Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
persiangino said:
You are right, but so what? It's not like the ***** is gonna open up her legs just because you're super good looking (disregarding money, status, ONS, being a celebrity etc.) This dude helplessly opens up *****es and they think he's playin a joke on them. It seems the better looking the dude is, the more charasmatic he needs to be to convince the girl that he is in fact interested long term. But if we are talking about one night stands, then sure it's very easy for good looking dudes to fck s-luts.
:up:, totally correct. Largely dependant on looks, but you need a dose of personality to do much with it.

It's like being the sexiest man on Earth and you're mentally retarded and have social problems. You won't get laid.

Add a dose of personality and WHAM!

Of course, we can take marginal good looks and do the same thing. A little bit (more) personality and we can achieve the same thing.

:up:

As for a severely ugly guy...he can't win. His only hope is to find a desperate girl that is willing to sink to HIS Level to have sex with him, and that's the main point. If the girl thinks you're inferior (by looks, personality or anything), you can't win. She has to like the whole package in the end (whether this is by acting it or being real).

That should close the argument up. Improve the whole package and you got it. :up:

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a story about this with regard to looks

I just responded to an online ad and the girl was looking for CUTE guys only...so I sent a good pic and my screenname...she writes me back and she's saying i'm really cute and I see her pic and she's hot too. Ok, then she asked for another pic and I send another one....but she's not saying anything about it so I chat for a sec, then I say, "when are we gonna meet?" and she says "bye"....it's cause my pic was bad! She went from thinking I'm super cute to ugly from 1 pic to the next...that's how the online game works and I'm glad this happened.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deux - me, god of getting laid, docs, and a few others, we actualyl GET lotsa lotsa pvssy, we know what we are talking about, i dont care how many AFCs agree with UR argument - they are afcs, and their opinions dont matter
LOL

You dare to call me an AFC :rolleyes:

You're a joke. And RESPOND TO MY POINTS, weak ass homeboy
Next thing you know he's going to tell us which make-up to use.

Zero Hero: You have to run game on her. You can't just send a picture and expect her to what to meet you right away (unless you're dealing with a young, low-esteem girl). You have to be a challenge. You were NOT and that's why she left! Not because of your second picture.

I'll brake it down for you:
This thread is GUY LOGIC.
Latest news: Women are NOT guys!
Women fuuck based on their emotions.
Emotions are triggered by a man's BEHAVIOUR
Behaviour = appearance/masculinity, sexuality, confidence, charm, humor etc.

It's true that if you are EXTREMELY ugly and deformed it'll prevent you from getting women, but if you are model-handsome that doesn't guarantie getting women.
So looks do matter. But they aren't by far the most important thing.

King Frodo

Banned
Reaction score
skiptomylou is promised a life of misery with a woman with the looks on par with star jones - without the hygiene. your arguments are weak, and you lose your cool way too often. when you are calling people slurs, you lose any credibility as a real DJ, someone like pianoforte, who has said many times over that HB are checking him out whenever he walks down the street!

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
^ What if the answer is both.

Being able to deeply excite her mind, and the pleasure of looking at a sexy hunk....eh? eh?

There's stuff about this...who was it...who wrote the FR/article on deep thoughts....it was an awesome thread.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
Holland said:
LOL

You dare to call me an AFC :rolleyes:

You're a joke. And RESPOND TO MY POINTS, weak ass homeboy
Next thing you know he's going to tell us which make-up to use.

Zero Hero: You have to run game on her. You can't just send a picture and expect her to what to meet you right away (unless you're dealing with a young, low-esteem girl). You have to be a challenge. You were NOT and that's why she left! Not because of your second picture.

I'll brake it down for you:
This thread is GUY LOGIC.
Latest news: Women are NOT guys!
Women fuuck based on their emotions.
Emotions are triggered by a man's BEHAVIOUR
Behaviour = appearance/masculinity, sexuality, confidence, charm, humor etc.

It's true that if you are EXTREMELY ugly and deformed it'll prevent you from getting women, but if you are model-handsome that doesn't guarantie getting women.
So looks do matter. But they aren't by far the most important thing.

I agree with you that women **** based on emotions. No doubt about it. However, if the girl is grossed out by how u look, or if she even thinks u are "not her type" (yea they say that alot instead of saying "u dont look good enough"), then the only EMOTIONS you'll be seeing is this:

ugly guy: (says something really sauve to get her emotions going
hot girl: your really cool, but ur just not my type

OBVIOUSLY

Wolves

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why you're all even arguing about this **** anyway lol. I think Gunwitch said it best when he gave the two scales example, basically you combine your looks on a 1-10 scale and your DJ ability, personality, w/e you want to call it on another 1-10 scale, then divide by two and that's your maximum capacity.

So say a guy is a 5, but he's got a 10 on the social skill scale, his max would be 7.5.

Saying that good looking guys always have it easy isn't accurate, especially when dealing with girls who have low self esteem. I see a lot of you making the assumption that a good looking guy will be able to approach any girl and already be at a huge advantage due to physical attraction--that girls will make it EASY for any attractive guy who approaches them (they'll pick up more slack in the conversation, etc) which may be true some of the time, but definitely not all. One BIG assumption you're making here is that girls are somehow perfect at social interaction, that they know exactly what to say/do and when to say/do it, which DEFINITELY isn't true. An extremely good looking guy who walks up to either A) a girl under his level of attractiveness or B) a girl with low self esteem. I've approached HOTT girls who appear really frigid or distant at first, but then after I've built up a comfort level (which can either take a few minutes or a few meetings depending on the girl) they tell me about how nervous they were when I first started talking to them, how they didn't want to say anything stupid or sound weird, etc etc. Don't make the assumption that every hott girl is gonna be completely 100% confident and sure of herself on an approach. In this way I think average looking guys can have it easier, because the girl doesn't get as nervous, although the less attractive you are the more effort you have to put in to get a girl who's a few points above you on that 1-10 scale. Some girls yeah, they'll be entirely superficial and blow off any guy who doesn't live up to their standards, that's the way life is.

At any rate, is it possible for an ugly guy to get a hott girl? Of course it is, for reasons ranging from sincere interest in the guy's personality, many shared interests and a quality connection, to pity sex. You don't have to argue over whether its POSSIBLE, as its been proven over and over again that it certainly is, but to you guys who seem to be spouting that old saying "looks dont matter, its all about personality, bla bla", just remember it's been proven countless times over that the bigger the difference in physical attractiveness between partners the higher the chance that the relationship will fail.

So the ugly guys you see with hot girls just remember, its POSSIBLE, that doesn't mean it will last.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
No, the wart will probably need a good personality, and plenty of self-confidence.
We need to have a test canidate. Comeon Ralph, I got glue for you!!! :up:

Alright, here's some examples;
Exhibit 1: 9.0: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=AEGUKRE-YKV
Exhibit 2: 8.7: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=AEGLHZK-EMF
Exhibit 3: 7.1: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=AYBYKLK-YLU
Exhibit 4: 5.7: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=AZHZEZE-XXT
Exhibit 5: 5.5: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=AESENEA-YWB
Exhibit 6: 5.0: http://www.uglypersons.com/index.php?id=162&c=all
Exhibit 7: 4.3: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=ALSYRRN-CEK
Exhibit 8: 3.9: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=AZHQEME-AGF

Basing this on a scale where 7 = Cute, 5 = Below normal...look at the pictures. For the sake of argument, I know it's inaccurate rating sites, but you can see the difference in looks...

Figure out how much of a personality kick each of them need to attract...something like...
Exhibit 9: 9.6: http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=A8ALOZG-NKM

:up:

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
^ We're talking real non celebrity people....on HotOrNot. Be realistic here.

who said all celebrities were good looking, in fact most are ugly. I just used bloom cause he happens to be good looking.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
an ugly guy cannot CANNOT have self confidence when it comes to looks. An ugly guy walking around like hes da shyt is the same as an ugly fat cow or a woman walkin around like all the guys owe her somethin cuz shes supposedly hot.

self confidence cannot be faked, it needs to be based on something real!!! (aka success, money, looks) - but it is the self confidence derived from one's own looks that is the #1 deciding factor on how good a guy is in getting good looking girls.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks matter more than personality. Period.

The only real way to determine this is if you have a constant in the "equation".

Okay, two guys who have the exact same personality/confidence level score a date with the same chick. They both have a solid 8.0/10.0 personality. In physical attractiveness, Guy-A is a solid 5.5 while Guy-B is a shocking 8.5.

Girl goes home with Guy-B on Tuesday. After snuggling on the couch watching a movie, girl ****s Guy-B.

On Wednesday, Girl goes home with Guy-A. After snuggling on the couch watching a movie, girl goes in for a kiss and her lips touch Guy-A's greasy face and she grabs onto Guy-A's manboob to support herself. Guy-A leaves after apologizing.

Girl remember's the good **** with Guy-B and calls him over. Girl finishes watching movie with Guy-B. Girl ****s Guy-B.

The End.

Guy's who are preaching 'personality is everything'...What the hell are you thinking?

You say girls respond by emotion right? You're right...But....All the sweet-talking in the world isn't going to make most girls orgasm.

At the end of the day, the girl isn't fvcking your personality; She's fvcking you physically.

Looks matter more than personality. Period.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what you guys are saying (docs etc) I see that you guys say:
Looks = Looks(you get through DNA), appearance, masculinity, body language

In that case. I agree that looks are about 50% of your game.

But as for the Looks that I'm talking about it's about 5% at most.

Being overweight is something you can change, it's appearance, how you take care of yourself. That's a very important point when it comes to women. If you don't even respect yourself (by not taking care of your body) how can you expect her to respect you.
This has nothing to do with looks you got from your heritage.
(anyone who tells me that it's genetic and it's impossible for some people to lose weight, that's bullshiit, everyone can change!)

Last edited:

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make here, but I guess you're saying the "9.6" :)crackup:, btw) wouldn't go for a guy with a great personality unless he's very good-looking? That's a shame. Because I have a hunchback and HORRID acne...but I know that chick in the picture, and I happen to know she's got a fetish for hunchbacks. Man, I don't know what I'd do if she only dated attractive guys!
Right...lets not make yourself to more then what you really are. I call bs on you knowing her, just because it was a random chick on HotOrNot. If you really, in life know her, that's nice, but don't go about it on the Internet, because I don't care.

Secondly, that fetish is one in a million. Maybe you scored the lucky end of the stick, but really, if you had a hunchback and had holes like swiss cheese and pepperoni spots all over you, comeon now....

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Surely a guy who's ugly but with self-confidence is much more intriguing than a guy who's good-looking with self-confidence precisely because it's paradoxical?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
This actually is key in understanding the mindset of fanatical "looks matter" zealots. See, you actually thought I was serious. Besides the fact that the facts that I laid out for you were outlandish to the point that it was impossible to mistake for sincerity (at least so I thought), you inadvertantly left clues as to why you not only did not detect the sarcasm, but why you still believe that looks matter.
Not really, I'm not trying to boast/destory ego here, but some people want to say they know somebody to appear cool on the INet. So, on the offchance I was wrong, I worded it like I did.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
On a sidenote, if Skip were more respectful during this debate, I may have called for a moment of silence in honor of his long overdue Banning...
:eek: Oh no, say it isn't so!!!! I had to read this twice. How the hell could such a thing happen??!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.