Lifeforce Weightlifting Journal

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you dirtheart... those words you write may only be a sentence to you but they really do mean very much to me.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that post just motivated me to eat another dinner lifeforce

my story is so similar. i am getting checked out a lot now and girls are approaching ME, initiating the kino, thinking i'm already someone's boyfriend. i can walk about and control rooms with my body language (not just my size, but my deep commanding voice as well)

i am getting disrespected by a few skinny guys (unmotivated in every aspect of life) who tell me they see no change in me in the past year. what bullshyt... 135 to 160 - that's 25lbs. ha! one of them is even hitting me in front of girls because he's so intimidated

to be honest, i've been trying to deny that appearance doesn't matter, but the fools that say that can stay blind to the truth. appearance is most of your game. it is far more productive to work on that than a bunch of techniques. speed seduction is stupid if the girl isn't already attracted to you, because no matter how much she actually does feel a connection, she won't go for you in *that* way unless you meet her, and society's, standards of physical attractiveness (she wants someone to show off in front of her friends basically)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing gav. You are so on the money on this one. Why did we think that appearance didn't matter? At least we were not fat right? Most of the game is appearance, and people who disagree are probably those guys who adapt the wieredst techniques and hit on ugly chicks calling them HBs. With that set of abs you have gav no wonder girls are approaching you.

When you work out you get motivation for the rest of your life right? Do you feel the same thing? Nowadays when I see people who write stuff like they are lazy and things like that, it really turns me off. They could be so much more and they don't even know it.

I hate dream catchers, they try to ruin things for us becasue we have ambition and strive for it, I was disappointed at my brother but don't care about them, I read in your post you know you have control. Your miles ahead man :]

You got motivation, I get motivation from you. Howabout that competition? :D

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aparently I was always a really intimidating person - I just had that feel about me. It either makes people scared, competative or shy.

Since I've got bigger, girls still dont notice me. I cant really say I'm that bothered. Though it does make me wonder why people dont check me out.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you are at the stage where pook is at?

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha man. I was mentaly bullied all though school. I had the works, goofy teeth, shortness, bad hair, scruffy cloths, and seriously low testosterone.

Worst thing ever happened when n ugly girl walked up to me and put a mirror in my face, and said, "look at you". When i looked in that mirror I looked realy ugly.

My skin is still a bit crap, but now alot of pple have told me to model, and I've had hbs come up to me, and loads of girls have told me that i'm too good for them.

I'm so caught up in my looks now though, obsessed. Unless I put my mind to something else like sparring. (I've even met pple off the net for boxing fights).

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've no idea.

I really think thats just the social 'gift' I have, if you could call it that. I've never talked with anyone for more than five minutes and got into a fight with them. They say they just wouldnt lay a finger on me - even though I know some of them could walk all over me.

Ah well. Atleast people never start anything with me :)

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to be honest, i've been trying to deny that appearance doesn't matter, but the fools that say that can stay blind to the truth. appearance is most of your game. it is far more productive to work on that than a bunch of techniques.
I agree, Gav. I think a lot of this "it's all attitude" mentality is a cop out which encourages guys to be slack with their appearance.

I have a lot more respect for you guys who are working out and making an effort with your appearance. You're not just sitting around whining, looking for magic tricks...you're actually working on improving yourselves.

There's also a massive psychological impact. If you look good, you feel good. Since I've been bulking, I'm also starting to notice that I feel mentally stronger and less afraid too.

Keep up the good work guys.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get loads of jelous comments of these freaks in my class. They keep on about how stupid weight training is constantly, and how i think I'm awesome, and annoying comments. Their so dam annoying, theres 4 of them in a class of 6. They jus talk shYte all lesson, and think their so funny, when outside their group pple think, wow freaks. O well only got untill June then, bye bye dorks, hope ya get hit by a car.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats happened to me before.

I pushed the three outside the door and told them to take a crack at me or stop talking ****. all of this was in front of the course co-ordinator.

Havnt heard a word from them since ;)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PERFECT workout! XXXXX

Hey again guys, I've been sick for a while and today was one of those days when everything just go soo smooth.

Squat 4x95 kg 209 lbs
Squat 6x95 kg 209 lbs
Squat 5x100 kg 220 lbs

Stiff leg deads Alotx80 kg 176 lbs
Stiff leg deads 10x80 kg 176 lbs

Leg press 8x178 kg

Hamstring curl 4x55 kg 391 lbs

3x Standing calves raise around 10 rep 115 kg 253 lbs

Cracked 100 kg with my squat today... piece of cake if I have a spotter who is ready. I guess I was afraid before to go too heavy. Felt like puking after doing the squats and that was a long time ago so I guess I am doing something right too. :]

Anyways, glad to be back in the gym after being ill.

Jealousness is a great feeling if someone is at you. Solid, that's a great achivement from you, going ugly to model worthy. I am as obsessed as you by it coming from similar background. Hope they get hit by a car too, too many try to put people down just because of jealousness.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce your journal is an inspiration man. Your before and after picture is just nuts man, you should put that on your wall to remind yourself the things you can do once your mind is set.

When you did those squats do you go as far down as possible. When I do squats with heavy weight I go down about 3 quarter of the way.

What steps did you take when your gains started to plateau? If they did at all

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really appreciate those kind words Peter Parker. The stuff you give back to me give me fuel to continue. I do look a little inflated... It has to do not of the creatine but the amount of food I eat... in the morning I look more ripped like -3% BF.... :]

When I squat I try to go as low as I can... Almost everytime now I have gone below 90° except for the 100 kg where I did exactly 90°. Going lower with light weight will help your legs grow quicker.

I haven't really platued yet, just in some of my lifts like bench but I think I have broken through now. I just got really sick for a while... and was drinking, everyone have faults... so I was stuck at 155 for a while... since then I haven't had any problems. I just try to push myself harder each time so I can increase more.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice one lifeforce. there was a while where you kept on doing nowhere near your best lifts, which must totally suck ass.

what's up with your hamstring curl? 391lbs? that's immense

an i'm gonna catch you on those squats soon with my rare technique of bumming the ground :D

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess my uncouncious was jealous at your hamstring curls so I it had to overcompensate :p

Yeah it really sucked I don't know what went wrong, maybe I started to do exercises with better form. One reason was that I thought the things you attach outside the plates at barbells was 5 kg heavier than they were so 85 was 80 and 90 was 85. At least now I am true to my lifts.

Haha looking forward to it... the best squat ever I have seen was 1102 lbs so if you do 1102 kg you will be famous, really you can do 2000 kg on that squat and I really hope you survive :] Your technique should be introduced to the masses. Cheers man, hope you and peter parker gain mass quick competing.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that post just motivated me to eat another dinner lifeforce
thats exactly the same what i did after reading his post :D

i gained around 25lbs in the last year.....but now i have to work much harder for gaining more mass....i have to improve my diet and learn doing deadlifts and squats(hope i wont kill my back)

yeah the changes are really unbelievable.....woman are so much more friendly to me.....man are more respectful....dudes from "high school" often dont regnocgnize its me hehe....;)
but it's sometimes hard because there are so many haters....an "alphamale" "friend" told me to stop working out because i look like **** and i will never be muscular, also i shouldnt use such confident body posture because it looks ridiculous. he tries to make fun of my bodybuilding ambitions everytime i see him...but i stand up for myself although it's hard.

I'm only 5'9 and ~~152 lb now......and i m really looking forward to reach 165lb and than finally 175lb. HAHA will be great no more fat girls hitting on me(with165).....and no more wannabe alphamale dissing me......or he MIGHT get beaten up(with175)....but i think the sucker will worship me when i get stronger/better with the chicks than him......because he kisses ass of every so called player. has somebody same experience with such "friends"?

your journal is really motivating keep it going man! i know you will:p

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first thing people do when they feel someone is becomeing better than they is to redicule, the more **** you encounter from people around you the more you will see who your true friends are who stick you by with your higher success. Actually thank him for giving you fuel just because you want to prove him wrong. I have two of those people who I really hate now. When I feel to slack off I imagine their faces in my head. Haha, imagine the sucker on his knees in front of you and praising you. :] Yeah and imagine the girls you'll be having... juice sexy bodies with some good personalities mixed in.

25 lbs grown, just 25 more and you'll look like a greek god.

It's really hard to stop with all these people telling me to go on and that I inspire people. You give as much inspiration with your comments and compliments. Thank you.

As for deadlifts and squats there are a few tricks I have learnt.

* Always balance the weight between your toes and your heal so your entire foot does the job.
*When doing squats make sure to have a close grip so your shoulder blades are together making a small balcony on the back. Also make sure your wrists are aligned with with your hands so they are not bending backwards keeping the weight on your back.
* Inhale enough before you go down to keep your spine straight. hold breath through rep and exhale and inhale when you have little pressure on spine.
* Always flex your abdominals when doing heavy squats and dealifts.
* Look yourself in the eyes in the mirror when lifting. some say to look upwards but I loose the sense of stability.
* Make sure that your knees are pointing the same way as your feet or you'll risk ****ing them up.
* When doing squats have the squat rack in front of you so you can walk into it instead of walking backwards.
* Always warm up before these exercises.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Double those types of “friends” are not worth having around. You should excommunicate people who don’t encourage you. But then again you can use him as motivation knowing one day you’ll rub that success in his face.

Good tips on squatting ill use them

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha some more motivating stuff here! feels really good getting feedback from people with successful mindsets.....not the
usual yeah nice u got bigger but dont overdo it AFC blah. i need more guys who wanna bulk heavy:D

You should excommunicate people who don’t encourage you.
PP, ur totally right. But i can't do that because he knows DAMN much people here.....and also almost all my friends and aquintances(?)...so he often hangs out with my friends and mine. i now see that as an excersise to not put up with any disrespect. But i need to be VERY careful all the time because when we all are laughing and sh1t and than he makes a "funny" but disrespectful comment about me and i'm in happy mood so i get caught off-guard. That sh1t i hate the most...when suckers make a comment that seems funny but is disrepectful.....and if i dont pay attention i will laugh about the disrespect with the other people, holy sh1t! ALWAYS BE PREPARED!

Yeah i will just make the best of the situation and use him as a motivation tool. sometimes when doing my last reps i will imagine him and i get so angry that my testosterone flows and i can do one more rep!

Haha, imagine the sucker on his knees in front of you and praising you. :]
i will add this to my positive motivation stuff - sounds indeed like much fun haha =)

Disu

Reaction score
Noob Questions

Seriously.. Lifeforce, the gains you've made are inspiring, yours, out of all the other fitness threads has been the one that has prompted the urge within me to bodybuild.

Lifeforce, DJben, I've been reading this thread for the past coupla days and am preparing my stuff, doing research [so frustrating! so much info emphasising different stuff... bloody confusing], budgeting and so on. Anyhow, can i ask a few questions?

I'm completely new to bodybuilding, but I am inspired to get into it [despite being very busy at the moment - but if not now, then never hey] through reading Lifeforce's journal. Basically:

1. It's reccommended for beginners to start with a full body workout 2x a week then to progress to split workouts a month later*. But is seems, from reading your thread Lifeforce that you went straight into doing training splits... did you just jump straight into it?

2. Where did you base your work-outs on? there's so many conflicting work-out systems out there that I'm getting frustrated and confused! maybe I should just ignore the others and just focus on one source of info?

Anyhow, I am eager to start and will do so this week. Thanks for any help you guys can provide - to skinny newbies like me, you guys have been where we've been and are going where we want to go!

*http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322699