Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Live-in GF watches too much television

Harvey_Poon

Don Juan
Reaction score
What some guys will go through just to say they have a girlfriend.

To answer your user id question, the answer is yes.

AmIAFC said:
My girlfriend of 2 years moved in with me recently and has always been memorized by my big-screen television set, always mentioning that it dwarfs the one that she owns.
This is you own fault. You should never invite/allow a woman to live or move in with you. Seems like she is more interested in your Big Screen TV than you. This woman is an user and a moocher who is taking advantage of you.

AmIAFC said:
Off the bat, she tells me she only watches two shows - both of them crap - and I gave her those timeslots to watch them while I got other things done.
Look here. As soon as she moves in, she is taking over your TV watching what she wants. You give in and let her watch the shows, but as an user and a moocher, she will want more out of you.

AmIAFC said:
Months go by and she's developed an interest in other equally dubious programs. Two shows become four, four turned to six, and right now it's at seven.
See what I mean here? These lazy moochers are never satisfied with what they have. They always want more out of you. They will take as much as they can get out of you, for as long as they can. This is your place and your Big Screen TV. Why are you allowing her to take over your TV?

This is you own fault. You should never invite/allow a woman to live or move in with you. It is a disaster waiting to happen. A man's home is his castle, and it should be treated as such. Once you have a woman in your castle, she will try to take over your throne. When you give up your throne, she will take it over, and run it her way. Just like she is doing with the big screen TV. It starts off small, and will progress to bigger things. The things that you used to do, becomes a shared responsibility because she is there with you, expecting more things or an equal share. She will try to get as much as she can out of you until an argument starts.

This is your castle, and you should run it the way you see fit. You invited/allowed her to move in, so this is your fault, because YOU caused the problem. Do you think that she is going to watch good programming? Of course she is going to watch crap, and you get to watch the crap because you invited her to live with you. That is your own fault.

The shows that she is watching is nothing but a waste of time. People generally watch things that represent them: Political people watch politics, athletic sports minded people watch sports, religious people watch religion, and lazy moochers with nothing better to do watch garbage reality tv.

Is this chick worth living in your castle? I don't think so, but that is your call. I would never allow a woman to come in and take it over like she did to you. She is taking over your TV now, that is just the beginning of your troubles. Blocking the stations and allowing her to watch TV all day in the bedroom will cause more problems for obvious reasons. So, number one would be your obvious logical choice.

Next time don't allow a woman to move into your castle, take over your throne, and your big screen TV.

May your days be filled with much greatness and plenty of poon.

Dr Harvey Poon

ThunderMaverick said:
How old is she?
What does she do for a living?
Does she have any career goals?
Does she go to school?
Does she work all day and TV is a way for her to wind down after a stressful day?
What did she use to do before watching all of that TV?

Let's say she watches TV all day. Let's say the OP forgets to tell us that maybe she got sick or injured, a friend died, she works all day at a toll booth and is dead tired when she gets home, etc. THAT would be something that should be talked about, acted at overtly, etc.
This is the type of guy (above) that will allow a woman to take advantage of him. Look at how he comes up with all these scenarios to make excuses for her problematic behavior. So what if she worked hard all day? What about this man who put in a hard days work? Isn't he entitled to watch the shows he wants to on his own Big Screen TV that he paid for? He invited her to live with him, she should be grateful she has a place to live and a Big Screen TV to watch a show or two. But no, as a moocher, she wants more and more, so the shows she watches increase, while he doesn't get to watch his own TV. She can wind down from work or cope with her problems doing other things instead of hogging this man's TV. If you would have read his post, you would see that when he allowed her to move in, that this is when the problem started, she watched two shows, then it increased to 7 after. You don't need to analyze her behavior or dig deep to know that she is a moocher and an user who wants to take over his joint to sit on her butt to watch crappy tv.

ThunderMaverick said:
If he didn't want to be in the relationship he would have dumped her by now.
This is not true. Men that are weak and are afraid of losing their only option will stay in a relationship, even if they are miserable. They stay because they like the comfort of having a woman around and can say that they are getting laid. A lot of men allow women to move in with them just to say they are getting laid all the time. The women that move in are usually lazy moochers who take advantage of them and they end up running the show, while the weak man compromises and gives up his throne to a lazy slob. A classic case of that right here. This is what happened to this man.

ThunderMaverick said:
You could be right. IamAFC, what does she do for a living? How did she behave 2 years prior? What factors do you think could have possibly changed her behavior.
I could be right? No, I am right. Your little commentary below was fun to read, but you are grasping at straws here and avoiding the problem at hand. The fact is, her behavior 2 years prior doesn't matter. She wasn't living with him then, she is living with him now. He didn't have her as a problem when she wasn't living with him. That is why you shouldn't let women move in, just for this reason alone. Problems you never had before, soon becomes your problem. She was mooching where she lived before, she has him to mooch off of now. All you need to know is that a woman who sits around all day watching crappy reality tv isn't being productive or adding any value to the relationship. She is secure enough to take over his place doing what she wants. You never really know a person until you start living with them. Yes, ThunderMaverick you are excusing her behavior because you can't see the problem staring him right in the face. It doesn't take much to see what she is doing. Why can't you see that?

Last edited:

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
AMIAFC,

The low quality/high quality woman question aside, do you mind sharing what made you decide to invite her to come live with you in the first place?
Stop! You're asking too many questions! That's ignorant :p

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is classic "woman getting really fvcking fat" behaviour.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harvey_Poon said:
This is you own fault. You should never invite/allow a woman to live or move in with you. Seems like she is more interested in your Big Screen TV than you. This woman is an user and a moocher who is taking advantage of you.
Yes, she was with him for 2 years waiting for the moment where he finally got that big screen TV to watch her stupid shows. That's why she stayed with him. That kind of mentality is on par with a supervillan. Ingenious, that one is. *jerk off motion*

Look here. As soon as she moves in, she is taking over your TV watching what she wants. You give in and let her watch the shows, but as an user and a moocher, she will want more out of you.
How do you know she's a moocher? All you know is that she watches TV on his big screen all day. He didn't mention the fact that she's draining up all of his resources (bank account, food, going out, etc) If this is the case then he has a whole new problem that needs to be addressed. Again, you're offering a cure to a disease you don't know the symptom to. It's important to know WHY.

Let me use an example of how dumb not knowing enough can lead be:

All women are capable of cheating, no? Given the right provisions, how she feels about you, etc. Let's say you get cheated on. By yours and Die Hard's logic, "she's just a mooching cheating c*nt. Girls cheat because that's what they do, bla bla bla" Everyone agrees with you and you ride of into the sunset, confident that all women are cheating *****s. Congratulations. You've learned nothing.

This takes away from any kind of personal responsibility that YOU had in the relationship. Let's say we don't know that much about why she cheated on you. All you tell us is that she sucks, but you never mention the fact that you were controlling and insecure. You never mention that one time you yelled at her over the phone in front of her friends that you wanted her to be home 30 minutes ago. There's another factor into why she could have possibly strayed. We're finally getting somewhere.

Now you share the latter scenario with the group. That changes the frame of the story, and the advice you're given, doesn't it? In relationships, (if you ever been in one) is never one sided. There is a cause and reaction to everything you do that affects where the relationship goes, how she feels about you, how she respects you, etc.

You and Die Hard seem to be assuming that I'm excusing her behavior. I'm not. I think her doing that is bullsh!t, but I also simply want to know what led up to it. I want to know WHY.

You'd be stupid to say "duuuur...she just changed...cuz datz whut dah womenz n' b!tchezz duu. i've seen rap videos. dey all da sameee" A woman doesn't just "change" when she's with a guy who has his sh!t together. There are reasons. No one in this thread knows why.

See what I mean here? These lazy moochers are never satisfied with what they have. They always want more out of you. They will take as much as they can get out of you, for as long as they can. This is your place and your Big Screen TV. Why are you allowing her to take over your TV?
You could be right. IamAFC, what does she do for a living? How did she behave 2 years prior? What factors do you think could have possibly changed her behavior.

This is the type of guy (above) that will allow a woman to take advantage of him. Look at how he comes up with all these scenarios to make excuses for her problematic behavior. So what if she worked hard all day? What about this man who put in a hard days work? Isn't he entitled to watch the shows he wants to on his own Big Screen TV that he paid for? He invited her to live with him, she should be grateful she has a place to live and a Big Screen TV to watch a show or two. But no, as a moocher, she wants more and more, so the shows she watches increase, while he doesn't get to watch his own TV. She can wind down from work or cope with her problems doing other things instead of hogging this man's TV. If you would have read his post, you would see that when he allowed her to move in, that this is when the problem started, she watched two shows, then it increased to 7 after. You don't need to analyze her behavior or dig deep to know that she is a moocher and an user who wants to take over his joint to sit on her butt to watch crappy tv.
hahaha. Prove where i said her behavior is acceptable and not grounds for termination. Look at you, trying to be all hard "ALPHUH" and knowledgeable with your redundant bloated paragraphs.

Psst, your insecurities are sticking out. :p

This is not true. Men that are weak and are afraid of losing their only option will stay in a relationship, even if they are miserable. They stay because they like the comfort of having a woman around and can say that they are getting laid. A lot of men allow women to move in with them just to say they are getting laid all the time. The women that move in are usually lazy moochers who take advantage of them and they end up running the show, while the weak man compromises and gives up his throne to a lazy slob. A classic case of that right here. This is what happened to this man.
I agree to a point. We don't know if he's with this woman because he doesn't feel like he could do better. But AGAIN, I'd like to know more.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
Jesus Christ, you guys. Slow down for a second. Everyone is quick to help cure a symptom they don't know the cause of. Let's ask some questions, so AmIAFC can get the best sound responses (although Backy B. had some great solutions, I think. Bible had some good points as well)

How old is she?
What does she do for a living?
Does she have any career goals?
Does she go to school?
Does she work all day and TV is a way for her to wind down after a stressful day?
What did she use to do before watching all of that TV?
Sorry for returning so late with my response. I've been inundated with work and meetings. Ok, off we go...

How old is she? Early 30s
What does she do for a living? She's in finance, works at an IT company.
Does she have any career goals? Marketing, advertising, media, etc.
Does she go to school? Not currently. She graduated with bachelors in economics.
Does she work all day and TV is a way for her to wind down after a stressful day? She works a normal 9-5 schedule.
What did she use to do before watching all of that TV? Goes out for walks, biking, happy hour.

Victory Unlimited said:
AMIAFC,

The low quality/high quality woman question aside, do you mind sharing what made you decide to invite her to come live with you in the first place?
Been seeing each other for 2 years, so I suppose we both felt it would have been more financially sound to consolidate our living expenses, plus since we were serious at the time, it made sense to see if we could tolerate each other's presence for longer durations if we ever happened to evolve the relationship further.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You live together now, so the relationship is going through another test: Complacency. She's in a state of comfort because there's nothing to fight for anymore. She has you and knows you're not going to stray anytime soon. You live together so she feels locked in. Security is one of the biggest factors a girl wants in a relationship. If they have too much of it they become lazy.

She's not a horrible person because of it. That's what girls do. Hell, that's what guys do too. When a dude is too comfortable and a girl all of a sudden says "we need to talk" he has no idea what happened. He never saw it coming because he was ignorant . You had enough sense to see a problem and that's why you came here. Good on you.

I think Backbreaker's advice on what to do is perfect for this scenario. You really should read more of Rollo's post on "competition anxiety " also.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Took my satellite dish down to paint that part of the house last summer and never hooked it back up. One of the best things I've ever done.

Seriously OP, just go out. Get out of the house and enjoy your life while she's watching her sh!t. Don't bother with the analysis of it all, don't argue, dont stress, just go have fun. Don't tell her where your going, who you are with, and don't call to check in. Maybe just go out directly after work. Dont even bother going home first. Stay out late and come home happy and exhausted.

She'll ask where you were and feel free to exaggerate about how great of a time you had. If she asks why you didn't invite her tell her you thought she was busy cuz ________show was on and you didn't want to interrupt.

If she doesn't change or get the hint after a couple of days then you know the relationship isn't worth pursuing anyways.

I think while you are out enjoying yourself your head will clear and you will feel a lot better.

Harvey_Poon

Don Juan
Reaction score
AmIAFC said:
Been seeing each other for 2 years, so I suppose we both felt it would have been more financially sound to consolidate our living expenses, plus since we were serious at the time, it made sense to see if we could tolerate each other's presence for longer durations if we ever happened to evolve the relationship further.

Ok OP, nobody has given you any solid advice, except for empty solutions. So this is what you need to do. You had her move in to consolidate your expenses and to see if you were able to move to the next step of your relationship. You can see how that is working out, not very good, because you have a problem, and you're bringing it to the forum for help. You're talking in the past tense, which is not very good. You use "would have", "we were serious", "we could", "if" to describe this situation. Doesn't sound like it's working out that well, we know it, and you know it.

You need to decide first, if this woman is worth having a long future with. We can't decide that for you, only you can do that. If she is not worth it, then there is no need to have her living with you at your place. All she is doing is invading your place and using up your TV, while you are putting up with it. So, if you don't see a future with her, then she should go, while you focus on meeting somebody else.

Having her move to another room to watch TV, or you leaving when she is watching it all night, is not solving the the problem. There is no cure for the remedy. If she is detaching more from the relationship, which is what it looks like, then you leaving will make it even worse. She won't care what you are doing, as long as she has her shows to watch.

The first step you need to take is, to decide if this woman is worth living at your place. If she is, the second step is that you need to limit her TV watching. TV is like a drug of for, so you need to ween her off of it. Start watching programs with her that you can both watch, instead of just her watching what she wants. Then you need to decrease the TV time, and start doing things as a couple besides watching TV. Going out and doing things together will help you both out. This will strengthen your relationship, and she won't be sitting down glued to crappy TV. You must have done things together before she started watching this stuff, so you need to start doing that again. If not, then this relationship is not worth it.

Now, if she objects to any of this then, you know this woman isn't worth it. She is just using your TV to watch her crap and she has no involvement in the relationship. That is when you show her the door.

Trying to leave your place won't solve anything because she addicted to the TV. You need to solve the problem at hand, which is the TV, getting her to watch less of it, while putting an effort in the relationship, making you part of it. If she can't do that, then there is no point to this relationship.

ThunderMaverick said:
Yes, she was with him for 2 years waiting for the moment where he finally got that big screen TV to watch her stupid shows. That's why she stayed with him. That kind of mentality is on par with a supervillan. Ingenious, that one is. *jerk off motion*

If you read his original post, and could actually understand it, you would know that they were together before they moved in. The Big Screen TV was the problem after she moved in. He never had this problem until she moved in. That is why your questions of her behavior 2 years prior is useless. There was never a TV to fight about. Your ignorance really shows here.

ThunderMaverick said:
You live together now, so the relationship is going through another test: Complacency. She's in a state of comfort because there's nothing to fight for anymore. She has you and knows you're not going to stray anytime soon. You live together so she feels locked in. Security is one of the biggest factors a girl wants in a relationship. If they have too much of it they become lazy.

She's not a horrible person because of it. That's what girls do. Hell, that's what guys do too. When a dude is too comfortable and a girl all of a sudden says "we need to talk" he has no idea what happened. He never saw it coming because he was ignorant . You had enough sense to see a problem and that's why you came here. Good on you.
She's a woman who isn't relationship material, and you and the OP fail to see that. No, that is not what girls do. If she respected him, and if the relationship was strong, she would want to be spending time with him, instead watching TV all night. She doesn't care about his needs, she only cares about her needs. She has been detaching from this relationship since she moved in, and it is getting worse. She is just comfortable living there using his TV without any care for him. That is what users and moochers do. That is why giving her own TV, or leaving while she is watching it, doesn't change a thing, in fact it makes it worse.

ThunderMaverick said:
I think Backbreaker's advice on what to do is perfect for this scenario. You really should read more of Rollo's post on "competition anxiety " also.
Why do you think that this is perfect advice for this scenario? It doesn't accomplish anything or offer a solution to this man's problem. It doesn't even put a band aid over the problem. This is terrible advice.

So, he goes out and does other things, while she sits on his couch watching his Big Screen TV all night. You think this is perfect advice? Are you serious?

He has already done this before after she moved in with him. What has happened with this advice? It hasn't done anything to help his situation, in fact It has gotten worse.

Let's look at this advice that you think is perfect: He allows her to get her way by watching crappy reality TV all night, while this man feels like a stranger in his own place by having to leave. She is perfectly happy being lazy not caring about what he is doing, while she detaches even more from the relationship. She will then just be content living there watching his TV with no purpose of a relationship. That is like a loveless marriage while the wife hides in another room from the husband going through the motions.

With this advice, she is still watching his TV, while he doesn't get to watch the TV. How is this any different than what is happening now? She is still getting what she wants, while he goes without. The relationship becomes more stale, because she has no involvement with him. So, has to leave his place just to appease his girlfriend, because he is afraid to offer up any real solution. This how a timid and weak man behaves, he allows his girlfriend to do what she wants, because he is afraid to do anything about it, because he is afraid of upsetting her. You condone this behavior ThunderMaverick, because this is how you behave as well. In fact, you think this is perfect advice. I was right about you, because you would allow a woman to take advantage of you. Yeah, really great advice here.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple solution: Next time you come home from a hard days work: sit down on the couch, grab the remote and change the channel to something you want to watch. Hopefully it involves two lesbians eating out each others boxes. When she shrieks in horror about the whole situation, tell her to go get her own remote with her own TV that she paid for and she can watch whatever she wants. And then when she starts foaming at the mouth with smoke coming out of her ears tell her to..... get the **** out of your place.

Last edited:

MikeOck

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomorrow, before she even gets a chance to sit down in front of the tv, grab her by the hand and say, "Come on, we're going for a walk!". The day after that, say, "Come on, we're going to happy hour!". The day after that, say, "Change your clothes, we're going for a bike ride!". The day after that, say, "Put on some sexy lingerie, I'm going to f#ck you all night long!".

If she can't find anything better to do than watch "reality" television, give her something better to do. Or find a new woman. Or sit back and watch her get fat and stupid.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AmIAFC said:
How old is she? Early 30s

What did she use to do before watching all of that TV? Goes out for walks, biking, happy hour.
You're sh1tting us. You took in a used-up bar skank?

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Down Low said:
You're sh1tting us. You took in a used-up bar skank?
Is there something wrong with women OCCASIONALLY going to happy hour with other co-workers for 1-2 hours after work? She's not lurking in some remote smoke-infested dive bar at dusk, with tatted up ex-cons and registered sex offenders buying her drinks. Jesus.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find this thread kind of interesting, because when I grew up my family always had the TV on - as background noise, sort of like how some people always have the radio on. I find I have still kept this habit up. When my girlfriend moved in with me, I think it was a minor adjustment for her to get used to it. In fact, the TV is on right now as I type this, although I am not paying any attention to it.

It kind of sounds like the OP is annoyed by the noise of the TV being on, is that a big part of it?

I'm a little surprised at the venom directed toward this women. Omigosh, she watches TV, what a horrible low class woman lol. Just out of curiousity, if the issue is all the time she's wasting, what is it you want her to be doing instead, cleaning the house? Running the treadmill to keep herself from gaining weight? Working toward world peace or trying to find the cure to cancer? At least she's not out screwing the neighbor guy.

One other thing, you say she watches seven TV shows now. Are these shows that are on once a week (like a network series), or every day (like a soap opera)? Could make a lot of difference.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Harvey_Poon said:
The first step you need to take is, to decide if this woman is worth living at your place. If she is, the second step is that you need to limit her TV watching. TV is like a drug of for, so you need to ween her off of it. Start watching programs with her that you can both watch, instead of just her watching what she wants. Then you need to decrease the TV time, and start doing things as a couple besides watching TV. Going out and doing things together will help you both out. This will strengthen your relationship, and she won't be sitting down glued to crappy TV. You must have done things together before she started watching this stuff, so you need to start doing that again. If not, then this relationship is not worth it.
I think she is worth it, to be honest. Not worth having to endure this issue but worth it for me to give it a try to fix it.

She does a lot for me and for the place. She cooks, cleans, and buys all the groceries, which is a big plus. I hate the fact that I've presented her as some useless TV-devouring monster, which is far from what she is. She just has a problem that I want to see go away, but in no way does that problem summarize her as an individual.

I'm going to follow your advice and try to ween her off the television. First by telling her not to watch her shows on the big screen any more (especially since I need my quiet time to focus on my writing), then by disabling the shows on the service.

I'll keep extra attention on her reaction and simply make any further decision based on her response to these actions.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend of 2 years moved in with me recently
Ah, that's your problem right there...
WHY IS SHE LIVING WITH YOU?

She can cook and clean and suck your cawk without living there. Do you have the balls to make that happen?

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Ah, that's your problem right there...
WHY IS SHE LIVING WITH YOU?

She can cook and clean and suck your cawk without living there. Do you have the balls to make that happen?
I've already explained this in some detail. If you're not going to bother to read through the problem, perhaps you should refrain from offering any more advice.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harvey_Poon said:
She was mooching where she lived before, she has him to mooch off of now. All you need to know is that a woman who sits around all day watching crappy reality tv isn't being productive or adding any value to the relationship
She works full time, 40 hours a week, 5 days a week. She makes her own money and isn't a "moocher". The issue is, is that she's become incredibly lazy in her downtime after working. You don't know what you're talking about when you accuse her of being a moocher.

Please. If you keep seeing women as the enemy and 1 dimensional characters that's exactly what you'll end up with. You sound very unhappy.

IAmAFC said:
Is there something wrong with women OCCASIONALLY going to happy hour with other co-workers for 1-2 hours after work? She's not lurking in some remote smoke-infested dive bar at dusk, with tatted up ex-cons and registered sex offenders buying her drinks. Jesus.
No, there's nothing wrong with that. Worry if she's always talking about her male co workers she's going to happy hour with. Worry if dudes are texting her and she's hanging out with male friends one on one. That's a whole different scenario though. I would rather deal with the couch potato sh!t than that.

Harvey_Poon said:
Ok OP, nobody has given you any solid advice, except for empty solutions.
That's quite insulting. Backbreaker and Slickster just gave awesome advice about leading the relationship by example, showing overtly (not in a controlling, insecure manner) where you as a man want to take it. You may not have had this kind of success in your previous relationships (you're single, I know.), but for most guys who want to snuff out new rising bad habits it works.

Harvey_Poon said:
The first step you need to take is, to decide if this woman is worth living at your place.
In your last few replies you told him not to decide. You just told him to get out of the relationship because she's a "MOOCHER" who's taking over his "castle".

Wut?

Ending a relationship you're reluctant to end should be decided by reviewing all variables and constants, good and bad in the relationship. Impulsively pulling the trigger because you ASSUME something is out of your control is weak.

I've been saying this since my first reply. So now all of a sudden you say he needs to decide?

So now you agree with me?

Wut?

Do you even know what you're talking about anymore? Did you lie about your age just so you can post on the MM's forum?

Harvey_Poon said:
If you read his original post, and could actually understand it, you would know that they were together before they moved in. The Big Screen TV was the problem after she moved in. He never had this problem until she moved in. That is why your questions of her behavior 2 years prior is useless. There was never a TV to fight about. Your ignorance really shows here.
You didn't see sarcasm in that post I made regarding her devious plan to wait 2 years so she can take over his living room when they finally moved in together? My God...

You REALLY think the TV is the problem?? Most people these days who make a decent living have nicer TVs than the one the OP has and don't spend all night watching it. Open your mind a bit and start to think critically. Could it possibly also be the relationship is getting stale due to the redundancy of the daily work grind? Complacency? Being TOO comfortable? The TV is just another tool of a stagnating relationship. It's a symptom, not a cause. Any guy worth is wisdom here will tell you that.

If you seriously think the TV is the reason for her lounging all night after she gets off work...well, I'm happy to agree to disagree. I think you're dead wrong, but whatever. If it wasn't the TV it would be the internet. If it wasn't the internet it would be her phone, and on and on.

It's ignorant to ignore other factors that cause this change in her behavior. You're just refusing to look in other places of the relationship because you want your own personal assumptions to be right. Isn't that ignorance?

But no, it's definitley the T.V. As soon as he throws it away or FORCES her to stop watching it everything will be better. [/jerkoffmotion]

Harvey_Poon said:
Let's look at this advice that you think is perfect: He allows her to get her way by watching crappy reality TV all night, while this man feels like a stranger in his own place by having to leave. She is perfectly happy being lazy not caring about what he is doing, while she detaches even more from the relationship. She will then just be content living there watching his TV with no purpose of a relationship.

That is like a loveless marriage while the wife hides in another room from the husband going through the motions.
If you think we've been telling him to let her have her way while he sits and wallows you're purposely ignoring 90% of the other sh!t we've been saying on purpose. Show me where any of us told him to stand by and do nothing.

Harvey_Poon said:
If she is, the second step is that you need to limit her TV watching. TV is like a drug of for, so you need to ween her off of it
This is...this is probably the worst advice in this thread. She's not a 4 year old you can tell what to do and she'll just comply.

Let's say he takes the insecure route and tries to control her bad habits. Do you think there won't be pushback? Resentment? Lack of respect that she thinks he feels for her? Variables, my friend. It's healthy (and SMART) to factor them in.

Slickster said:
Seriously OP, just go out. Get out of the house and enjoy your life while she's watching her sh!t. Don't bother with the analysis of it all, don't argue, don't stress, just go have fun. Don't tell her where your going, who you are with, and don't call to check in. Maybe just go out directly after work. Don't even bother going home first. Stay out late and come home happy and exhausted. She'll ask where you were and feel free to exaggerate about how great of a time you had. If she asks why you didn't invite her tell her you thought she was busy cuz ________show was on and you didn't want to interrupt.

If she doesn't change or get the hint after a couple of days then you know the relationship isn't worth
pursuing anyways.
YES. Exactly! This is probably the best thing you can do to remedy your situation: Enjoying YOUR life.

AmIAFC, you can't MAKE a woman do anything. Telling her not to watch TV is only going to send her the message of an ultimatum. If you've read Rollo's article on ultimatums, you'd understand that presenting one shows your GF how powerless you really are. Your influence has to be strong enough to where SHE wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize what she has with you.

I would tell her ONCE that her watching that much TV bothers you a bit. If she ask why, be straight up with her. Don't tell her what to do about it. Don't tell her not to watch it. Don't even tell her to limit her time.

Just tell her how you feel. ONCE. This way she has no way of turning it around on you if you take Slickster's advice and lead by example. You're in control of your life and she'll want to be a part of it if she loves you. Once she sees you going out and actually enjoying REALITY she'll put the relationship first again.

Remember, she might not even know that she's doing anything disrespectful. Probably all she knows is "I come home from work and I watch my shows" I don't think she has disrespect for you as an agenda. She's simply ignorant of her bad behavior; it's learned through monotony.

zekko said:
I'm a little surprised at the venom directed toward this women. Omigosh, she watches TV, what a horrible low class woman lol.
Because it's easy for them to look at this girl as a caricature instead of taking a more holistic approach to solve this problem. With them it's always "girls bad. guys good." It's easier to blame outside forces for internal issues.

Looking inward and taking responsibility is seen as a sign of weakness to some of these posters here. Ironically, they've become 2D cutouts themselves. I would take their advice with a grain of skepticism if I were you, IAmAFC.

Last edited:

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman who watches Reality TV shows is an automatic NEXT! in my book...

;)

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
A woman who watches Reality TV shows is an automatic NEXT! in my book...

;)
Ummmm, I have yet to meet one that doesn't watch some kind of reality show. Finding and dating one of those would be hard than dating a HB10!