"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Long distance gf

Johnsmith8899

Banned
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
13
Age
38
So I’m talking to this chick who I’m dating long distance in a “committed relationship” as she claims. She wants to come see me again for a 3rd time and eventually move to me. She was out the other night(while I was also out) and was texting me non stop(sexting heavily) and said she was going to go home and smoke a joint. My gut told me that bc she’s super wet from sexting she was going to cheat... so I called her at 1am like an hour after she said she was going home. Then predictably she didn’t answer and called me back an hour later at 2am. I send that call to voicemail, next day she told me she missed my call bc she was “outside smoking”. She wants to use my flight miles to come see me in October but I’m thinking she’s taking side **** and not worth my time. Didn’t want to appear insecure by confronting her about it.. she ALWAYS has her phone on her and all of a sudden at 1am she smokes a joint solo outside. Not sure if she’s testing me , or whatever. She’s all lovey doves with me and can’t wait to see me, but at this point I think I might ghost her bc I think it would be a beta move to continue on..thoughts ?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Why would you even consider this? Are you really that desperate?
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
Long distance and a smoker. No thanks.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
She’s the one traveling thousands of miles to chase me.. but I’m just weighing my options
No...she is not in love with you. She is in love with the idea of having someone in a foreign country far away that she can brag to her friends about visiting. She is in love with the fantasy notion of how this will all play out in her head.

If she were to move there the fantasy notion would be gone and you would become part of her real world. Right now you are part of her storybook world of dragons and knights in shining armor in far away lands. Once that storybook world becomes reality it quickly becomes less appealing and things typically end within a few months.

Is there a chance this might not be the case and she really, really likes you and would want to be your girlfriend and move there with you? Sure. Percentage wise I'd say somewhere around 3%. In short, she isnt in love with you per se, just the notion of how you exist in her fantasy world right now.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
No...she is not in love with you. She is in love with the idea of having someone in a foreign country far away that she can brag to her friends about visiting. She is in love with the fantasy notion of how this will all play out in her head.

If she were to move there the fantasy notion would be gone and you would become part of her real world. Right now you are part of her storybook world of dragons and knights in shining armor in far away lands. Once that storybook world becomes reality it quickly becomes less appealing and things typically end within a few months.

Is there a chance this might not be the case and she really, really likes you and would want to be your girlfriend and move there with you? Sure. Percentage wise I'd say somewhere around 3%. In short, she isnt in love with you per se, just the notion of how you exist in her fantasy world right now.
So play on their fantasies?
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Play on her fantasies for what benefit to him? It's a waste of emotional investment and time.
Well no. He should have a life and women. A ldr shouldnt be our focus. Shes just a side thing he feeds her fantasy of adventure and hot sex. Give hrr something to talk about.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Wow, it amazes me that you can get a woman wet and, instead of busting out her vibrator to satisfy herself, you think she's going to find rando d1ck
 

Soflobro#3

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
722
Reaction score
263
Age
31
Wow, it amazes me that you can get a woman wet and, instead of busting out her vibrator to satisfy herself, you think she's going to find rando d1ck
Tbh if you're making her wet over the phone that means she's probably not out hey d1ck or dating. Especially if she talks to you every day and is into you and emotionally attached.

Some women don't really date a lot and don't sleep around. They'll go through chosen dry spells and be a serial monogamist. Pretty sure my ex Chinese was like this and I'm sure my last ex isnt seeing anyone, I know her well and she'll just choose to be alone for years, I think this is not normal.
 

Johnsmith8899

Banned
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
13
Age
38
@marmel75 your so spot on with this stuff.

So she ended up coming to Florida for 4-5 days told me how much she’s into me yada ya. So I actually woke up during one of the nights and was like **** it I’ll check her phone to see if you all are right. Even with her high level of interest and intent to move down she still was hittin up dudes. She even hooked up with a guy on my birthday weeekend. After finding this all out I told her about it and said that she will be needing to pack her things and this is over. I’m at work, she’s at my house. She pleaded, begged and cried to keep me but still didn’t admit to her faults - even with clear evidence. She is begging me to go to Canada and meet her family and swears up and down I’m the only one.

What should I do here ? Is it ok she’s sleeping with others while I’m not around in a DJ eyes ? I don’t believe what I’m doing is insecure and it’s more so justified (thoughts?) how should I react ?

should I drop her off at the airport with the peace sign?

Very difficult situation , heart wrenching. but I saw it coming.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
@marmel75 your so spot on with this stuff.

So she ended up coming to Florida for 4-5 days told me how much she’s into me yada ya. So I actually woke up during one of the nights and was like **** it I’ll check her phone to see if you all are right. Even with her high level of interest and intent to move down she still was hittin up dudes. She even hooked up with a guy on my birthday weeekend. After finding this all out I told her about it and said that she will be needing to pack her things and this is over. I’m at work, she’s at my house. She pleaded, begged and cried to keep me but still didn’t admit to her faults - even with clear evidence. She is begging me to go to Canada and meet her family and swears up and down I’m the only one.

What should I do here ? Is it ok she’s sleeping with others while I’m not around in a DJ eyes ? I don’t believe what I’m doing is insecure and it’s more so justified (thoughts?) how should I react ?

should I drop her off at the airport with the peace sign?

Very difficult situation , heart wrenching. but I saw it coming.
If you arent there to take care of her physically someone else will be. Its nobody's "fault" thats just life. Do what you want. This stuff is always going to happen when there is that much distance between you. I would just keep her around for some hot out of town pvssy that comes to visit every once in a while ans just spend all weekend fvcking but that's just me.
 
Last edited:

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Chi Town

Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
661
Reaction score
694
Age
33
Keep her around for some out of town *****, meantime, find a gf that lives in your area
 

Johnsmith8899

Banned
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
13
Age
38
@marmel75 ya what’s ****ed up about it is that she complains if she text me one day then I don’t respond or the fact that I told her it’s ok we have an open relationship if we both agree to it. She was so against it. So basically she wants to keeep me committed while she ****s around. Very ****ed up
 

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
Some real old threads being rehashed at the moment
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
@marmel75 ya what’s ****ed up about it is that she complains if she text me one day then I don’t respond or the fact that I told her it’s ok we have an open relationship if we both agree to it. She was so against it. So basically she wants to keeep me committed while she ****s around. Very ****ed up
Just tell her thats completely unrealistic and you are not agreeing to it. Under no circumstances ahould you agree to that.
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Wow, it amazes me that you can get a woman wet and, instead of busting out her vibrator to satisfy herself, you think she's going to find rando d1ck
^ advice from female

>>>

So she ended up coming to Florida for 4-5 days told me how much she’s into me yada ya. So I actually woke up during one of the nights and was like **** it I’ll check her phone to see if you all are right. Even with her high level of interest and intent to move down she still was hittin up dudes. She even hooked up with a guy on my birthday weeekend.
lol. No further comment.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top