Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing Fat, Counting Calories and Maintenance

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello to all the other calorie counters, I am literally the last guy that should ever be making a thread on being healthy but I have a pretty good understanding of the basics through experience.

Losing weight in general comes from being in a calorie deficit; to enter a calorie deficit, you must either increase your maintenance calories through exercise or reduce your calorie intake below maintenance. Calculating maintenance accurately is beyond me, but there are basic equations online.

A good start is to calculate maintenance, then adhere to that calorie amount for maybe 2 weeks and weigh yourself, see if you add or lose weight, then you can adjust your calorie count more accurately; taking the time to understand your body will help.

In terms of deficits, everyone is different but typically if you run below 400 calories a day, then you'll slowly eat away at your fat, where as if you are entering much higher calorie deficits you'll eat away fat but also muscle.

Most importantly, your metabolism is a reflection of what you have eaten in terms of calorie volume... If you eat a lot, your metabolism is going to be fired up but it needs that stimulation over the course of about a month, conversely, if you are barely eating, then your metabolism will adjust and slow down, so if you want to burn fat, it starts with your metabolism and you need to fire it up by eating lots, build muscle, weight training to mitigate calorie intake, then after a month your metabolism will be ready to burn off some fat.

Remember, big calorie deficit alone only works for a while, pace yourself.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think that aggressive dieting/large calorie deficits can be very effective when done right. Check out the Rapid Fat Loss/Extreme Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald. He explains all of the science on how to crash diet without losing muscle.

Those books changed my life.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think that aggressive dieting/large calorie deficits can be very effective when done right. Check out the Rapid Fat Loss/Extreme Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald. He explains all of the science on how to crash diet without losing muscle.

Those books changed my life.
I can't argue with you I'm in 1 right now haha

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't argue with you I'm in 1 right now haha
Yeah I feel like one of the problems with slow dieting is it doesn’t take much to undo your deficit completely. Say you’re dieting in a 300-400 calorie deficit. You can literally undo a whole week’s worth of progress with one overeating episode on the weekend.

That’s not the case with aggressive diets, or at least the problem is mitigated lol

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like one of the problems with slow dieting is it doesn’t take much to undo your deficit completely. Say you’re dieting in a 300-400 calorie deficit. You can literally undo a whole week’s worth of progress with one overeating episode on the weekend.

That’s not the case with aggressive diets, or at least the problem is mitigated lol
Yeah appetite suppression is #1 for me, I'm in around a 1400 deficit plus I am doing an hour of swimming daily, practically my entire diet is protein right now. Also doing steam room with green tea, the diuretic plus steam room is a killer, need to continually hydrate or you fall on your face

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah appetite suppression is #1 for me, I'm in around a 1400 deficit plus I am doing an hour of swimming daily, practically my entire diet is protein right now. Also doing steam room with green tea, the diuretic plus steam room is a killer, need to continually hydrate or you fall on your face
That sounds really similar to what I’m doing. Just sub swimming for running and biking and remove the diuretics and steam room lol. I’m in a 1750 calorie deficit per day between diet and activity.

Last edited: