Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Live-in GF watches too much television

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys have too much time,

no different than the stupid bítch who watches TV all day...

get a life,

seriously.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, for all the outrage over this, I can't imagine this being something I would get upset about. Why would I care what somebody else chooses to do with their time? Now if she was neglecting me or her chores that's a seperate issue.

If anyone ever tried to tell me how much television I could watch, or tried to monitor or control how I spent my time, they would get a big F.U.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Honestly, for all the outrage over this, I can't imagine this being something I would get upset about. Why would I care what somebody else chooses to do with their time? Now if she was neglecting me or her chores that's a seperate issue.

If anyone ever tried to tell me how much television I could watch, or tried to monitor or control how I spent my time, they would get a big F.U.
It's crystal clear that the live-in GF was doing precisely that to the OP through passive-aggressive hogging of the big-screen set. So, ignoring that issue, you must be complaining that the OP and his GF have equal rights to use the furnishings and equipment of their shared abode. That is a mistake. Women are not equal to men. Women are vastly inferior to men. Women's minds are weak and amoral. It's the responsibility of the father, and later, of the husband, to keep a woman from being swayed against her own family. Feminist programming is designed to do precisely that. Also, several DJs have been crystal clear that soft, flabby minds gravitate to the lowest-quality broadcasts as their soft, flabby asses make permanent indentations in the sofa. A couch potato is a state of being. And what state of being is that? A textbook low-quality state.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't live with just anyone. More than likely, I would have married this woman. Except that I've been married before, and it ended in divorce. I won't risk that happening again. She knows this, and while she'd rather be married to me, she accepts it.

Have you ever lived with a woman, Thunder? Just wondering, because if you did, I think you would understand the benefits - unless you lived with the wrong girl of course. Aside from the last year when my wife went crazy, I actually enjoyed being married. But even though I thought we had a fair divorce settlement, it did set me back financially, and that won't happen again.

My girlfriend does work full time so she does pay her fair share. I can support myself, but her contributions do allow me to have more money to invest, and that in itself is pretty nice.

Mainly, I just like having her around. She's very mellow and laid back, like myself, so she doesn't get on my nerves. I like having someone to sleep with every night. We've lived together for 10 1/2 years now, so I don't think you could characterize the relationship as a failure, no matter what happens in the future. Women can turn on you on a dime.

Neither of us want children, so it's kind of like we are our own family (which marriage would be, ideally). We raise our pets together. I've had girlfriends come over and do housework for me before, but since she lives here, she's invested in making the place a home. We are basically partners in life. She keeps the garden (which I probably wouldn't have otherwise), and helps keep the yard in shape. One can make sure the other doesn't oversleep. If we go out to buy a new lamp, we're not just picking out something for my place, we're picking out something for our home.

At the risk of sounding corny, there's a difference between sharing your lives like this and living seperately. But I'm sure it isn't for everybody. And if you get the wrong woman, it can be a living hell.

Good point. Even when I was growing up, when married couples had an argument, it was most common for the wife to go back to her mother, until things were worked out, or they split up.

These days, it seems like it's the husband who gets kicked out of the house more often than not. All she has to do is lock the door. If he comes home and kicks the door in to gain access to his own house, the police cart him away on a domestic abuse charge. Even though it's his house.

I lived with my ex for 8 years. It's de facto marriage. I understand the upsides and the downsides. And the downsides win. I learned later that I can get the same thing cheaper. Your post is full of emotion, you should be wary. That's usually when the blindsiding comes. Good luck man.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I lived with my ex for 8 years. It's de facto marriage. I understand the upsides and the downsides. And the downsides win. I learned later that I can get the same thing cheaper.
I enjoy living with my girlfriend. Apparently you did not. I was asked to name some benefits, so I did. So what are these downsides you are talking about? The only downside I see that I am experiencing is not fvcking other women, but I consider that a fair tradeoff. I would have the same downside if we lived seperately but were exclusive. Since I actually enjoy her living with me, and she's not the *****y type, the financial benefits alone are reward enough for me.

As for blindsiding, I have no delusions about the fickleness of women. I get up every day knowing the relationship can end at any time. While I agree this situation is similar to marriage, I find that this arrangement is more enjoyable and puts less pressure on the relationship, while eliminating the sense of "ownership" on her part that often takes place once the ring goes on.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I enjoy living with my girlfriend. Apparently you did not. I was asked to name some benefits, so I did. So what are these downsides you are talking about? The only downside I see that I am experiencing is not fvcking other women, but I consider that a fair tradeoff. I would have the same downside if we lived seperately but were exclusive. Since I actually enjoy her living with me, and she's not the *****y type, the financial benefits alone are reward enough for me.

As for blindsiding, I have no delusions about the fickleness of women. I get up every day knowing the relationship can end at any time. While I agree this situation is similar to marriage, I find that this arrangement is more enjoyable and puts less pressure on the relationship, while eliminating the sense of "ownership" on her part that often takes place once the ring goes on.
Oh I enjoyed it until I didn't as will you. But remember your the one with the problem. Rules are created for a reason. Hopefully you won't have to find out why. Good luck.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Work on a relationship"
"Try 50 different things"
"Talk to her about it"

And the list goes on, you know this reads like a fu(ken woman's how to keep your man column from a woman's magazine or woman's website, and not a thread from a website that is aimed at men bettering themselves and living their lives to the fullest.

Don't you people have anything better to do instead of whinging like woman ? My advice is to pack her sh!t up and leave it out the door and change the locks. Go out and find a better woman, yes woman are not knocking at your door looking to hook up (unless you're a minor or major celeb). Go out live your live and leave the "how to make this relationship work" up to the ladies.

I'm not perfect but I have never ever tried to make it work, I go out work train play my sports and do my hobbies and the woman come and go, the ones that fit into my lifestyle stick around for a while and the rest fall off.

I've had one plate that I'm seriously considering upgrading to GF because she and I work well, and you know what I went through around 15 woman just like her before this one popped up, and I know for a fact many more woman that gel well with me will be popping up in the near future.

You guys with your advice on making it work stems from an insecurity of being alone without a woman and no sex. Such Sad Creatures you are !!!

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Oh I enjoyed it until I didn't as will you. But remember your the one with the problem. Rules are created for a reason. Hopefully you won't have to find out why. Good luck.
10 and a half years is a pretty good track-record. I don't know why you are so negative about this.

Living with the right woman can be a dream just like living with a bad one could be a nightmare.

It all depends.

Talking about confirmation bias...? Hmmm...

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
My advice is to pack up your sh1t and head to Africa, money to be made out there and much better women.

My wife watches a LOT of Japanese Cartoons... I don't mind, they didn't have a TV when she was a kid...or a house. I'd rather her be addicted to cartoons then drugs, food or alcohol. I always know what to get her for her birthday and if I want to play video games or hang out with my friends, I make sure there is a computer around for her to watch her stuff on. She sits quietly and watches TV, its good for women to have hobbies. Whenever I meet a girl here, I always ask her if she likes J-toons and if the answer is yes, I always hook her up with my wife. They get together and guess what? Watch cartoons... I don't understand it, don't really care either. It keeps her young and she acts like the girls from the Cartoons so I can't really complain. My mother is a huge fan of Looney Tunes, so I must be married to my mom now or something hahaha.

My father IS a TV addict and like my wife he grew up in abject poverty. He spends his retirement glued to World War 2 documentaries and movies. Again I'd rather him be like that then tossing back the booze and gambling away his money.

That said, I think that day time TV is poison for the soul. I try and get stuff like Jerry Springer or Bridezilla for my wife to watch, it floors her how AMericans treat each other, but in the end, when I leave the room, its right back to J-cartoons.

Can't complain... she gets dressed up in her cosplay when she's horny and attacks me.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why living my life the way I want to is a "problem" I have no idea. I choose to live with my girlfriend and I enjoy it. If I stop enjoying it, she can leave. If she leaves, then I will date other women. It's not that complicated.

I'm 52 years old, I've lost women before. It's not a life or death situation. I'm sure I'd feel down about it for awhile, but I'd get over it. Women come and women go, it's nothing new to me.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
To be honest, I don't think you're a real person. I think you are a collection of hurtful and hateful feelings left over from every registered user on sosuave that's had his heart ripped out by a b!tch. You are a the philosopher's stone of hate, pressured and condensed much like a diamond. You are perfect.

You are every man here (Including me): sosuave's organic A.I. The Ultimate Lifeform.
Bit dramatic isn't it? And how the hell do you equate my obvious disgust here for sackless mangina's with having my "heart ripped out by a b!tch"? No offence but your way off on this one, I can honestly say unlike probably most here have never had the heart ripped out by a chick thing. I'll admit I did get dumped by a borderline chubster back in my AFC days but it wasn't that big of a deal. That whole "who hurt you" spiel doesn't really apply for me.

My beef has always been and always will be with mangina's. I would have thought the umpteenth posts I've made here discussing them would have been a dead giveaway. But we can put a "who hurt you" spin on it if it makes you feel better lol.

typical said:
You guys with your advice on making it work stems from an insecurity of being alone without a woman and no sex. Such Sad Creatures you are !!!

Thank Christ someone else said it.

Repped.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
Bit dramatic isn't it? And how the hell do you equate my obvious disgust here for sackless mangina's with having my "heart ripped out by a b!tch"? No offence but your way off on this one, I can honestly say unlike probably most here have never had the heart ripped out by a chick thing. I'll admit I did get dumped by a borderline chubster back in my AFC days but it wasn't that big of a deal. That whole "who hurt you" spiel doesn't really apply for me.

My beef has always been and always will be with mangina's. I would have thought the umpteenth posts I've made here discussing them would have been a dead giveaway. But we can put a "who hurt you" spin on it if it makes you feel better lol.
I was just joking, (.)(.) lol I thought my overwrought description of you made it obvious. I need to work on my material :p

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Why living my life the way I want to is a "problem" I have no idea. I choose to live with my girlfriend and I enjoy it. If I stop enjoying it, she can leave. If she leaves, then I will date other women. It's not that complicated.

I'm 52 years old, I've lost women before. It's not a life or death situation. I'm sure I'd feel down about it for awhile, but I'd get over it. Women come and women go, it's nothing new to me.

I do love this attitude on the situation, because it makes the view on relationships pragmatic, but positive. You know the rules, you know how women are and you can see the signs when things are waning. You're not blindsided if sh!t goes wrong. You also know what to do on your end to keep the relationship healthy...that is, if you want it to be.

If you are in the know, it makes no sense to always be paranoid about women and what they'll do when they move in. It's not like Zekko is clueless as that what is happening. I've known guys in happy relationships where they've lived with their girlfriend for 10 years and not be married.

I would never recommend a guy move in with a girl when he doesn't even know how women work.

Last edited:

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of polarizing views and advice here.

Before I provide an update to the situation, let me entertain my more critical and Machiavellian responders with an analogy: A fly in my soup disgusts me, sure. It pisses me off and, depending on my mood, might ruin my entire day. But I’m not one to throw away a rich bowl of soup on account of a fly's inappropriately placed corpse. That’s not to say that I’ll consume the contents of the bowl had there been a nugget of **** in it or something worse, but a fly wouldn’t bother me. For a lot of people, it definitely would, and I’m not judging them or faulting them for it. My point is, my GF brings a lot to the table and, like me, compromises a lot for the sake of the relationship. I’m not going into specifics as to the exact nature of these sacrifices, but suffice it to say, there are a lot, and I’m not exaggerating simply to justify my choice in the matter. It’s the truth. And I'm not going to throw away everything on the account of one fly, despite a part of me wanting to do so.

As to the update: I had a discussion with her and simply told her not to watch any more of that stuff on the main TV while I’m in the apartment. Actually, I told her specifically that she could watch the shows, but with the volume turned off so I don’t have to hear it, which is all the same since muting reality-TV gold-digging hens defeats the entire purpose of watching them in the first place since a clucking gold-digging hen doesn’t exist if it doesn’t make a sound. Naturally, she told me I was being ridiculous and put up a last gallant effort to defend the misunderstood legitimacy of her shows, but she quickly respected my decision and I haven’t heard a clucking hen on TV since. That doesn’t mean she’s stopped watching them altogether, because I’m sure she does while I’m at work, but baby steps.

She’s not disgruntled or gloomy. No, she isn’t brooding, either. In fact, she’s over it and is acting normal.

Anyway, I fully expect to be labeled a sap, AFC, and perhaps bombarded with colorful previews of what I should come to expect from her in the near future as a result of my decision, including the expectation of seeing her kneeling submissively in the presence of my neighbor’s monstrous tool sooner rather than later. But it is what it is.

Thanks for all the advice.

rearea

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay away from women who watch large amounts of drama-filled, golddigging, entitled-to-everything TV shows. I am a woman, and these types of girls are selfish and huge drama queens. Any girl with any common decency and modicum of intelligence would get annoyed by watching these shows too much.

One of my roommates last year, I realized we wouldnt get along right when she listed all her TV shows being the Kardashians and similar type shows. She was a manipulative drama queen like them. A little bit is fine, but otherwise no. I dont blame the OP one bit for being turned off by it.

Harvey_Poon

Don Juan
Reaction score
AmIAFC said:
I had a discussion with her and simply told her not to watch any more of that stuff on the main TV while I’m in the apartment. Actually, I told her specifically that she could watch the shows, but with the volume turned off so I don’t have to hear it, which is all the same since muting reality-TV gold-digging hens defeats the entire purpose of watching them in the first place since a clucking gold-digging hen doesn’t exist if it doesn’t make a sound. Naturally, she told me I was being ridiculous and put up a last gallant effort to defend the misunderstood legitimacy of her shows, but she quickly respected my decision and I haven’t heard a clucking hen on TV since. That doesn’t mean she’s stopped watching them altogether, because I’m sure she does while I’m at work, but baby steps.
Good for you, you took some action for the problem you had. You weren't making excuses for her problematic behavior. You did something about it. Just like I have been talking about.

As with anything you do in life, you make a decision first, then you follow through with the process.

The problem with her TV watching has not been solved yet, so that is what you need to focus on now. Solving the problem at hand. Start doing other things with her, and get her involved with other activities, then she won't need to be watching the TV. When she has other things to do, to occupy her time and mind, that will break the bad habit, which is the TV.

You made your decision to confront her about the TV watching, now follow through with the process.

Mauser96 said:
Harvey Poon is 25? Lol. Take everything he says with a BIG grain of salt.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203486

HA HA HA, this coming from a man who allows women to take advantage of him. He's been in 3 relationships where he let women mooch off him, and use him for money and gifts. He is the perfect example of what I've been talking about in this thread.

Harvey_Poon said:
Men that are weak and are afraid of losing their only option will stay in a relationship, even if they are miserable. They stay because they like the comfort of having a woman around and can say that they are getting laid.
He is accepting a woman's bad behavior while making excuses, and being afraid to do anything about it. You should use the advice that I gave you, so it doesn't happen again. Thank You for proving me right once again with this topic. Never accept bad behavior from a woman while making excuses about it. The OP saw the light and took some action. So should you, Mauser96.