Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looks Matter

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short post here. Obviously some of the tips and tricks posted here can prove useful, but the biggest lesson i have learned in my 23 years is that looks matter. Ive been on both ends on the spectrum, and it makes a world of a difference. With good looks, comes confidence, and the rest falls in place. You barely have to try. So my best advice i could offer anyone would be to work on your appearance. Obviously people are endowed with different genetics, but there are things you can control. Stop analyzing text messages, get your ass to the gym, have good hygiene, eat healthy, buy a good wardrobe. If you are naturally good looking you are already laughing

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
Obviously people are endowed with different genetics, but there are things you can control. Stop analyzing text messages, get your ass to the gym, have good hygiene, eat healthy, buy a good wardrobe. If you are naturally good looking you are already laughing
easier said than done but truth!

Link

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even after all that work women still turn you down for a much more taller wealthy guy.

Legal prostitutes > Wasting time with pua.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks do matter, but it is not everything that's for sure..

I have known pretty women that just don't take care of themselves. Super pretty girl, nice & busty I dated once. Crust in her ears, crust in her hair.. it was like how can you miss that stuff if your bathing? Didn't you just take a shower before coming here? Cooch semi stanky too... just grossed me out in general. The only time I really enjoyed her was after sex because she would shower and be clean. Then I would hit it again the way it was supposed to be...

Then I dated a kinda chubby girl that was super hygenic always well dressed and taken care of. Was a joy to sleep with and take out places. I didnt feel like I was taking some filthy scrub out for sustenance.

Really though, looking good is no holy grail. But it is one of those things that will either make or break the deal. Just take pride in your appearance is the moral of this story...

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
but there are things you can control. Stop analyzing text messages, get your ass to the gym, have good hygiene, eat healthy, buy a good wardrobe.
I agree , any guy can create a lean fitness model type of body with a proper diet and exercise program. Then seek professional style/fashion advice to create a look that works for you. Top this off with taking really good care of your hygiene.

These are all freebies that I recommend every man take full advantage of.

CJ 101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
Short post here. Obviously some of the tips and tricks posted here can prove useful, but the biggest lesson i have learned in my 23 years is that looks matter. Ive been on both ends on the spectrum, and it makes a world of a difference. With good looks, comes confidence, and the rest falls in place. You barely have to try. So my best advice i could offer anyone would be to work on your appearance. Obviously people are endowed with different genetics, but there are things you can control. Stop analyzing text messages, get your ass to the gym, have good hygiene, eat healthy, buy a good wardrobe. If you are naturally good looking you are already laughing
I do not agree at all, I'm a 27 year old male who got into the seduction community four and a half years ago, I get compliments about my looks all the time, I've gotten away with alot of thing because of the way i look eg : when i went to the DMV ti get my licence when i was 19 i did absolutely nothing, the lady who took me for the driving test did not test me at all on anything, she kept on complimenting me on how goodlooking i am and we ended up making out in the car.

Last year i bought a new car and for the past two months i haven't paid my car not because the wife of the guy who owns the car dealership let me get away with it and I'm currently sleeping with her, that's just the peak of the iceberg, from high school and all through college i've gotten compliments about my looks but here's the problem...............The type of females who usually fall for the fact that i'm good looking are ordinay looking females whereas with girls who are 10's my looks did not work for me as much as they did on girls that are 5's -7's.........you see an ordinary looking chick feels flattered when an attractive guy hits on her because that boosts her ego whereas a perfect 10 usually doesn't need the ego boost because she's had attractive guys hit on her since she was in high school so a guy will do better with a chick who's a 10 if he has game rather than looks alone, for me it wasn't until i found the community and started studying seduction that i knoew how to get hot chicks into bed

SO WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT IF YOU'RE A GOODLOOKING DUDE, THEN YOUR GOOD LOOKS WILL HELP YOU GET ROSIE O DONNEL INTO BED BUT THEY USUALLY WON'T WORK WHEN IT COMES TO A CHICK WHO'S A VICTORIA SECRET MODEL, If looks do matter then look at couples like Seal and Heidi Klum and to top it off Seal doesn't even make as much as Heidi Klum but she's with him, and not only that Seal has dated Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell and other models and yet he's ugly as ****..............GUYS IT'S ABOUT HAVING GAME NOT GOOD LOOKS.

Link

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
I agree , any guy can create a lean fitness model type of body with a proper diet and exercise program. Then seek professional style/fashion advice to create a look that works for you. Top this off with taking really good care of your hygiene.

These are all freebies that I recommend every man take full advantage of.

Can't wait until you know it all guys get cancer or some other illness screwing your body. Then and only then, can you see how soulless women are when it comes to looks.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they do. Anyone who claims otherwise is either believing women when they claim otherwise, or trying to make up for short-comings in this area. The reason women claim this is because they don't want to appear as being shallow. They're always talking about hot guys, wanting wild sex, etc. They just don't want it perceived that way.

CJ: I have no idea what you're talking about. The majority of girls that showed interest in me were hotties. People generally go after what they feel is in their league, or the best they can get. That's not to say average to fat people didn't show interest, but not nearly as much as the good-looking ones. I never had problems in this area.

One thing about the hotties though... The reason they act as you describe is because they can have most any guy they want. Therefore, they place no value onto them. They also tend to be self-absorbed, conceited, and think they're better than everyone else. And, they usually have people coming to them. A good-looking guy means nothing to them. They usually have unrealistic standards even beyond this.

Another point I disagree with is hotties not needing an ego boost. Ha! Way off, sir. Why do you think so many of them are attention *****s? They live their entire lives off ego, and male attention. They can never get enough, and are always looking for more.

One thing I will point out, though, is that looks aren't ENOUGH. If you're a chump, being good-looking won't get you anywhere. There are still certain traits you need, and having game makes it that much better. If someone's attracted to you, and you're being a challenge, and these things.... Sky's the limit. Women also show a lot of interest in you, BUT you can still screw it up. It's a definite, huge advantage, but its futile if you don't have game to back it up. ONS' not included.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the context of dating, as opposed to everyday general life which is what I think this thread is getting towards, it partly depends perhaps on who you’re hitting on- how much do they matter to them? Is it your standards that are partly to blame? If it’s the sluttiest ones- well, from my experience, girls like that have no time for down-to-earth or substance.

Men get knocked for ogling or placing greater emphasis on looks, but women can be just as bad or far worse, but come at it from a different angle. The media has I am sure caused people to be catagorized- brainwashing us into expecting certain norms. I have always been awkward physically and mentally. Life can be rough- half the time I think is it worth bothering carrying on?

Nicholas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scientific studies have shown that men all of the sudden lose their sex appeal in women eyes when they find out his social status & bank account are low.

If you're a chump, being good-looking won't get you anywhere.
Exactly right. On the other hand working on your looks and improving your style opens more possibilites in future following an increase in drawing attraction. And that means less efforts - better results(?).

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Link said:
Then and only then, can you see how soulless women are when it comes to looks.
Thats pretty extreme, but I see your point. I think both men and women would both come off pretty soulless with looks in that situation though.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry maybe i did overgeneralize a little when it comes to looks, and maybe i am speaking from experience with my own age group. My points is that i think looks are extremely important when trying to pick up the opposite sex. I remember reading a statistic that woman make up their mind in the first 5 seconds of meeting you whether they are someone they could see themselves dating and/or marrying. 5 seconds! that sure sounds like long enough to get know your personality..No they look for height, strength, facial features etc

My points is that there are things in your control, and should be taken advantage of by every man. I agree with previous posters who say looks are not everything, but they sure as hell help. Its like applying for a job. Good test scores will get you the interview, but you have to impress them in the interview to get the job. Good looks will get you an interview with a girl, but your personality/game has to take it from there.

I notice this especially in the bar scene, where the music is so loud you cant even talk. You only go off of looks, because there is no communication. You can tell the good looking guys who can get any girl in there off of looks. Like i said also having good looks makes the other traits come naturally. Good looks brings confidence, which brings good social skills, which brings game. Its all tied together

90% looks 10% everything else. And this is in regards to girls being sexually attracted to you, and actually like you. Not gold-digging older *****s like was mentioned earlier

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I'm gonna quote Rollo to close this case.

Looks, Money, Game.

Have 2 or 3.

Also, Hockey Playa, I looked at your post above this and have this to add. They size up your looks and money. They ask if you're physically attractive, and if the answer is no, they ask if you're financially attractive. If the answer is also no, you've got an uphill battle.

Case closed.

Nicholas

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's joke around here...
What's a poor, fat guy? - A dirty pig
What's a rich, fat guy? - A teddy bear.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you're over-generalizing... I've seen it happen first hand. Of all the friends I have - its the good-looking ones that get all the girls. They all have a wide range of personalities, but it comes down to looks. Nice, mean, selfish, caring - it doesn't matter. The girl will just complain and try to change them if they're unattractive in their personality - while still getting involved with them.

What's interesting is that both groups do the EXACT same things, but only the good-looking ones make significant progress. Girls say I'm nice, sweet, too good to be true, a sweetheart, the nicest person they've met, any woman would be lucky to have me, etc. The same lines all these "nice guys" hear before they get rejected. The difference is, sexual advances are always made on their end. Being nice doesn't turn any of them off. They LOVE it. Always smiling, flirting, touching. Hell, I am sometimes really shy, but that doesn't turn them off, either. I never get the friends line, or told I'm too nice.

Being too nice was never an issue. It was always being unexciting, acting like a chump, and so forth. No one was ever turned off by my niceness - even back in the day.

Another "nice" friend, however, gets rejected constantly. All of the girls want to be his "friend", and say he is nice. He never gets a chance. There is nothing we do differently. I act just as friendly as he does. Girls feed him the same lines - only, he gets rejected afterwards. Whereas, I usually get some kind of sexual advance. Doing the EXACT same things. The only difference is the looks. The same girls that reject him flirt with me, and others.

This applies to the jerks, as well. The unattractive ones hardly get any women, but the good-looking ones never have a shortage of them. It's the opposite side of the same coin with nice guys. Girls will say he has a bad personality, he's difficult, he annoys them, etc, to the unattractive ones...while adding "but..." to the good-looking ones. Or, simply ignoring all the bad, because they're "hot". Either way, they are given way more chances, and allowed to get away with much more. Or, just getting a chance at all.

I've seen and experienced this for as long as I can remember. Different groups throughout the years... All the same results.

I once asked a girl I dated about a comment a friend made about what not to do. He said don't be too nice to her, because you'll just be her friend. She told me straight up that he only failed because he wasn't physically attractive. He didn't make it past the first date. I bombed pretty hard, and still made it much further.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok; firstly, of course looks matter, anyone who thinks otherwise is absolutely deluded. Now you can either use that as an excuse and resign yourself to a lifetime of ugly girls, or you can get off your ass and do something about it.
Like the OP I've been on two, quite extreme ends of this equation, and also held the middle ground as well.
About 5 years ago I weighed 19 stone, and was obviously pretty fat. I got NOWHERE with girls, I was at uni at the time as well so plenty of opportunities. Even the UGs thought they were better than me. But at the time I had no game either, being fat/ugly will damage your confidence and it's difficult to game girls when you don't believe in yourself/ it's something I still struggle with now because mentally I find it difficult to distance myself from being that 19 stone guy.
Since then I've lost a tonne weight, down to about 12 st 10 lbs, bordering on a 6 pack etc and it's far easier. Me and my friend have actually had girls open us for the past 3 times we've gone out to nightclubs.
But that doesn't mean it's the be all and end all! I've been dumped and replaced with a fat guy whos into warhammer recently, so if you have your game right you can combat this.
Another point is that for men its far easier to be "good looking" than for girls. Your facial features will improve as your body fat reduces, you'll become more chiselled etc etc. Obviously some are just more naturally better looking than others, but I think most people can get themselves to a point where looks is no longer a barrier- yes its hard and takes effort, but the amount of people i see on here complaining, it's a small price to pay!

gaspipe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive always been told that Im very good looking since high school. Is there an advantage? Yes. When you are good looking you seem to get certain breaks that not so good looking people don't get.

By the same token being good looking has its disadvantages. Ive experienced the following:

1. Jealousy from other guys
2. Resentment and *****y behavior by some women without even them knowing me (they automatically think you are arrogant, conceited, a player or assume that you are a jerk)
3. Stalker behavior by women, some of them even married (I had a married secretary declare her love for me and when I turned down her advances she started spreading false rumors about me. I had a woman married to a business associate pursue me which created an awkward situation).
4. People think you are gay
5. Being approached by gay men

These are just a few.