Dominus
Master Don Juan
Hey guys. Its been a long time since I've been here. However, I need some help. But first, the backstory to it all:
I've been dating this girl (Katie) since sometime in May. We both work at Six Flags, and she was just one of the many many girls who had a crush on me (and can you really blame them?). She would come in on her days off to see me, on her first date, she asked me why I picked her out of all the other girls (she actually got into a little argument with her friend over which one liked me first), her cellphone banner was "I want Chris" (obviously, I'm Chris), and other such stuff. In short, she made no effort to hide the fact that she liked me.
Now, I'm sure some of you have dated girls who are obsessed with the labels of a relationship, and Katie was one of them. Dating, going out, etc. etc., are all very distinct stages and you need to practically hold a meeting over what stage your at, how long you're gonna be there, what the differences are, and so on. Personally, I think thats tedious, pointless, and annoying, and that we should just have fun. But whatever. So, on June 21st (I only remember it cuz it was the first day of summer) we decide that there's really no difference between dating and going out (well, never really thought there was one), and so we decide that we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Yay. Hip Hip hooray.
Now, at that point, she had invited me to her family's 4th of July picnic, actually on the 3rd. I, in turn, invite her to mine, on the 4th. We both get the weekend off, which was hard to do, since we work at a theme park. I, unfortunately, have to end up working a 7 day week beforehand to pull it off (its what I for being a good worker, they squeeze every ****ing hour they can out of me). Add that to the fact that my father harasses me on my days off to help him on the family farm, and I didn't exactly have much time to spend with her. Oh, and I find out that I've been transferred to another position (not a big deal, its a similar position in the same department) because they didn't need two people in the original position. However, shortly after I get transferred, they give my old job to somebody else. Throw in a few other trivial details, and its your typical ****ty office politics that screws me over. Its at this point, that I realize that my job is crap (no overtime, time and a half, they make me work about 50 hours a week, and I get paid **** for my position).
So, I work the 7 day week, trying my damndest to grin and bear it (to add insult to injury, they needed me in my old capacity on one of those days, as the guy they gave my job to was out). It finally ends and I'm set to enjoy the weekend with my girlfriend. On the 3rd, we're at her place, and she seems kinda down. I try to cheer her up, but I'm also worried about the whole association thing (me being associated, in her mind, with feeling bad). I started to have "a bad feeling about this" to quote every character from star wars. Still, things go fairly well, though some of her male friends come over, preventing us from spending any time by ourselves.
So, the night passes, and next its the 4th of July, for real. I pick her up, and we go to my family picnic. Much larger than hers, and its been said to overwhelm some (we get about 50 people, and thats just a small fraction of the family). She seems even more depressed this day, and just says she's feeling sick. I finally manage to coax it ouf of her though. We excuse ourselves from the picnic for awhile, and she tells me that she doesn't feel like my girlfriend, since we've spent so little time together. She goes on for a bit, and says she just wants things to be the way they were before, and she makes a point that she still feels the same way about me. I ask her what exactly will change. She says nothing, but she would feel better to say we're just dating. But, we'll still tell the people at work that we're going out (cuz they don't really get the difference, and I only pretend to). I say, alright, if it makes you feel better, and nothing's reall gonna change, fine by me. So, the day passes, I drop her off, and she kisses me goodbye.
However, what I (and probably everyone else who's reading this) didn't realize was that that little discussion we had there, was her way of saying she wanted to break up. Since I don't realize this, I don't quite understand why she's so gloomy, and I figure I'll cheer her up, and I buy her a nice stuff animal on the 7th (wednesday), from one of the games (we get a decent discount). Doesn't seem to do the trick, and she's not returning my calls. I figured it was because I hadn't been returning her calls, and she was trying to get back at me (in my defence, by the time I got home from work, it was about 11pm, and I didn't want to call her that late). The next time I see her is the 9th (friday), when she happens to be there on her day off. She gets really quiet when I come up to her, and I know that something is definately up, and that there's no way I'm gonna find out on my own. Luckily, I have a friend who asks her, all on his own, and he finds out that she thinks we're totally broken up.
Now, let me mention that, in addition to hating my job every day for the past few weeks, the 9th was all-around, a really really bad day. So, to find out a week after it happened that I was single again, kinda pushed me over the edge. Well, not quite. I only lost it after she told me that "she didn't feel like discussing it" at the time. I behaved myself until she was out of range. I then sorta flipped out. See, I've got this look, where I tilt my head forward a bit, narrow my eyes, and smile a little. Its really really ****ing creepy. I scared a few people that day, and because I had about 6 more hours left to my shift, had no real good way to vent my frustration, so I basicly went nuts. I didn't really do anything, just punched a wall a few times, and had a very very pissed off look on my face (I also started laughing maniacly at one point). Long story short, I did not conduct myself well, though I did know enough to avoid her for the rest of the day.
However, being a naturally dramatic work enviroment, word spread quickly, and alot of other people gave her grief about it (cuz everyone loves me there). My boss actually yelled at her for putting me in such a ****ty mood, as I wasn't really performing up to my usual standards. One of the managers also asked her to leave, evidently. So, I indirectly ruined her day almost as much as she ruined mine (though, it wouldn't have taken much to ruin that day to begin with).
Alright, so, to make a long story longer. Since then, I managed to find some time to talk to her, in the most polite and nice manner possible. I manage to get some of my questions answered, as I really wanted to know why she did it. I get them answered as well as I can hope to, and also try to smooth things over, apologizing on behalf of all the people who jumped down her throat.
Anyway, both of us are really really sick of the drama, and think that everyone should basicly butt out. However, of course, people are dragging this out for every little ounce of drama possible (such as some who want to write me up if I even go near her, even though we've both agreed to put it behind us as best as possible).
Ok, thats it. Now, I've got two requests for you guys:
1) Any advice, or constructive criticism? I know I ****ed up there at the end, but do any of you have any more input?
2) As a challenge for myself and my skills, I want to try to get back with her (well, I'm telling myself its just a challenge and not me feeling sorry for myself) by her birthday, exactly one month away (basicly, if she were to invite me to the party, I'd count that as a victory). Now, if you were me, how would you go about doing it? One thing I'd be certain to do is totally avoid work and approach it all from a different angle, probably through her friends (who all love me).
Alright, go at it guys, and don't be afraid to tear me a new one, but I just had to be able to unload all this on somebody.
I've been dating this girl (Katie) since sometime in May. We both work at Six Flags, and she was just one of the many many girls who had a crush on me (and can you really blame them?). She would come in on her days off to see me, on her first date, she asked me why I picked her out of all the other girls (she actually got into a little argument with her friend over which one liked me first), her cellphone banner was "I want Chris" (obviously, I'm Chris), and other such stuff. In short, she made no effort to hide the fact that she liked me.
Now, I'm sure some of you have dated girls who are obsessed with the labels of a relationship, and Katie was one of them. Dating, going out, etc. etc., are all very distinct stages and you need to practically hold a meeting over what stage your at, how long you're gonna be there, what the differences are, and so on. Personally, I think thats tedious, pointless, and annoying, and that we should just have fun. But whatever. So, on June 21st (I only remember it cuz it was the first day of summer) we decide that there's really no difference between dating and going out (well, never really thought there was one), and so we decide that we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Yay. Hip Hip hooray.
Now, at that point, she had invited me to her family's 4th of July picnic, actually on the 3rd. I, in turn, invite her to mine, on the 4th. We both get the weekend off, which was hard to do, since we work at a theme park. I, unfortunately, have to end up working a 7 day week beforehand to pull it off (its what I for being a good worker, they squeeze every ****ing hour they can out of me). Add that to the fact that my father harasses me on my days off to help him on the family farm, and I didn't exactly have much time to spend with her. Oh, and I find out that I've been transferred to another position (not a big deal, its a similar position in the same department) because they didn't need two people in the original position. However, shortly after I get transferred, they give my old job to somebody else. Throw in a few other trivial details, and its your typical ****ty office politics that screws me over. Its at this point, that I realize that my job is crap (no overtime, time and a half, they make me work about 50 hours a week, and I get paid **** for my position).
So, I work the 7 day week, trying my damndest to grin and bear it (to add insult to injury, they needed me in my old capacity on one of those days, as the guy they gave my job to was out). It finally ends and I'm set to enjoy the weekend with my girlfriend. On the 3rd, we're at her place, and she seems kinda down. I try to cheer her up, but I'm also worried about the whole association thing (me being associated, in her mind, with feeling bad). I started to have "a bad feeling about this" to quote every character from star wars. Still, things go fairly well, though some of her male friends come over, preventing us from spending any time by ourselves.
So, the night passes, and next its the 4th of July, for real. I pick her up, and we go to my family picnic. Much larger than hers, and its been said to overwhelm some (we get about 50 people, and thats just a small fraction of the family). She seems even more depressed this day, and just says she's feeling sick. I finally manage to coax it ouf of her though. We excuse ourselves from the picnic for awhile, and she tells me that she doesn't feel like my girlfriend, since we've spent so little time together. She goes on for a bit, and says she just wants things to be the way they were before, and she makes a point that she still feels the same way about me. I ask her what exactly will change. She says nothing, but she would feel better to say we're just dating. But, we'll still tell the people at work that we're going out (cuz they don't really get the difference, and I only pretend to). I say, alright, if it makes you feel better, and nothing's reall gonna change, fine by me. So, the day passes, I drop her off, and she kisses me goodbye.
However, what I (and probably everyone else who's reading this) didn't realize was that that little discussion we had there, was her way of saying she wanted to break up. Since I don't realize this, I don't quite understand why she's so gloomy, and I figure I'll cheer her up, and I buy her a nice stuff animal on the 7th (wednesday), from one of the games (we get a decent discount). Doesn't seem to do the trick, and she's not returning my calls. I figured it was because I hadn't been returning her calls, and she was trying to get back at me (in my defence, by the time I got home from work, it was about 11pm, and I didn't want to call her that late). The next time I see her is the 9th (friday), when she happens to be there on her day off. She gets really quiet when I come up to her, and I know that something is definately up, and that there's no way I'm gonna find out on my own. Luckily, I have a friend who asks her, all on his own, and he finds out that she thinks we're totally broken up.
Now, let me mention that, in addition to hating my job every day for the past few weeks, the 9th was all-around, a really really bad day. So, to find out a week after it happened that I was single again, kinda pushed me over the edge. Well, not quite. I only lost it after she told me that "she didn't feel like discussing it" at the time. I behaved myself until she was out of range. I then sorta flipped out. See, I've got this look, where I tilt my head forward a bit, narrow my eyes, and smile a little. Its really really ****ing creepy. I scared a few people that day, and because I had about 6 more hours left to my shift, had no real good way to vent my frustration, so I basicly went nuts. I didn't really do anything, just punched a wall a few times, and had a very very pissed off look on my face (I also started laughing maniacly at one point). Long story short, I did not conduct myself well, though I did know enough to avoid her for the rest of the day.
However, being a naturally dramatic work enviroment, word spread quickly, and alot of other people gave her grief about it (cuz everyone loves me there). My boss actually yelled at her for putting me in such a ****ty mood, as I wasn't really performing up to my usual standards. One of the managers also asked her to leave, evidently. So, I indirectly ruined her day almost as much as she ruined mine (though, it wouldn't have taken much to ruin that day to begin with).
Alright, so, to make a long story longer. Since then, I managed to find some time to talk to her, in the most polite and nice manner possible. I manage to get some of my questions answered, as I really wanted to know why she did it. I get them answered as well as I can hope to, and also try to smooth things over, apologizing on behalf of all the people who jumped down her throat.
Anyway, both of us are really really sick of the drama, and think that everyone should basicly butt out. However, of course, people are dragging this out for every little ounce of drama possible (such as some who want to write me up if I even go near her, even though we've both agreed to put it behind us as best as possible).
Ok, thats it. Now, I've got two requests for you guys:
1) Any advice, or constructive criticism? I know I ****ed up there at the end, but do any of you have any more input?
2) As a challenge for myself and my skills, I want to try to get back with her (well, I'm telling myself its just a challenge and not me feeling sorry for myself) by her birthday, exactly one month away (basicly, if she were to invite me to the party, I'd count that as a victory). Now, if you were me, how would you go about doing it? One thing I'd be certain to do is totally avoid work and approach it all from a different angle, probably through her friends (who all love me).
Alright, go at it guys, and don't be afraid to tear me a new one, but I just had to be able to unload all this on somebody.
Last edited: