Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Looking for some advice please

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
So I used to flirt with this girl all the time and it was awesome she always seemed so into me and I had a huge crush on her too. But, I had a girlfriend at the time, so wasn’t a possibility. After I’d broke up with my now ex, I was going through some hard times in life. And I went on a date with the girl. Didn’t go well because I was super stressed.

Anyway, after the failed date I asked her again if she’d like to go out and she said yes. Then I tried to make plans but she wouldn’t commit to anything solid, then kinda phased me out. (Took longer and longer to respond so I did the same).

Stopped messaging her about 6-12 months ago. I’m in a much better place now and would like to give it another shot. Would like to know if anyone has advice for me to maximize my likelihood of getting another date??
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
I've found that most girls who write you off will not try again. Especially if they have plenty of options. You're much better off putting your energy into meeting new girls you have made no mistakes with. It seems you are already putting this girl on a bit of a pedestal so that's likely not going to work out well. Plenty of other girls out there. Focusing on maximizing response for one particular girl already puts you in the wrong frame because all you can do is hit a girl up and see if she wants to meet up with you. Either she does or she doesn't. It's not a man's job to present things in a certain way in order to get the best chance of success... That's like PUA tactics. She's either interested or she isn't.

But if you really must try, in terms of messaging a girl with something that will grab her attention, I would suggest the "let me guess" tactic, where you make up a ridiculous fake story phrased as a question about what's happened to her in the past months, or send her a pic of you doing something fun/interesting combined with a question as to what she's up to. I've had success with both of those.
 
Last edited:

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
First off how old are you? How old is she?
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
That's tough to come back from if you don't see her on a regular basis, contacting her over the phone isn't likely to work because she can ignore you. If you know places she frequents I would try to make a "chance encounter" happen so you can talk to her face to face and she can see that you're different. In a sense it's good that you haven't talked in a long time, but you better be a much better version of yourself to have a shot at her writing you back into her life.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
6-12 months is a long time unless you guys still maintain some form of contact through mutual friends, work/school. If so, then you have a higher probability of making something happen. But if not, then your chances are slim to none. She probably has a boyfriend by now since she's in that peak age range where guys are throwing themselves at her.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Simple. Reach out to her, then prompt a date idea in the second message. If she’s interested, she will be favourable to your idea. If she’s not interested, you’ll know.

Don’t over complicate or overthink this one. And don’t go thinking she’s made out of gold.
 

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
So I used to flirt with this girl all the time and it was awesome she always seemed so into me and I had a huge crush on her too. But, I had a girlfriend at the time, so wasn’t a possibility. After I’d broke up with my now ex, I was going through some hard times in life. And I went on a date with the girl. Didn’t go well because I was super stressed.

Anyway, after the failed date I asked her again if she’d like to go out and she said yes. Then I tried to make plans but she wouldn’t commit to anything solid, then kinda phased me out. (Took longer and longer to respond so I did the same).

Stopped messaging her about 6-12 months ago. I’m in a much better place now and would like to give it another shot. Would like to know if anyone has advice for me to maximize my likelihood of getting another date??
Just call her and ask her out.. this is simple.
 
Top