"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Long Distance Relationships

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Tennessee
Any advice here would be helpful. Here's my situation. About 8 or 9 months ago I moved from Tennessee to Texas. Right before I moved I met a girl who we will call Mixie. We hit it off and got along well, but never really had any kind of relationship because I knew I was leaving. Well, about a week ago I went to go visit my friends back home. When I got to town I ran into Mixie. We went out on a date and ended up having quite a bit of "fun". Here's the issue. In 9 months I'm moving permanently back into my old town and Mixie knows this. She's always talking to me online telling me about how she can't wait till I get back so she can see me and we can be together. She even told one of her friends that she wanted to move in with me. Here is my concern: should I really be communicating with her frequently while I'm this far away? I don't want to fall into the dreaded friends zone before I even get back. Is there any way I can stay in contact with her so that she doesn't forget I exist, yet keep from becoming one of those "really nice guys"?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Tennessee
Really? Every couple of days? That seems a bit overly frequent to me...
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Your going back in 9 months? Call her maybe every couple weeks, keep it short-ish and fun on the phone. Don't answer her emails immediately. Keep it a bit of a mystery, and when you get back, hook up.
 

Broadband

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2002
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Portland, Oregon
When you do talk to her tell her some things you've been doing even if it isn't true, but leave out details. Always have a good story that involves a women who was flirting with you or atleast couldn't keep her eyes off you from a distance. She'll get green eyes and want you even more.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top