Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lie Detector said she’s lying!

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
something strange happened to me this Sunday.
im seeing this girl for 4 month now and she’s pushing for a relationship. She says she loves me etc.
We visited a museum last Sunday and there was a lie detector. You could pick questions for kids, for adults or couples. We picked the one for couples. There was a computer which generated random questions.

luckily the questions she asked me were not so intimate but I had to ask her if she is in love with me and if her notch count is more than 5.

She said she loves me and her notch count was lower than 5. The computer said she was lying about both.

It’s funny and I just wanted to share it with you. Do you think you can believe these detectors? I mean I guess her notch count is higher than 5 but why did she lie about her feelings then?
Or could it be a warning from god?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no way for random strangers on the internet to know if the machine was technically capable.

You're acting like @Murk and being insecure. Nothing good ever comes from knowing her notch count or her sexual past. Suppose you knew she was with a man with a penis that was substantially larger than yours. How's that going to make you feel? For most men, they'd feel inadequate. All you can do is realize that she has had sex before you. You have to enjoy the moment and the sex. Focus on making the current sex high quality.

Her feelings of love are a little more complicated. Nevertheless, I wouldn't act insecure about the machine. Don't act suspicious based on that alone. If you do catch her in a lie random in the future, you can remember this event.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no way for random strangers on the internet to know if the machine was technically capable.

You're acting like @Murk and being insecure. Nothing good ever comes from knowing her notch count or her sexual past. Suppose you knew she was with a man with a penis that was substantially larger than yours. How's that going to make you feel? For most men, they'd feel inadequate. All you can do is realize that she has had sex before you. You have to enjoy the moment and the sex. Focus on making the current sex high quality.

Her feelings of love are a little more complicated. Nevertheless, I wouldn't act insecure about the machine. Don't act suspicious based on that alone. If you do catch her in a lie random in the future, you can remember this event.
yes you’re totally right I shouldn’t take these things so serious and make constantly drama but I’m somehow bored or in a bad mood and then these stupid insecure thoughts come up.
It’s a cycle.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're acting like @Murk and being insecure. Nothing good ever comes from knowing her notch count or her sexual past.
I didn't ask, I found it! I don't go around asking body counts, I literally stumbled across a list, let me live man lol.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No you didn't stumble across a list, you allowed your insecurity to go actively search for it
Yes agreed, my insecurity lead me to look for infomation, a moment of weakness and a lesson learned!

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok then where do we draw the line at insecurity? Am I also insecure If my wife gets gangbanged by 8 black dudes? Am I more secure if I’m able to watch and laugh it off?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok then where do we draw the line at insecurity?
The line is more or less drawn at events that happened prior to when you met if they don't directly impact you in the current situation.

Am I also insecure If my wife gets gangbanged by 8 black dudes? Am I more secure if I’m able to watch and laugh it off?
You are not insecure in that situation. That's a problem because she's your wife and you are in a committed, legal relationship. You would have every right to be PISSSED then. That would end a relationship.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Ok then where do we draw the line at insecurity? Am I also insecure If my wife gets gangbanged by 8 black dudes? Am I more secure if I’m able to watch and laugh it off?
When you are worried about things that happened previously to you that have no impact on things, that's insecurity.

As to the second point...let's not be ridiculous.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you be asking a lie detector machine whether or not this girl loves you? Even if it was a joke that is just cringe.

To your question as to whether or not they are reliable - the answer is they are somewhat reliable. Not completely. There is a reason the results from such a test are generally inadmissible in a courtroom. I would put little, if any, stock in the results of one of these things.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Why would you be asking a lie detector machine whether or not this girl loves you? Even if it was a joke that is just cringe.

To your question as to whether or not they are reliable - the answer is they are somewhat reliable. Not completely. There is a reason the results from such a test are generally inadmissible in a courtroom. I would put little, if any, stock in the results of one of these things.
They detect changes in things like heart rate and blood pressure that sometimes happen when a person is lying.

However they also happen when a person is just really nervous too.

And a sociopath can easily pass those because he will remain calm and have no such changes occur when he is answering the questions.

Various studies have shown them to be 80-90% accurate. But imagine going to jail or getting the death penalty based on one of you were in the other 10-20% where you told the truth and it said you were lying.

In the US, 4 states make them completely inadmissable even if both parties are OK with them. Texas, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Washington DC.

However there are at least 10-15 states that allow them, and a few more that will allow them as long as both parties agree, of which California is one.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They detect changes in things like heart rate and blood pressure that sometimes happen when a person is lying.

However they also happen when a person is just really nervous too.

And a sociopath can easily pass those because he will remain calm and have no such changes occur when he is answering the questions.

Various studies have shown them to be 80-90% accurate. But imagine going to jail or getting the death penalty based on one of you were in the other 10-20% where you told the truth and it said you were lying.

In the US, 4 states make them completely inadmissable even if both parties are OK with them. Texas, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Washington DC.

However there are at least 10-15 states that allow them, and a few more that will allow them as long as both parties agree, of which California is one.
Agree with everything you said. You are correct they are accurate at detecting small changes in a person's blood pressure. But as you point out, the issue is that even normal people will begin getting nervous just at the thought of being hooked up to one. In instances where someone has their liberty on the line, it is NEVER worth taking one.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with everything you said. You are correct they are accurate at detecting small changes in a person's blood pressure. But as you point out, the issue is that even normal people will begin getting nervous just at the thought of being hooked up to one. In instances where someone has their liberty on the line, it is NEVER worth taking one.
And those lie detectors are probably higher quality models than a non-professional one in a museum that is not likely to be reguarly maintained or calibrated.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes you’re totally right I shouldn’t take these things so serious and make constantly drama but I’m somehow bored or in a bad mood and then these stupid insecure thoughts come up.
It’s a cycle.
Your ego will murder your relationship. I’ve seen it so many times before where an insecure man or woman ruins the relationship because of overthinking. One party starts getting paranoid and completely turns the other person off with their insecure behaviour. Stop it. This test doesn’t mean ****. Enjoy your time together until you can’t enjoy it anymore then you walk away.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
something strange happened to me this Sunday.
im seeing this girl for 4 month now and she’s pushing for a relationship. She says she loves me etc.
We visited a museum last Sunday and there was a lie detector. You could pick questions for kids, for adults or couples. We picked the one for couples. There was a computer which generated random questions.

luckily the questions she asked me were not so intimate but I had to ask her if she is in love with me and if her notch count is more than 5.

She said she loves me and her notch count was lower than 5. The computer said she was lying about both.

It’s funny and I just wanted to share it with you. Do you think you can believe these detectors? I mean I guess her notch count is higher than 5 but why did she lie about her feelings then?
Or could it be a warning from god?
There's a machine in Washington that can detect a person's notch count. They connected John Anthony to it and it blew its fuse.