Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lost it, getting it back, slowly

sense

Reaction score
Hi all.

So, when I was a teenager all my mates were getting laid but I was always getting friendzoned. There was no pickup back then, no game, no Internet -- but somehow I managed to work out what was going on and transformed myself into a bit of a challenge. I realised that I had to become distant, and so applied the good old "fake it to make it" approach and it worked.

That was in the late 1980s -- I started getting girlfriends and lays, gained confidence and then after a few years, the Internet came along and I became a master of Internet hookups -- lots of them -- I got lazy with my game as hooking up on line back then was so niche it was hardly a challenge.

A couple of long term relationships ruined my confidence, and there I was in my late forties, wondering what the **** happened - and now I'm 50!

So here I am, trying to get back in the game.

Thing is, I've noticed myself getting friendzoned again -- it's like I've reverted back to that teenager with none of the confidence I had before. I realised this needed to change recently when I made a pass at a younger girl, told her I was getting feelings, only to be hit with the "I'm really not in that place" response. I didn't think I sounded that needy, but I clearly made myself too available.

However, she's part of my general friend circle, so I can't just avoid her -- the question is, how do I behave with this minor "oneitis" now the "cat is out of the bag"?

When I say minor I'm not devastated in the same way I would be as a teenager, but it has hit me more than I'd like and I'd still like to turn the tables.

As much as I want to, I don't think vanishing is going to help matters -- but how to remain aloof and distant without being obvious?

Anyway, that's why I'm here.

sense

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Don't tell them how you feel. Cut that out completely for a start.
Well I managed to swerve the temptation to blurt out any pathetic "I'm in love with you" nonsense ... but I did tell her that I was "beginning to have feelings". So not completely pathetic, but still not as skillful as I could.

Took a lot of nerve to say anything though, but her over-familiarity and the way she was starting to use me as her emotional tampon, well I knew it was getting a bit much and had to be addressed. I knew I was being too available - but it became like a drug.

I've known her about a year and a half, but been spending more time over the last three or four months - there is a connection, and we have got close, but not so close that I'm ignoring all her faults -- she has plenty of them too.

News from friends is that she's "really saddened" by the loss of our friendship, whatever value that has I have no idea.

Meanwhile I need to work on my confidence so I don't fall in this trap again.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
50 and a frame made of jello? Shame on you.

sense

Reaction score
50 and a frame made of jello? Shame on you.
:D I know right!

I'm here because I've seen the other side and allowed myself to lose it again -- I've had sex with 200+ women and 4 long term relationships where I had all the power, and yet here I am having given it away and needing to learn it all again! :rolleyes:

sense

Reaction score
Most guys settle for the first attractive bird that reciprocates interest.
Guilty as charged -- although there is a recurring theme of never being attracted to women who like me, and vice versa. This needs to change.