Lifeforce Weightlifting Journal

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, why's my name in caps ;)

My stats are pretty much the same as yours, just a bit bigger. I deadlift 125KG [8 reps] and recently I havnt done a 1rm... I ignored my abs for a while, and I really dont want weak abs when shifting heavy weight.

My bench is a pathetic 88KG [1RM] (god bless those tiny magnetic weights!) and my squat is 120KG. I keep getting dodgy knee joints, I might lay off squats and do leg presses and then see how my legs are.

I got rid of that split and now I'm doing a three day split... it changes all the time. Sometimes I do Legs, Delts, Traps. Sometimes I do Legs, Bi's, Tri's [just now :D]. Sometimes I start the week with Back, other times Legs. I make a point of doing what I really dont want to do first at the start of the weak.. If I really cant handle deadlifts today and I'd prefer to squat, I'll make myself up the weight on deads and do 1 or 2 more reps on top of the weight increase. I dont know why, I just enjoy doing what I dont want to do :)

Charging for info? Screw that. I happily give my view on things, and when I need to back it up with proof, I can. It's just my view, nothings gospel with BB'ing. So for that reason, I dont think of myself as a major helper on this forum, I just know that I spent a while training and eating like a fool, and I dont want another people to mess up the way I did!

You've been sticking with this for a while now... I'd be tempted to do a weak of powerlifting regiemes followed by some high rep training... 1RM to 2X15-20's. 'German Volume Training' is something I might try down the line if I plateau :)

Keep up the good work man, you're making good gains. Dont worry about a slight shift in weight, the point is it's going up! :)

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJB - I know of a few people who have tried that 1 rep max - high rep stuff... and they really enjoyed.. gave thier training a real kick which was what they needed.

I havent tried it yet, but have been contemplating it.

By all reports i have heard. Its great.

Cheers

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High weight low rep is awesome kickstarting... Good workouts.

It kinda sucks tho, because when you go to do 8 or 10 reps of something... you get to about four and think "sh!t, I have so many more to do...."

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL

Yeah, for squats last night I broke away from 5X5 and did 8X3 followed by 2X20 [Breathing]... I got to ten and I thought 'omfg, I need someone to motivate me, I really cant push out another ten' then I got to eighteen and noticed myself almost screaming to get the last two reps out... insane :/

For the record, I couldnt walk up the stairs this morning. I had to crawl. :D

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HEAR THE DRUMS OF VICTORY...

FEEL THE POWER OF ACOMPLISHMENT...

THE CROWD CHEER...

LIFEFORCE PLACES HIMSELF ON THE SCALES:

166.32 lbs - 75.6 KG

CURRENT GOALS

165 LBS - MET
190 LBS - Moving towards like a Tank on fire!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks solid, it's your encouragement that drives me on... and the more I grow the more motivation I get... I really must thank everyone who has helped me this far... You know who you are.

Solid, you'll push those weights through the roof. You have lifted for a long time, you'll experience the same thing as Anthony Ellis.

Ben... in my country ben means bone... and in english bone means... ehh... well let's not go down that alley... ;)

88 isn't pathetic.. I can't do more than 60 :/

Thanks man, I'll def. try some heavy powerlifting... feels awful not knowing my max when small kiddoes walk around deadlifting 120 kg 1 rep... :]

lol.. that's some funny **** ben... I can imagine the feeling when you got to ten.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOO! You're the god damn man.

I set high standards for myself, 88 isnt pathetic but it is to me ;)

Jesus christ man, you got there in no time. I cant believe it!

You should be able to deadlift 120KG I should imagine. And once again:

GOOD ON YA!

:D

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really appreciate it Ben, thank you! Your compliments are one of those things that keep me at this. THANK YOU!!!

What is your bench goal?

I met this natural big guy todat, 84 kg... It's unfair to skinny guys to have to bulk 30 pounds and still be only average... 30 more pounds and I'll be large... :/ I think I am becoming bitter here. Anyways, I looked at my cellphone where I store my pictures from where I started... there is a huge difference where I am now. My legs was twigs before and my arms and chest was non existant. It's good not to be the skinny gut anymore but average sized. Now I don't feel anyone can kick my ass any longer.

Would you like to see some pictures ? :]

EDIT: Here are some from the cellphone... did a trick so I got them out from there

My Transformation sofar (30 lbs)<------ PIC

It may not look as too much but if you look at 135 lbs picture you can see the skin goes into holes in my skin. My bones is very visible and It took a couple of pounds just to fill up the holes between the ribs, and at other places. I am also taller than I thought, 5'10" not 5'8"... I misinterpred a reading... 5'10" is 5.8 foot. :] And another thing the pic doesn't show is the thickness of my back.

And my hand is not inside my boxers on the third picture ;)

Last edited:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man... I'm not gonna maintain this, I'm gonna add 30 more pounds then I will walk around with a pipe and go "mhrrwwwwwooooom" pretending I am a tank. ;)

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad to hear the comments help - they're true!

I've written a bench goal off for a while, my shoulder isnt feeling too good right now. Right now I'm just going for hypertrophy all over.

Good pics. It'd be interesting to see how you look after the cycle of creatine stops though :)

The only pics I have of me are from 2 weeks after getting out of the hosp. I hadnt worked out for almost a month, ate crap all, and I look really flat, but I'll try and post them up. Either accept my excuse of looking out of shape and weak, or dont ;)

This next 30lbs will NOT be easy. Trust me :)

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i'm done i'm gonna use your 3 day split I think, except I can't do deads at my gym I believe.. doh :/
Why???

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think reason 2 isn't valid...

as for reason 1, what's the difference between your "bench barbell" and a big barbell?

As far as I know, the 45 lb bar is the big one, and it's fine for deads, bench, squat... etc. I've never seen people doing bench with anything but a 45lb bar.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some powerlifting:

Deadlift 1x100 kg 220 lbs
Deadlift 1x120 kg 264 lbs
Tried 130 and got the bar up to standing but not fully erect I held the bar wrong so one side got heavier and I had to put it down. :/ When I tried again I couldn't lift it. So I believe if I try again I will pull 130 kg. 286 lbs.

1x65 kg bench at the end of workout. :/

Biceps curl 6+x35 kg
Biceps curl 3x40 kg
Biceps curl 3x37.5 kg

Strange I managed 4x40 kg before

Hammer curl 4x16.4 kg

Military Press
6x40 kg
4x45 kg
3x45 kg

Leg press 178 kg 391 lbs (max of the machine, pulled it for fun)

Did some calves exercise too. This exercise was pure for fun so I don't expect any gains from it. :]

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sazuki
Awesome progress, must feel great to have a manly chest sticking out :)

I can't stand this cutting anymore, 2/3 more weeks and i'm done, 5 hours "cardio" daily hehe.

When i'm done i'm gonna use your 3 day split I think, except I can't do deads at my gym I believe.. doh :/
hey, thanks.. it feels awesome, I remember my last girlfriend when we were lying in my bed, she was like 47-50 kg or something looking great, I was 60 kg looking like a skeleton... she said I was a little skinny. :/ It feels wonderful to finally be proud of my body, I have never felt that before. Even if I am still skinny it's better than being a skeleton.

lol... that's a heell lot of cardio... 5 hours a day don't you eat up your muscle this way? Good luck sazuki, you'll make it :]

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
Glad to hear the comments help - they're true!

I've written a bench goal off for a while, my shoulder isnt feeling too good right now. Right now I'm just going for hypertrophy all over.

Good pics. It'd be interesting to see how you look after the cycle of creatine stops though :)

The only pics I have of me are from 2 weeks after getting out of the hosp. I hadnt worked out for almost a month, ate crap all, and I look really flat, but I'll try and post them up. Either accept my excuse of looking out of shape and weak, or dont ;)

This next 30lbs will NOT be easy. Trust me :)
Thanks man, keep them up. :]

Me too... But I have gained some fat so it's just not retained water. :/ The first bulk is hard. But I'll add 30 more pounds like that... :p

Looking forward to the pics...

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha the guy on the right, looks like he bullies the guy on the left!!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Todays workout, IT SCARED THE **** OUT OF ME!!! Read why below.

weight 167 lbs (with clothes, yeah I cheat :p)

warm up
Bench press 10+x20 kg
Bench Press 6x40 kg
Bench Press 1x55 kg

Workout

Bench Press 6x60 kg 132 lbs
Bench Press 4x65 kg 143 lbs
Bench Press 4?x60 kg 132 lbs

Db bench 6-7x23.9 kg 52,5 lbs
Db bench 5x23.9 kg 52,5 lbs

Skull crushers 3x30 kg 66 lbs <--- held wrong
Skull Crushers 9x27.5 Kg 60 lbs
Skull Crushers 7x30 kg 66 lvs
Skull Crushers 6x30 kg 66 lbs

(stopped doing dips because I have hurt my traps)

Warm up
Squat 10x40 kg 88 lbs
Squat 6x60 kg 132
Squat 3x70 kg 154 lbs
Squat 1x95 kg 209 lbs

MAXING

Squat 1x110 kg 242 lbs

Wrist flexor curl 10x30 kg 66 lbs
Wrist flexor curl 8x30 kg 66 lbs
Wrist flexor curl 8x30 kg 66 lbs

The reason this workout scared the **** out if me was because my buddy was supposed to spot me when I did squats but the ******* didn't do it so when I was down with 110 kg on my back and didn't actually know if I could come up again then he just stod there. Man I was almost shaking after that.

Anyways, felt like a cool workout. :]

Solid: haha.. that's too damn funny... I can really understand why that guy was bullied before. I looked really weak and felt weak too. There is a difference how people interact with me now. :] Man solid, you really look great on that pic of yours at bb... in a non sexual way.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Impressive transformation!! It's an inspiration to everyone who is considering working out.

I agree with Solid's point. There's definitely a difference in the way I perceive the two pictures and I'm sure you are getting treated with a lot more respect these days (from both males and females).

I'd really like to hear what kind of reactions you are getting from people.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference is so large it's uncanny!

This is from my 135 lbs days so you see how ****ed up my life was:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41533&highlight=you+wont+believe

If I hadn't had those responses I hadn't stayed here but would still be who I was. Three things got me into weight lifting.

The first one was in a classroom were a really hot chick I liked checked a muscular guy out, I wondered why she didn't check me out, i was so jealous, I was so angry and I felt that I was below the guy, that she choose someone else over me because that person was better. It was one of those moment when you realize.

The other thing was that night I describe in my post. That was one of the worst nights in my life and it show you why I have abandoned all that has to do with techniques and why working on your appearance is way better. You know, I have been ashamed of my body all my life, especially since I was bullied and beaten when I was small, now it's a way to say FVCK YOU ! to those who did that.

The third reason I started was because my girlfriend and I broke up, she had told me I was skinny and I felt ashamed of my body, while she was a hot I was not hot. And I could feel she didn't like my outside but connected to who I was. Too bad i didn't meet her now, she was a really nice girl and I don't know how I got her.

As many skinny guys know most of us get less respect than bigger guys, girls don't really like the skinny-guy look at all, especially if you are tall and skinny. It's more apparant that you are skinny. People just look down on skinny guys as they do with fat guys, fat guys at least get more respect because they are bigger as long as they are not too big, skinny guys are just small and not worthy off respect it seems.

Anyways, try to realize people not moving a bit when you are walking so you have to move aside, try imagine not a single girl checking you out. Try imagine yourself being scared of mirrors and knowing that anyone could beat you up. try imagine not fitting in any clothes you buy and you look like a skeleton. Try imagine never having confidence or being proud of who you are. This was me.

And when I started to work out, try imagine the clothes you have becoming too small for your muscly body, try imagining hotter and hotter girls checking you out, try imaging people moving aside when you walk, try imagining that every girl will gladly talk to you. Girls I never ever would approach before cause they were to hot, and girls who would say "I don't talk to ugly guys" now gladly talk to me. Try imagining you getting more energy. Try imagine yourself reaching for your goals and succeeding. Try imagine yourself looking good in the clothes you wear. Try imagine getting more respect from people. Try imagine yourself more happy than ever. Try imagine girls touching your muscles as you flex and go "it's hard as rock!" with awe!

The reaction from people are splitted, some try to put me down calling me bad stuff and trying to scare me away from weight lifting with horror stories, like my brother and my mother for example. Other people are happy (my friends) and congratulate me, and I them because I have got many of them to start training with me. The most apparant response is from women, I am getting used to be eyed now but at first it was scary. I mean in my entire life I have never had a woman checking me out. Now it's, just amazing. Everywhere I go there are girls checking me out. It may be shallow, but this is what I have lacked in my entire life so I feel I deserve this.

The downside as pook says is that people start to pick on who I was before, saying I dressed bad, I was soo skinny, and I looked bad... that stuff hurts. I didn't have a clue that people viewed me as this. I wonder what they are thinking about me now.

The other downside is that less attractive girls now become more and more hostile towards me. They look at me like I am some kind of mean *******. And I get a feeling the skinny guys doesn't like me but they are scared of me so they try to please me. I feel bad knowing I was like this before.

My outlook on life has changed, the depression I had for almost five years are completly gone. I am succeeding in other areas of my life like in school, with my company, with my social life and stuff like that. I show people more respect, doesn't compare myself with others and get more respect from people. If I had known that weight lifting would do this I would have tossed SS, Double your dating, The art of seduction and every other technique right away.

For anyone even considering weight lifting, start now. Go right up to DIESELS guide to bulking or cutting and start today. Toss your seduction book in the garbage can and watch your life change before your eyes.

Well that's my story, it was long and I hope you didn't fall asleep.