Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Like my job, not the hours

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I truly love my job, but I have a very irregular work roster. One day I work long nights, the other in the morning, the other in the evening. But I also have to work on saturday and sunday. Which leads to the fact that sometimes I can join my friends for a drink, but can't stay long because I have to work the next day.

My social life is very very important to me and this is really disturbing me. How can I deal with this? I don't want to give up my job, but it's getting unbearable.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi SayWhat,
What you describe is a truly horrendous picture....also very unhealthy,impossible for the bodies Circadian rhythms to adjust to...It's an intractable situation but does give you time to look for another Job...In the mean time you just have to get on with it,perhaps a waitress or a young Nurse might be the answer,they also work shocking hours.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it a lifetime deal? Or are you the low man on the totem pole? Do the hours get better with seniority? All things we need to know.....ANYTHING can be lived with for a year, but a lifetime of that? no thanks. Then I'd find the new job in the same field....

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so what? are you a medic and is working your ass now? well get used to it, any job you take will make you work like hell till you get in a nice position to choose how you will work.

also try to pass more info

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The job earns more than double of what is average in my country. I have a diploma (not in what I am doing now), but that will earn me only 1/4 or maybe 1/3 of what I have now.

When I work during the weekend, I get days off during the week somewhere else. On sunday I get payed 150%, at night as well.

I'm not at the lowest tier, nor at the highest tier in my company, it's a very specialized job and am able to grow in this company but that will lead to the fact I can't perform my current work anymore.

It is a lifetime deal, but can retire when I'm 55.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so, basically, you are earning 3 or 4 years pay for every ONE year you can put up with the ****ty hours..... If you quit, are your drinking buddies or the women who didn't sleep with you because you are busy going to make up the difference in pay? Probably not, so I'm not sure I'd worry too much about them.

IF you are too tired to function or take care of yourself, quit. BUT, if it's just a social life issue..... keep working. I lost 3 or 4 girlfriends in Dental School because of a lack of time..... still have the Degree, and the cash that comes with it. I'm burning out at work, working 5 days a week for 31 years in Dentistry does that. So my issue is part time or quit? going to be forced into a decision in a year or so.....When you get there, decide part time or quit for yourself....

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Sodbuster,
So tell me,what are you buying one half as good as what you sell?