Love really does change how the brain works

holidayad_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Passion (what some call "love" in a romantic relationship) is one of the dumbest feelings ever.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've dated a few girls and once their love hormones wore off it was the beginning of the end. The more irrational their personality, the more likely this was to happen, and the more rides they'd had on the cahk carousel.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've dated a few girls and once their love hormones wore off it was the beginning of the end. The more irrational their personality, the more likely this was to happen, and the more rides they'd had on the cahk carousel.
Yep. I remember many times within the span of weeks I went from “this is the most healthy relationship I’ve ever been in. My therapist even said I need to hold on to you because you’re good for me” and a few weeks later it was “I’m sorry I just am not looking to be in a serious relationship right now” which I knew meant she’d found another guy.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. I remember many times within the span of weeks I went from “this is the most healthy relationship I’ve ever been in. My therapist even said I need to hold on to you because you’re good for me” and a few weeks later it was “I’m sorry I just am not looking to be in a serious relationship right now” which I knew meant she’d found another guy.
She was in therapy.. That's where you went wrong.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not exactly ground breaking but worth a read for those who haven't heard of dopamine and oxytocin.
Before the Pandemic, I was asked by a friend if I wanted to join their Free Hugs event, where we would hug people on request. I'd read somewhere that long hugs can give women oxytocin boosts, so where most of my friends would give 'quick' hugs, I would hug women and whisper softly that I would hug them as long as they hugged me and they could let go at any time. Most of my hugs were five to ten times as long as those by my friends and I would have a line of women waiting to be hugged like that.

Great fun, I found myself a couple of kittens through that.

From that experience, I took up a practice that when my kittens come over to my lair, I help them out of their coat and then give them a long hug to bring up their oxytocin levels. It's marvellous to feel all the tension drain out of their mind and body and how they try to melt into your arms.

Knowing how to bring up women's oxytocin levels is one of the great 'secrets' of successful seducers. Being good at bodywork trumps looks/money/status by a mile, because women are most attracted to how you make them feel.

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any girl in therapy.. on meds, recreational use only.. it's cool we all learn the hard way.
I'd advise against even that to be honest, bro. More likely to make accusations against you or cause you other problems even if recreational use only. Best left alone, I reckon.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been in love. It is an amazing experience. The highs and lows are off the charts. It’s a drug like nothing else.

legit songs.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To random strangers? To thick hb7+ ladies? To a female boss/manager at work? To a police woman?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Young, old, men, women; I hugged anybody who needed a hug.

Not anymore though, too much sex already, not looking for more kittens.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Young, old, men, women; I hugged anybody who needed a hug.

Not anymore though, too much sex already, not looking for more kittens.
I don't know if I can buy that for Canada and in particular Toronto, Canada. Sounds too much like fantasy-territory that could land you into trouble up here. Maybe Amsterdam (ie where you are from) is a more sex-positive and open culture then these parts. If the people there are that nice there, then I don't think I would even need to visit the Red Light district and would likely just interact with civvies.

Have you visited North America?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Passion (what some call "love" in a romantic relationship) is one of the dumbest feelings ever.
I don't think it's a bad thing. I remember having a crush on a girl a few times, and I've never had so much energy in my life. Made working out super easy too.

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad thing. I remember having a crush on a girl a few times, and I've never had so much energy in my life. Made working out super easy too.
There's something in this, although the energy and motivation can also take a hit if and when things go wrong.