Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Major advice needed

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in college right now and I want to go to med school. I was told that your college major isn't looked at in the same light as for other fields of study and that basically I should just take an easy major. One of the issues that I'm having though is that while the major itself may be easy, at my particular university we need to take at least 4 semesters worth of a foreign language course and pass if your major is apart of the college of Liberal Arts and Sciences. I have gone to a private school for 9 years that taught the same foreign language and even in high school took 2 years of a completely different foreign language. I could not learn it properly. It was too hard and my mind could not process it. My siblings are the same way too, so maybe it's just something that runs in the family I guess, I don't know.

I guess what I'm asking is this: what are some really easy majors that are not apart of Liberal Arts and Sciences?

U

user43770

First off, why do you want to work in the medical field? If it's because of an outside influence you will more than likely end up regretting it. Sure, there's money in it, but money won't necessarily make you happy. I would suggest volunteering at a local hospital before you make your decision.

As far as I know, becoming a doctor - or even a PA - is extremely difficult. Maybe you shouldn't be looking for a cheesecake major to prepare you for it. I would think that you should challenge your mental capabilites before you take on such an endeavor.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, why do you want to work in the medical field? If it's because of an outside influence you will more than likely end up regretting it. Sure, there's money in it, but money won't necessarily make you happy. I would suggest volunteering at a local hospital before you make your decision.

As far as I know, becoming a doctor - or even a PA - is extremely difficult. Maybe you shouldn't be looking for a cheesecake major to prepare you for it. I would think that you should challenge your mental capabilites before you take on such an endeavor.
Too late. I'm set on my goals. Now tell me what are some easy non-LAS majors. I need to know relatively soon.

U

user43770

It's never too late to change course, bud. And I would still recommend volunteering at a hospital or on an ambulance. Try to get a taste for it before you dive in. I have been around people that couldn't stand the sight of blood. You might ought to make sure that isn't you.

As far as majors go, liberal arts are the easy ones. For what it's worth, I have always heard that criminology is cake.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's never too late to change course, bud. And I would still recommend volunteering at a hospital or on an ambulance. Try to get a taste for it before you dive in. I have been around people that couldn't stand the sight of blood. You might ought to make sure that isn't you.

As far as majors go, liberal arts are the easy ones. For what it's worth, I have always heard that criminology is cake.
I heard that too, but I'm not sure why. Also, blood isn't an issue for me at all unless it is my own because of a needle or deep cut from a knife or something.

U

user43770

Because it's an easy major for people that want to be cops or lawyers.

And you better spend some time around the medical field before your parents spend thousands of dollars on it. Don't be stupid.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it's an easy major for people that want to be cops or lawyers.

And you better spend some time around the medical field before your parents spend thousands of dollars on it. Don't be stupid.
You think very low of me. My parents originally wanted me to go to medical school, they won't accept anything else; they told me this. Of course the human body still interests me regardless of what they think, it makes tons of money, and I can live very comfortably because of that. I don't have any time to spend on volunteering right now, but I know for certain blood and organs don't bother me (unless I witness someone getting stabbed to to death or mauled by an animal or something).

My only issue is that I am afraid my grades will drop by taking a foreign language class. You cannot take all of your gen-eds then your major requirements then your college requirements; the US education system is the sh!ttiest of first world countries for a reason. You need to mix everything all up which makes it much more difficult than it needs to be. I'm going to try to take a class or 2 over the summer to make things easier during the school year. I'm thinking of just having to tough it out and try my best at the foreign language even if it might tank my GPA. I just hope that doesn't happen though.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I went to University and studied Radio/TV/Film there was no language or math requirement. That was probably 30 years ago. Now the same University requires 2 semesters of foreign language and math to graduate in my major. This is just BS crap. I think it's a way for the university to make more money from students.

I went on to have a very successful career editing music shows for national distribution. I worked with Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, Roy Clark, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and many more country and christian acts. I also worked on nationally syndicated TV programs.

Did I ever use math or a foreign language? Ummmmmm......no.....

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I went to University and studied Radio/TV/Film there was no language or math requirement. That was probably 30 years ago. Now the same University requires 2 semesters of foreign language and math to graduate in my major. This is just BS crap. I think it's a way for the university to make more money from students.

I went on to have a very successful career editing music shows for national distribution. I worked with Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, Roy Clark, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and many more country and christian acts. I also worked on nationally syndicated TV programs.

Did I ever use math or a foreign language? Ummmmmm......no.....
This is why the education system absolutely sucks. Gen Eds are essentially the stupidest idea ever to hit the education system. They just overdo it. Especially English too, this language changes so much that books from 150 years ago are hard to read. Yet despite the irrelevance of this literature, we still have to read them. It's ridiculous.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
If you could afford it, a foreign language tutor may be helpful to you. Plenty of language teachers give private lessons on the side. Even if you have to spend $50+ per week for an hour session (or more) during the semesters that you take a foreign language, it might be worth it.

As for a major, I think I would go with something that would better prepare you for med school rather focusing on "easy."

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No I don't, buddy. You seem to have a bright mind. I just want you to try something out before you devote a decade of your life to it.
He seems to want to pick and choose his advice, ie wants us to tell him what he wants to hear.

Not gonna happen, OP. And the guy who said Accounting was easy, is an idiot.

TyTe EyEz gave you the advice you need. I only wish I had taken the time to listen to advice like that back when I was younger.

That being said, most pre-meds where I went to college were getting their undergrad degree in Biological Engineering or Chemistry. None of them took the easy way out.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No I don't, buddy. You seem to have a bright mind. I just want you to try something out before you devote a decade of your life to it.
Fair enough. I've known what I wanted to do with my life in a general sense since I was, but now that the time has come, I neeed to narrow it down to the specifics and focus on them.
He seems to want to pick and choose his advice, ie wants us to tell him what he wants to hear.

Not gonna happen, OP. And the guy who said Accounting was easy, is an idiot.

TyTe EyEz gave you the advice you need. I only wish I had taken the time to listen to advice like that back when I was younger.

That being said, most pre-meds where I went to college were getting their undergrad degree in Biological Engineering or Chemistry. None of them took the easy way out.
It is true I want to pick and choose the advice I want to hear. I am already set in what I want to do, so I do not want advice telling me that I 'should' do this or that to make sure it is what I want to do. I want advice almost strictly on what an 'easy' college major would be that would not be apart of liberal arts and sciences.
Also, my cousin's husband used to be on the board of acceptance at my university and he told me what him and his buddies looked at. Major was only important in the sense that they looked for people who weren't bio majors because it's the same across for everyone, with the occasional psych major. If you weren't either and you ended up getting a decent score on the MCAT and a good GPA, you are pretty much guaranteed entry. This is at my specific university at least, I cannot speak for everywhere. From what everyone else has told me though, it seems to be the same throughout.