lost Gungho attitude in dealing with problems?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
have any of you gentlemen lost your youthful Gung ho attitude in dealing with problem in life ?

when I was in my 20s, I had no fear in tackling any problems in life. However I now feel uncertainty in dealing with problems. I feel sort of lost.

Is there a way to regain that youthful confidence in your 40s ?

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it's called working out regularly at the gym and lifting weights. You should probably go get your testosterone levels checked (and I'm being VERY serious). My father had the same experience you are describing and turns out he had low testosterone. He got some injections and has been doing much better.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:
have any of you gentlemen lost your youthful Gung ho attitude in dealing with problem in life ?

when I was in my 20s, I had no fear in tackling any problems in life. However I now feel uncertainty in dealing with problems. I feel sort of lost.

That "lost" feeling is probably the onset of your mid-life crisis. The realization that you are "not" in your 20's any more is a rude awakening for many men.

However,you're barking up the wrong tree by trying to regain the immaturity and inexperience of your 20's. You should accept that you are now an older and hopefully a more experienced "man".

Cheers!

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:
YES!!

It's called weight training and Testosterone Replacement Therapy. You can probably qualify, just gotta find a doc who will play ball!

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeyondCharm said:
Yes, it's called working out regularly at the gym and lifting weights. You should probably go get your testosterone levels checked (and I'm being VERY serious). My father had the same experience you are describing and turns out he had low testosterone. He got some injections and has been doing much better.
Wow! That hit home BCharm. I had the exact problem. Sure enough, my testosterone was low. That's normal as one ages. Got some topical testosterone and apply it once a day. The ability to concentrate came back as well as a rise in my energy level. Worked wonders for me anyway. On another note, the injectibles I found are actually cheaper compared to the topical.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well I am taking a light testosterone supplement in the form of topical cream. I doesn't seem to have immediate effect in a month.

Should I get the injection ?

Has anyone taken injection form of testosterone?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
That "lost" feeling is probably the onset of your mid-life crisis. The realization that you are "not" in your 20's any more is a rude awakening for many men.

However,you're barking up the wrong tree by trying to regain the immaturity and inexperience of your 20's. You should accept that you are now an older and hopefully a more experienced "man".

Cheers!
I don't want to regain my immaturity. I want to regain my enthusiasm for life.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:
I don't want to regain my immaturity. I want to regain my enthusiasm for life.
Okay, I'll buy that. Now, explain to me why you were enthusiastic for life in your 20s but no longer are? What's changed?

Cheers!

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
Okay, I'll buy that. Now, explain to me why you were enthusiastic for life in your 20s but no longer are? What's changed?

Cheers!
when I was in my 20s, I discovered new things in life. I could smell everything with my senses. My senses absorbed all things in life. I was awestruck by many things. I am not talking about women.

I enjoyed sports such as hockey, biking, skating, camping. I played sports with my buddies. Everyone now moved away.

I have seen too many bad things in life that I feel disenchanted about life. I have seen too many dirty politics in corporate world. I got screwed by dirty office politics that piss me off. I want to beat the **** out of somebody. My rage is all bottle up like a volcano. My senses ignore everything in life. I don't want to smell the roses. I met different types of women: gold diggers, dumb chicks. smart ones, shy types. My senses seem to have gone numb.

Is there anything else in life that I can still learn? I find life is a **** hole.