Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looks is everything

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do people get this notion that men in their 50’s, with greying hair, baldness, less elastic skin, various skin disfigurations, more body hair, and corpselike complexion look better than in their 20’s? Lol. I’m still in great shape, mid 40’s, but no, I do not look better. Lol.
Look at Mike o Hearn

Reactions: MAB

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another example of a guy looking like a boy when young vs man when older:
Stallone at 31 vs 48

MAB

Don Juan
Reaction score
No hair dye or transplants for me.
I don't dye my hair. I use a shampoo that actually claims to get rid of the grey and for me that really works.

I agree that if you should never let the way you look actually impact your inner state. I still enjoy looking younger and looking fit but my life isn't based around it and if it would change tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.

Appearances come and go. For me it's paramount to build your life on a foundation of spirituality and real friendship. That's what really counts in the end.

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The human brain does not reach maturity until 25 years of age and them’s facts. Science is hard.
Is this true? I’ve felt smarter and more developed cause I worked on myself at 18 then when I got the fruits of my labor at 23 and became a degenerate and actually went backwards. I’m back on my **** again and I feel smarter and better than ever

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The human brain does not reach maturity until 25 years of age and them’s facts. Science is hard.
That’s true, though I think it’s reasonable to consider them men.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I became a man at twelve. :cool:

Law of averages at work, some guys don't mature until they're in their fifties.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ironically the reason most peoples looks start to go as they age is precisely because of this mindset. They think, oh well, everyone gets fat, pudgy, bloated dad bods when they get older, just own it! To me, this is a defeatest mindset, even in the case of balding, won't you at least try? It doesn't have to be this way.

While I admit genetics probably play a large role, there is no reason a man can't be full of vigor, vitality, vibrance, and health into his 40s and 50s. You may not have those flawless youthful good looks, but there's something to be said about an older man's face, it reveals his character, his wisdom, a rugged sense of masculinity they can be even more handsome in some ways. I am actually looking forward to being a silver fox when I'm older.

Pierce Brosnan is almost 50 in this movie! Would bang, no homo.

View attachment 12416

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
‘First off, unless you have 1/100,000 god tier genetics, you're incel as fvck around age 40 and beyond.’

Saw this online. A bit of an exaggeration. But basically true.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
‘First off, unless you have 1/100,000 god tier genetics, you're incel as fvck around age 40 and beyond.’

Saw this online. A bit of an exaggeration. But basically true.
For every man who falls into that category, how many of them are due to preventable things such as: soy boobs/dad bods, lizard skin, and receding hairlines? I'd guess it's over 50%

See my comment above.
You may not look as aesthetically/objectively attractive, but you may look more masculine/rugged if everything is optimal. In many ways I look better now in my mid 30s than I did in my early 20s and various women can attest to that. I had more "boyish" looks in my 20s but now look more rugged and handsome. If you are losing your looks by your 40s i'd bet it's because you don't take care of your skin. Diet also plays a role of course: refined seed oils, alcohol, and sugar will age you rapidly. All that said, once again I'm not gonna sit here and say genetics/luck aren't involved though.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For every man who falls into that category, how many of them are due to preventable things such as: soy boobs/dad bods, lizard skin, and receding hairlines? I'd guess it's over 50%

You may not look as aesthetically/objectively attractive, but you may look more masculine/rugged if everything is optimal. In many ways I look better now in my mid 30s than I did in my early 20s and various women can attest to that. I had more "boyish" looks in my 20s but now look more rugged and handsome. If you are losing your looks by your 40s i'd bet it's because you don't take care of your skin. Diet also plays a role of course: refined seed oils, alcohol, and sugar will age you rapidly. All that said, once again I'm not gonna sit here and say genetics/luck aren't involved though.
I would say genetics and good habits both contribute. My Dad is near 90. Has full head of hair, still good looking with minimal wrinkles. good body for his age. His wife is 20 years younger. He exercises daily and eats healthy. If he does any skin-care etc, I’ll never know (he’d never admit it if he did). He was a playboy chadlette when he was younger.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do people get this notion that men in their 50’s, with greying hair, baldness, less elastic skin, various skin disfigurations, more body hair, and corpselike complexion look better than in their 20’s? Lol. I’m still in great shape, mid 40’s, but no, I do not look better. Lol.
In my youth I was like Hodor, intimidatingly big but mostly fading into the background, which went well with my profession back then. I wasn't 'ugly', but I didn't turn any heads. I slept with a lot of women, but if I didn't walk up to them I never would've had so many. Not that I minded - if a girl was with me, she was with me for me, not for what I could provide her with.

Life came in the way - marriage, children, divorce - and now I'm closing in on sixty.

I don't need to blend in anymore and I dress how I like, do what I like, and have a great time with the ladies. I really don't care about the future. I'm enjoying myself while I can and I have a greater time than in my twenties. I don't need to approach, young women come up to me and want to be with me and why would I care to stop them?

When you're in your twenties, you should look young and fit, but when you're in your fifties, you don't need to look like you're in your twenties. Your vision from the quote above would certainly describe men who let themselves go, but most members over 40-50 are still attractive and in demand with women because they don't look like you describe. If you get older your appearance will change, but women who wouldn't have been interested in your young self are now drawn to your older self.

Last edited:

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your vision from the quote above would certainly describe men who let themselves go
I get your whole post. However what I mentioned happens regardless of diet and exercise. I exercise six days per week and my diet is very clean, the way I’ve mostly eaten since my late teens. I dress well and don’t leave my house looking bummy, even for errands. I think a good tip is to dress just a tad above what is expected.

Balding, losing skin tautness (I haven’t experienced this yet), greying and baldness occur even if one doesn’t let himself go.

Again, all else you said I am on board with. I actually feel freer and more confident than I ever was and likely that’s why people like my company. Even up until my late 20s I used to be a little stiff with public speaking. Now I’m fine with it.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks are part of the equation and important. But everything? Not even close.

The older you get the more important social proof/influence becomes. I can pull good looking women now much better than I did 10 years ago when I looked more youthful and had bigger muscles. The only time looks trumps it is maybe on OLD.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Is this true? I’ve felt smarter and more developed cause I worked on myself at 18 then when I got the fruits of my labor at 23 and became a degenerate and actually went backwards. I’m back on my **** again and I feel smarter and better than ever
The concept that the human brain matures at the age of 25 is rooted in neuroscience research which suggests that the brain undergoes a process of maturation and development that continues into the early to mid-20s. Specifically, the prefrontal cortex, which is involved in decision-making, impulse control, and self-regulation, is among the last areas of the brain to fully mature. This process, including the pruning of synapses and the strengthening of connections within the brain, contributes to cognitive and emotional development

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, chicks are hypergamous, so why not chickens as well? :rolleyes: