Make a friend a girlfriend

cjd1

Reaction score
I like a women that I have been friends with for over two years. She has had a boyfriend for all this time. They have recently decided to just be friends. In the past she has pointed out single women at the gym or given me advice on women I am dating.

Any advice on how I can go from friend to dating her?

I have known her two years but in the past 6 months we have gotten to be friends at the gym.

Last edited:

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way you could possibly spark a genuine interest within this girl, is for her to see you getting women hotter than her.

Even then, with all these years of "friendship" behind you, you are still pissing up a rope to hope anything romantic will happen with this one.

Your best bet is to forget about her, but not with the hope that she will "remember" you. Only if you may genuinely move on from your infatuation with this one, could you possibly spark her interest.

the_great_gaia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is gonna be tough.

The number one thing that women go off of to guide them in the right direction are their feelings. In your case, if you were to tell her that you want to be with her, she would probably feel "weird", and it could cost you the friendship. But I also believe that anything is possible.

From being her friend for 2 years, she knew women you dated, you know her ex-boyfriend, she's pointed out single women to you, and even gave you advice on the women you dated which makes this situation close to MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. What you probably should realize is that when you're close friends with a female, she views you the same as she would a female friend. Basically, you're one of her "girlfriends", but you have a peni.s and no breasts. In her mind, this makes it highly unlikely that she would date you or find you sexually attractive. But this doesn't apply to EVERY female, just most.

In my opinion, in order to change all of this; her being your friend (of 2 years) to being something more... the work you put in may take just as long as it has being her friend. You have to switch the momentum somehow, get out of the friendzone (which is probably equal to giving people in hell ice-water), and from there, initiate attraction (which you can read about in many directories in the forums), and try your luck. But it may cost you the friendship in the end. My best advice would be.. find other chics, because I also get the feeling that if you were to get this chic, you would only have interest in her, and no one else, and it wouldn't last long.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reinvent yourself.

cjd1

Reaction score
Another PU guru said I should raise up my energy level around her and make comments like hmmm I haven't noticed that before and then change the subject. Any tips on how I should act around her?

jawbreaker73

Don Juan
Reaction score
become somewhat of a jerk and create a distance..be less available to her..when ure with her be slighly ****y and aloof..if she feels tension and is attracted she'll respond otherwise let her go..also by doing this u might risk ruining the 2 year friendship tht uve with her

scorpio1138

Don Juan
Reaction score
go out with her and have a few ****tails.

at the end of it, make a move.

she will like it or not....then you can go from there.