive to your advances rather than being on guard while sitting on your bed.

Don't forget to have some type of entertainment center with the basics of stereo, CD and video (VHS or DVD). Add a futon a coffee table and a plant or two plus some decorative pillows made of nuseudue. One other thing, get one of those decorative chenille throws. Women are always cold for some reason. Who would have known that taking off her Victoria Secrets would give her the chills.

The kitchen is the other area to consider putting an effort into. Girls are always thirsty (or so it seems). Are you going to offer her some snacks or impress her with a little home cooking or just wine coolers and microwave popcorn for a movie?

Get basic dishes and flatware from Target will do. And stock your cupboards with box dinners that have all/most ingredients included that can be prepared in a half an hour or less. Oh, and don't forget a a set of pots/pans and bake-ware. Many of the quickie dinners need to be baked in the oven. Oh, and keep the kitchen clean. A dirty kitchen will cause nasty crawlers to come and we know what women think about critters that aren't felines.

Speaking of keeping things clean, do not forget about the bathroom. First and foremost, make sure it smells good. Get one of those plug in air fresheners. Also don't buy cheap bathroom tissue. It may be a bargain to get 24 rolls for $4.99 but would you wipe your ass with 80 grit sandpaper? I suggest Charmain Plus with Aloe, Trust me, women love it and will use it as an excuse to visit. Don't ask me why, I just live here :D Finally, make sure there is no mold or mildew in the shower and clean the ring from the toilet bowl before it makes a stain.

You may be wondering about the bedroom, well if you decorate correctly, that futon you bought for the living area should be able to open to a nice size bed!!! Overall keep things minimal and focus on your individual style. Oh, I'm with iqqi about the black light. I still hear stories from women that start off with "And do you believe that I last guy I went out with had one of those funky black lights in his bedroom?!!! It really clashed with his Scooby Doo bedspread!"

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, this article is all you need, bro.

Your Bachelor Pad

I'm in the same boat, trying to get my place looking great for the ladies.

My personal advice, is spend some money and get that bed looking and feeling comfortable as hell. Chicks will want to lay in it. Maybe some 320 or 400 thread count Sateen sheets. And have lots of pillows, even if they are just for decoration.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, guys thanks for responses, but i think we might have gone a little off.

This isnt my permanent Apartment, im renting it while i got to school, im a FRESHMAN, so not too far from high school.

I am not sure why everyone is disagreeing with black lights, i think they look great with white stuff.
Right now i am not going to spend tons of money on a place i live 4 months in, i am just making it cozier.

I will take some pictures and post em up.

DJ Jeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
My place is definately not a place to hang around in as the only furniture i have is a bed, and a chair which are both in my room.

I use my living room as a workout area, so no room for furniture...plus it makes moving ahell of alot easier.

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just moved into a way posh house, plus I had my old apartment pretty decked out and all of that stuff went into my room. This place has hot tub, 2 big screens, the works. Chicks love this ****, and girls always want to come over and hang out. I just had 3 chicks over the other day to sun bathe on the balcony off of my room (neked). If you can swing it, a nice place is way worth the cash and effort. Modern is definately the way to decorate, and pay close attention to the other posts on keeping up your bathroom.

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the library and check out a book on Feng Shui. It'll help you with the placement of furniture and other ornaments that will help positive energy flow through the rooms easier. A home decorated Feng Shui style is very conducive to a relaxed atmosphere.

Cheers!

Pancho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some good advice from these guys. In general, remember:

YOU WANT A MAN APARTMENT, NOT A COLLEGE MEATHEAD/HIGH SCHOOL KID APARTMENT.

No freaky lights, no posters of girls (unless its a real, classy nude painting...but even then...) and no unframed pictures (i.e dont stick a piece of paper to your wall...if the painting has a frame, then do it).

Modern is okay....but a dont have a lot of modern stuff or cash (grad student here). So I have some older, wooden furniture...what I did was get some plants, polish/sand the wooden furniture, and got some landscape paintings that match the furniture. Its not ultra sleek, but its REALLLY comfortable. As soon as people walk in, they relax (all my friends and girls who want to bone me but cant because im in a relationship love it heh).

Bathroom...tres important. Have fake towels and real towels. Hang a rack on your bathroom door that hold your bath towels that you actually use. Then make sure you use a nice set of towels (one solid colour, and all of them the same color) to make it look nice. Get a classy set of marble bathroom stuff (soap holder, toothbrush holder, and rinse cup) the SAME colour as your towels, a nice shower curtain (again same colour), and a bathroom rug (yep, you guessed it..same colour). Toilet seat covers are optional...i like just the white toilet, but a cover isnt bad.

Bedroom...do what you like, as long as you keep it as classy/comfortable as the rest of the house. No black light. A comfortable bed is a must.

The most important thing, though, is to KEEP IT CLEAN AND ORGANIZED. No clothes on the floor, no dirty dishes in the sink, and no stains on the walls or floor (none on your sheets either...wash your covers heh).

Good luck

Pancho

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eeek - black light?

I can visualize my really white ass becoming abit too 'visible' in such an environment :(

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pancho
Some good advice from these guys. In general, remember:

YOU WANT A MAN APARTMENT, NOT A COLLEGE MEATHEAD/HIGH SCHOOL KID APARTMENT.

No freaky lights, no posters of girls (unless its a real, classy nude painting...but even then...) and no unframed pictures (i.e dont stick a piece of paper to your wall...if the painting has a frame, then do it).

Bathroom...tres important. Have fake towels and real towels. Hang a rack on your bathroom door that hold your bath towels that you actually use. Then make sure you use a nice set of towels (one solid colour, and all of them the same color) to make it look nice. Get a classy set of marble bathroom stuff (soap holder, toothbrush holder, and rinse cup) the SAME colour as your towels, a nice shower curtain (again same colour), and a bathroom rug (yep, you guessed it..same colour). Toilet seat covers are optional...i like just the white toilet, but a cover isnt bad.

I agree, no meathead sh1t. Also, although a black light looks cool, which would be cooler you staring at a black light or you staring at a HB? Just because you are a freshman, you don't have to act like an underclassman.

Listen to the advice about the bathroom and the multiple sets of towels. It will cost you more up front but they will pay for themselves in the long run.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aaawwww.. my black light apartment dream is being washed away.

i like the modern look, but to swing it id probably need to invest some cash.

why is everyone so against having fun in bed while the room lights up in black light?