Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I believe that I would be hotter than the sum of all the girls I have been with. Then again, I take what I can easily get. On top of that I'm a binge drinker, which leads to some questionable calls.

I basically agree with what cod3r is saying though.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MIKE.T said:
Also, I think guys are not very good at judging the attractiveness of other guys. I never was either. But I started to pay attention to the looks of guys that girls would talk excitedly about being "hot". Over time, I became a better judge of male attractiveness - a better judge in the sense that I could predict who girls would find hot. Yet when I compare to this other guys' opinions about these "hot" guys, a huge amount of the time their opinions would be that "he's ugly", "what a mug", that type of stuff. I don't know if they're just poor judges or they're just plain jealous. Personally, I would not trust another guy's opinion of your looks.
You are correct! men arent very good judges of attractiveness. Guys will be like "I saw an ugly guy with a hot girl, proves skip is wrong!". Well, the thing is, how do you know he was ugly? your a guy, and are not a good judge of whats ugly or good looking anyway. Taking into account the fact that womens taste varies only complicates it even more. I think mysterywoman also pointed out that she sees good looking guys with ugly girls. Ihave seen girls say this alot. "ewww, shes so ugly and skanky, whats she doing with him?" then I look over at the girl, and shes smokin hot!! THe point is, women arent good judges either, and could try to use these examples to prove that men dont care about looks in the same way guys on this board use them. But the fact that men are bad judges would discredit this in the same way a woman would use these examples to push a theory that men dont care about looks. The fact is, the girl that the girl was ugly, but to us guys, she was good looking. The guy thought the guy was ugly, but to the girl, hes hot. Im sure you guys see where Im going with this.

Something else that has been said, by Godgettinglaid, I think, is that girls' opinions of who is hot vary widely. I think they do, too, but not all that widely.
Although its true it doesnt vary like crazy. Im not saying your equally likely to be good looking to one girl as ugly to the next. All Im saying is that some women will see you as good looking if most see you as ugly. And some women will see you as ugly if most see you as good looking. And in some cases, almost all women will see you as ugly (for the real ugly mofos). Most men, but not all, have atleast a handful of women out there that will think theyre atleast cute or reasonably goodlooking. THis explains why we see alot of men being able to get reasonable good looking women despite the fact that most men are not supermodel types.
For example, I highly doubt that a 9 to one girl would be a 3 to another. Probably the ratings don't vary by more than 2 or at most 3 points. Basically, if a guy is good looking, then the only options are that some girls find him hot and others find him averag (plain), but no girls are going to find him ugly. If a guy is average, some will find him average, some (midlly to very) ugly and some (mildly) hot - but never "he gets my panties wet just looking at him" kind of hot.
Well, it depends on what the probability distribution looks like for the guys attractiveness. Although, Even if a guy is good looking, and most women find him as hot, I guarantee you, there will be some that find him fugly. THe variance isnt that small to where it wont, but its not that big either.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets face it people, skip is correct and you guys are in denial. :rock:

Your theory that looks dont matter much holds no water! :D

it fails to explain real life observations. Id call that not holding water, wouldnt you? I thought so.

Skip's theory successfully explains most if not all real life observations. Now I would call that a water holder, lol. :cheer:

When you take into account what it states:
-Women require a guy to be good looking or nothing will work, nothing except attempting rape.
-Women's tastes vary, (explaining why "ugly guys" manage to get a hot chick)
-Men are poor judges of a guys looks (explaining why many of the eyewitnesses of ugly guys with hot girls have no credibility.)

lets look at the evidence:
-we have seen guys who could be considered ugly or average with hot chicks, but women's variance in their tastes and the fact that men are poor judges account for these observations.
-What we have not seen are unambiguous, undeniable cases where the guy HAS to be seen as ugly to the girl hes banging. Cases where womens variance and mens poor judgement fail to explain. THese would be examples where theres some fatassed blob with a pizza face, big nose, big ears, hairy all over his body like a ****ing bear, short as fvck, and balding with a hot ***** where money or a calculated motive on the woman's behalf has been ruled out. These cases would give skips theory trouble. But the fact is, we have not observed these cases, so therefore skips theory correctly explains all observations. According to the theory, such cases should never exist, we dont observe them, so therefore skip has consistency my friends!

But when we look over at the "looks dont matter" theory, we should be seeing plenty of these cases. I mean, there has to be some ugly as ****, fatassed blobs with pizza faces and hairy bodies, short as ****, balding etc. undeniably ugly to anyone, but have game, and therefore would be getting chicks, becuase looks dont matter (they got game, and get chicks this way). We should be seeing some of these cases if the "looks dont matter" were true. But we dont! How is it possible for average or good looking guys to have good game, oh but ugly guys dont? Ugly guys are just as likely to have good game as a good looking one, so we should expect to see some fugly guys getting hot chicks do to their game. But we dont. THis seriously gives the "looks dont matter" theory trouble.

Also, we look at many hot women with boyfriends, pretty much all of them agree that their BF is good looking, even If us guys disagree. If you dont beleive me, I dare you to poll as many hot chicks you can who have BFs and ask them if they think there BF is good looking, THey will all say yes. If the "looks dont matter" theory were true, we would expect only a minority of these women to say yes since only a minority of guys are good looking, and the rest would say "no" since most guys are not good looking, and would have to have gotten these hot chicks using game. But since pretty much all hot chicks agree that their boyfriends are atleast cute, this really gives the "looks dont matter" theory serious trouble.

Okay, so lets look at the score here:
Observations are consistent with skips theory.
Observations fail with "looks dont matter" theory. :D

Give it up people. accept it, looks matter. women are just like men in this respect. You gotta be attractive in their eyes.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but how much of the total current attraction is purely physical, and how much is the result of emotional attachment?

Emotional attachment elevates a person's attractiveness substantially. From a purely physical perspective, most women might say a guy is plain, but the girl he's been working on for the past few weeks/months will have come to rate him higher than he originally was. The emotional attachment interferes with her assessment of his physical looks.

and the same works for guys with their respective gfs.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
...So instead of ego driven posts, how about some more supporting threads, we're all in this together guys, how a bit of brotherly spirit? :)
What a crazy concept. ;)

MIKE.T

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are we really all in it together, though? Maybe as pu artists (well, wannabe pu artists, at any rate), but not really as guys. As guys, we're competing with one another. (Maybe that's why some us advance the more elitist "looks matter, a lot" theory - if you discourage some from even trying, you narrow down the competition.)

MIKE.T

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Pfft, and you call yourself a "looks matter" guy! You're way too reasonable for that. It's almost as if the looks-matter stance of "anyone who disagrees with me is ugly" is reversed. The uglier you are, the more you want to narrow down the competition, so you try to discourage other guys from getting into the field. Interesting, I never thought about it like that.

And I'm sure you know lifting weights stunts your growth and makes you impotent, right? Everyone knows that.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
Lets face it people, skip is correct and you guys are in denial. :rock:

Your theory that looks dont matter much holds no water! :D

it fails to explain real life observations. Id call that not holding water, wouldnt you? I thought so.

Skip's theory successfully explains most if not all real life observations. Now I would call that a water holder, lol. :cheer:

When you take into account what it states:
-Women require a guy to be good looking or nothing will work, nothing except attempting rape.
-Women's tastes vary, (explaining why "ugly guys" manage to get a hot chick)
-Men are poor judges of a guys looks (explaining why many of the eyewitnesses of ugly guys with hot girls have no credibility.)

lets look at the evidence:
-we have seen guys who could be considered ugly or average with hot chicks, but women's variance in their tastes and the fact that men are poor judges account for these observations.
-What we have not seen are unambiguous, undeniable cases where the guy HAS to be seen as ugly to the girl hes banging. Cases where womens variance and mens poor judgement fail to explain. THese would be examples where theres some fatassed blob with a pizza face, big nose, big ears, hairy all over his body like a ****ing bear, short as fvck, and balding with a hot ***** where money or a calculated motive on the woman's behalf has been ruled out. These cases would give skips theory trouble. But the fact is, we have not observed these cases, so therefore skips theory correctly explains all observations. According to the theory, such cases should never exist, we dont observe them, so therefore skip has consistency my friends!

But when we look over at the "looks dont matter" theory, we should be seeing plenty of these cases. I mean, there has to be some ugly as ****, fatassed blobs with pizza faces and hairy bodies, short as ****, balding etc. undeniably ugly to anyone, but have game, and therefore would be getting chicks, becuase looks dont matter (they got game, and get chicks this way). We should be seeing some of these cases if the "looks dont matter" were true. But we dont! How is it possible for average or good looking guys to have good game, oh but ugly guys dont? Ugly guys are just as likely to have good game as a good looking one, so we should expect to see some fugly guys getting hot chicks do to their game. But we dont. THis seriously gives the "looks dont matter" theory trouble.

Also, we look at many hot women with boyfriends, pretty much all of them agree that their BF is good looking, even If us guys disagree. If you dont beleive me, I dare you to poll as many hot chicks you can who have BFs and ask them if they think there BF is good looking, THey will all say yes. If the "looks dont matter" theory were true, we would expect only a minority of these women to say yes since only a minority of guys are good looking, and the rest would say "no" since most guys are not good looking, and would have to have gotten these hot chicks using game. But since pretty much all hot chicks agree that their boyfriends are atleast cute, this really gives the "looks dont matter" theory serious trouble.

Okay, so lets look at the score here:
Observations fail with "looks dont matter" theory. :D

Give it up people. accept it, looks matter. women are just like men in this respect. You gotta be attractive in their eyes.
GOD - you have summed this up better than I ever could have.

Let me also add real quick, that in general, if you walk up to a girl, and she looks at you, and thinks you are not good looking enough for her, she will disqualify ANY chance u ever had of kissing, cuddling, sex, anything physical - its simple when u just think about it INSTEAD OF OVERANALYZING.

why the hell would YOU (lets say ur a ****in hottie of a man, a 9/10), why would YOU even give the time of day to a girl who is a 5/10 if she approached u and started "bustin game" on u (yes, girls bust game, just differently)

Same applies to girls........a girl who is a 9/10 who gets attention from the best looking man, she is USED TO great looking men around her - and seeing a guy who is a 4/10 walk up to her face will simply disgust her!!! if she is nice, she will talk to him andmaybe give him a pity #........but the fact still remains

A GIRL WILL NOT FVCK YOU OR DATE YOU UNLESS SHE FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE PHYSICALLY - THIS IS THE ONLY THING NECESSARY AND ABOVE ALL ELSE........its also obvious that if the girl thinks a guy is fcuking sexy, and then he starts talkin about how he raped an animal before, then yes, the girl who thinks hes hot will run and run fast.....but my theory does not apply to total WEIRDOS who happen to be hot.

by the way, usually weirdos are ugly anyway......its a trickle down effect, that the ugliest guys also happen to be the most depressed, weirdest, wussiest, ect ect.

my theory stands. BIBLE this shyt

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
You're right. I'm not a very good judge. This is why I ask female friends and coworkers to gauge a man's looks. This is how I know that an ugly man is with a beautiful woman. Both of your hugeass posts are based on the assumption that I'm making my own judgments. Oops?

You're crazy. Personality and confidence are number 1, which is debatable. Fame, money, and cars will also work...which is not. Do you seriously think the only unattractive/average men that get chicks are rapists? Seriously, dude? Come on, you don't really believe that.

Ugly guys are just as likely to have good game as a good looking one, so we should expect to see some fugly guys getting hot chicks do to their game. But we dont.

Really? I do. Maybe you should get out more.

I dare you to poll as many hot chicks you can who have BFs and ask them if they think there BF is good looking, THey will all say yes.

I talked to a chick on Wednesday that said her boyfriend wasn't cute. When my girlfriend said, "He's kinda cute.", she said "No. Not really." There goes that.

Sure, maybe in his 'hood where looks matter. It's different here in California, and until both of you come out here...I'm the only one qualified to make judgements based on observations. And, there goes that.

Yeah, because all the PUA's are just so ridiculously good-looking. :crackup:

you make is sound like where u live is VERY materialistic aka its all about the $$ $$ $$ $$ $$..........trust me, ud rather have a girl fvck u cuz she thinks u are hot as opposed to a girl fvckign u because she digs ur gold.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
Every single girl that I have had sex with had 1 thing in common - they all at some point, whether b4 or after sex, gave me 1 or more keywords that signified that they thought i was VERY good looking to them (aka hot, sexy, handsome, gorgeous, really cute)..........oh, but guess what happened when i went on dates with girls who never told me im good looking?? NOTHING.

I had the same attitude on dozens of dates where i didnt get laid as the attitude i had with girls i DID fvck........and the KEY difference was, the girls that didnt end up liking me were the ones who DID NOT LIKE HOW I LOOKED

theres ur real life example to back up my theory further.....i mean this shyt actualyl happened to me! so im not talkin outta my ass here, im talkin from my own experience

qick summary:

Girls that thought I was good looking, i fvcked/dated
Girls that thought I was not good looking, no 2nd date, no kiss, no nothin
Girls that thought I was good looking ranged from hb4 - hb9.5
Girls that thought I was not good looking ranged from 2-10 (i actually had an ugly girl NOT like me)

same personality with everyone........so, looks arent THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING you say???

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't say looks are the most important thing, you repeatedly claim that looks are ALL that matter.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
You don't say looks are the most important thing, you repeatedly claim that looks are ALL that matter.

yes, in the sense that if u have exceptional looks and NOTHING else, u will get all the pvssy u want

newsflash, a girl wants to be fvcked by a hot guy who turns her on.
Girls will not get turned on by ugliness, just as you wouldnt get turned on by a whale of a chick either. Anyway, read my above post, I think i summed everything up perfectly in that one

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
Every single girl that I have had sex with had 1 thing in common
Whats that the fact the were imaginary?

Sorry too easy to pass up

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow this thread is still going, you guyz are retarded...WHY? Because the reason of your argument is sucha DUH! thing.

DUH looks matter, whoever is arguing against that just stop and think logical its ok if your not good looking and due to that fact your gonna go in the corner and cut yourself becuase supposdly youll never get laid...--Which is BS--.

Look if your not born good looking that's no problem. Like many posts and ppl have said before you can always improve what you have. And become sexualy/physiclly attractive to a girl.

Become HANDSOME...it aint that hard...for example workout/ get a good sense of style/ smell good/ be well groomed/ take care of yourself/ know how to act....IM 100% sure any girl who sees a handsome guy will give him a shot.

So stop b!tching about what ever you guys keep posting over and over and over again. You keep saying the same sh!t in different ways.

As for Mike T....i feel sorry for your pathetic life that you envy all your "middle eastern friends" because while they're off talking about the success they have and the girls they boink...your on this site making little girly racist remarks about us persians :crackup: get a life bro, stop acting all smart and using stupid sh!t excuses to make yourself feel better.

Now plz be my guest and write a fvcking essay about me, including all your lame a$s comebacks. In fact i now feel even more sorry for you, becuase this whole thing started by you thinking i was "bragging" where everyone who knows me well on this forum knows my joke to skip was a tease and me bragging was a joke. Its ok though, some ppl are hella desprate for friends...so why not make them on a sauve board :crackup: douche

When it comes down to the end its Me > You.

:rock:

/

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On top of that I'm a binge drinker, which leads to some questionable calls.
Am i the only person that found this funny... lol

-COd3r

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
GOD - you have summed this up better than I ever could have.

by the way, usually weirdos are ugly anyway......its a trickle down effect, that the ugliest guys also happen to be the most depressed, weirdest, wussiest, ect ect.

You are really an idiot you know that? In fact The Best looking people i know are lonely depressed individuals. So many models are recovering fckheads and cokeheads due to severe mental disorders. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. You and skip are overhyping this topic so you can prove yourselves goodlooking in your fckedup heads.

In reality, and anyone with any understanding of beauty would agree, that the pic skip put up (and then took down the same day) showed a pale, skinny white kid with a reasonable fashion sense and nice haircut. Seriously kid, noone could even see your face cause you had sunglasses on. Am i supposed to judge your style? That makes you pretty and beautiful? And i have a very hard time believing you fcked a 9.5. Maybe she was a 9.5 to you but in the real world she'd be no more then a 5. A 9.5 would be equivalent to MODEL material. you certainly did not fck no MODEL, you delusional idiot.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cod3r said:
Am i the only person that found this funny... lol

-COd3r
Sh1t, dude. There have been a few mornings where I woke up not sure who's house I was in. Needless to say, the broads next to me were...let's just say I got the hell out of there.

Then again, it is our right as men to get blackout drunk off tequila and go out hoggin'. Live a little, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.