Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

making the first move

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a feeling that I already know the answer to this one, but hey I am going to be a chump and ask it anyway ;)

There’s this girl I kind of like. I'm not all going to get one-itis, don't worry it’s not like I really, really like her. Put it this way, I'd like to get laid and have some fun with her.

We talk when we see each other a fair bit, some joking banter, and we know each other through friends. She is kind of flirty with me; though I got a feeling she is a bit naughty anyway ;)

I am stupid, because I should have asked for her number last night but didn't. Hey, I am a recovering AFC, so give me a break!! I WILL get better at this.

Anyway....

So I now have 2 options.

1. Wait till we bump into each other again and be more confident and ask her out.

2. Get her number of a friend, and make contact. Her number is easy to get through a friend and I don’t think she will think it too weird. To be honest I was going to send a text message and write something funny so she knew it was me and ask her what night she is going out with me next week? Just be super forward like I don't give a ****.

I have to get to that stage, where I am so confident I just don't give a **** what happens.

What’s the worst that could happen from me getting her number and getting in contact?

She might think it’s a touch weird I got her number and blow me off. It’s not like its going to have a negative impact on my life lol. It will just feel like awkward for about a minute the next time we speak. I’ll just shrug it off and make a joke about how she missed out on a great evening instead and I had to call my second choice up lol

Anyway… What do you think?

1 or 2?

mad_monkey59

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it!!!

You might not see her again, or she might have a b/f or she might turn gay waiting for you to make a move. lol

Mate the one thing I've learnt is never to wait, just do it.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Boy is mad monkey right. You have to do it before its too late. Don't overanalyze. Just like when you know the water is cold, you jump in the water without thinking.

I say this with experience. Most recently I was flirting with my bank teller for two months and I never asked for her number even though she was giving me the signs. Just when I gathered the courage to ask her out, I find out she no longer works at the bank and I have no way of finding her.

:( :(

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do it........

Hey,

I agree, contact her.

Ask her out.

If she blows you off---It is her loss. NEXT

cave dweller

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go ahead with your second option. It makes you look desperate, needy and creepy. Girls hate that stuff because it shows that you do not have the guts to ask them for their number in person.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by uniassign
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go ahead with your second option. It makes you look desperate, needy and creepy. Girls hate that stuff because it shows that you do not have the guts to ask them for their number in person.
Bzzzt wrong. Have you even tried this or are you theorizing? I've tried this recently and I've been going out with this girl for 3 months.

My story is very similar:

Hung out with this friend who also brought along other female friends. I liked this one girl but didn't get her number (DAMN!) but then next week I hung out with another group of friends who knew her coincidentally. Got her number, called her right on the spot, we hung out a week later and then we're still dating.

Desperate? What's so desperate about getting someones number from someone else, if a girl that liked me did that and I like her too but didn't ask me or I didn't ask but she got the number from my friend - I'd give her the time and day.