Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lessons learned from Colombia (a hitchhiker, was she a pro?, drink thrown in face...

finalstep

Reaction score
3 days in Cartagena, 2 days in San Andres, 3 days in Medellin, and 2 days in Bogota
Stats - 5 flags (would have had 7, but 2 got blocked by the hotel for not having id and weren't adventurous enough to get it on on the beach).

Highlight - picked up a hitchhiker who I picked up on a golf cart in San Andres

Worst **** block of my life - the girl was damn near my top 3, but showed up with a friend without telling me, I knew it was trouble right away. This was less than 4 hours before I had to leave to the airport, so I had to move fast but she didn't seem like the type to come back to the hotel right away. We went to a rooftop, got a bottle, her friend started chugging and before I knew it she was face down on the table. The girl I was with was a lot of fun, easy convo, great dancer, etc. 3 hours passed by without me noticing (her friend still passed out), and I told her I would have to head out soon hoping to turn into a last minute hotel invite. Instead she asked me to accompany her to the bathroom (which she did a few times that night, so I didn't think anything of it), this time however she pulled me in with her. Just as I was thinking this would be the best ending to any vacation i've had, her friend rose back from the dead, ran in after us and pulled me back by my shirt as I was closing the door to the stall.

Is this a slick pro, semi-pro, opportunist, or just a dumb ass? - In Medellin I took out a 19 year old (very solid 8). The night went well, but she was another dummy who didn't bring her id, so I couldn't get her into my hotel. It was raining like crazy, and we spent about 40 minutes knocking on other hotels trying to find one that didn't care. None would let us pass even when I offered a substantial "tip". As we are getting wet running from 1 place to another she keeps checking the time, so I ask why, and she tells me she only got a babysitter for so long and can't pay for more. Figured it can't be more than $10 I offered to pay for the babysitter for a couple hours, we finally found some dodgy motel, where they didn't want to let us in at first because I wasn't Colombian, but she talked them into it. We smashed and at the end she asked for 200,000 pesos to cover 2 hours of baby sitter costs (that comes out to about $30 USD per hour, I looked it up later and baby sitter there costs about $5/hour). I ended up giving her like 65,000 pesos, about $20 USD and called it a night. So back to my original question is it a pro, semi, or just a broke chick who saw an opportunity knowing she wasn't gonna see me again. This wasn't the first time it happened on this trip, another girl came to my hotel, we were supposed to meet here and go out after. She was barely a 6, so I made it clear that I didn't want to come out with her and just tried to hook up, at which point she asked for a "gift".

After reading the boards I was expecting to kill it in Medellin and Bogota and struggle in the first 2 spots, but it was completely the opposite. In Cartagena I was on fire (check out Mr. Babila!), had 3 of my 5 there (plus a bunch of makeouts) and all 3 were the hottest I had on this trip. I have a feeling this is because it was my first stop on the trip though and I was a lot more aggressive. I always do well at the start and end of my trips. Once I got too relaxed in San Andres I just wasn't approaching as aggressively as before and it cost me, something to think about.

Other things I learned:
1) Girls here are flakier than anywhere on planet earth (I've been to 40+ countries). It's actually ridiculous, I expected it to happen to some extent after reading data sheets here, but jesus christ, I think more than 50% cancelled the dates and many within 2 hours.

2) The entitlement here when it comes to guys paying is also bananas. Almost every girl expected me to pay for her taxi home, even the ones that did not come back to the hotel. I refused several times because I find that ridiculous (yes I know taxis cost next to nothing in Colombia, it's the principle...). One girl even tossed a drink in my face, first time it happened in my life, I know surprised it took this long as well.

3) Direct compliments here really work, negging does not at all, even when done in a very obviously joking manner.

4) I speak 0 Spanish and used a translator app for all of my dates. I've never done this before, but it worked surprisingly well. Outside of SE Asia my conversion here was some of the best I had. The trick was not to act like a dumb tourist, but rather focus all the early questions on the culture, eventually ask some bull**** about their family and values, and work from there.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any time women bring another, kick both out. Its different for you if you setup a three way with a bi chick you pickup girls with. Chalk it up to next set.

finalstep

Reaction score
Any time women bring another, kick both out. Its different for you if you setup a three way with a bi chick you pickup girls with. Chalk it up to next set.
Trust me I normally would, but this was a few hours before my flight and end of the trip, so I didn't have too many options, and she was really ****ing hot. Had she been a point lower I would have cut my losses and just gone to the club on my own, but in this case it was worth rolling the dice.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She knew exactly what you were up to which is why she brought her friend in the first place. Hot or ugly, you cut your losses when reality smacks you in the face that sex just ain’t gonna happen with her. You ended up working twice as hard and still didn’t get what you wanted.

finalstep

Reaction score
She knew exactly what you were up to which is why she brought her friend in the first place. Hot or ugly, you cut your losses when reality smacks you in the face that sex just ain’t gonna happen with her. You ended up working twice as hard and still didn’t get what you wanted.
eh but she did try to pull me into the bathroom lol, her friend interfered as it was happening. No way that was planned lol. It's easy to say that after the fact, but i've closed before in group situations.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me I normally would, but this was a few hours before my flight and end of the trip, so I didn't have too many options, and she was really ****ing hot. Had she been a point lower I would have cut my losses and just gone to the club on my own, but in this case it was worth rolling the dice.
100% i agree. Look, on your death bed when staring the angel of death down, you will have no regrets taking said approach.

Good stuff.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hotels that need an ID? WTF??

finalstep

Reaction score
How could you not know that?
They need an id from both people. I have not experienced that anywhere in the world, I mean with large chain hotels sure, but I never stay in those. This is a 3rd world country, and they were turning down extra money and everything, that was definitely a surprise.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
They need an id from both people. I have not experienced that anywhere in the world, I mean with large chain hotels sure, but I never stay in those. This is a 3rd world country, and they were turning down extra money and everything, that was definitely a surprise.
Which 3rd world country doesn't ask for an ID when registering into a hotel or even a motel ?

The night went well, but she was another dummy who didn't bring her id, so I couldn't get her into my hotel.
Once a man has registered and booked a hotel room, he can have visitors visiting him any time of the day throughout his stay there.

The only ID one needs is the security card for the lifts and room.

He has rented the room to do as he pleases, like fvcking a girl when he brings her there.

BTW nice troll post.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the gold standard everywhere, even in shiethole countries.

OP is trolling everyone here.
Wow these trolls are getting more and more elaborate...what kind of loser writes a troll post that's like a novel? Guess someone with nothing better to do in life.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn’t even of posted in this thread had the hotel thing not been weird. Lol
I’ve lived out of hotels in four month stretches before. Just one ID. The one paying. A passport normally.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Because no hotel I've ever stayed at needed multiple ID's, only the person checking in.
I meant how could HE not know that?

finalstep

Reaction score
Because no hotel I've ever stayed at needed multiple ID's, only the person checking in.
same here, that's not the case with colombia. They do not allow guests in without id. It's a law there, I looked it up after.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same here, that's not the case with colombia. They do not allow guests in without id. It's a law there, I looked it up after.
Sure OP...I think your "final step" should be to delete your account.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Uno...dos....*POOF*...finalstep disappears without a tres.

finalstep

Reaction score
Sure OP...I think your "final step" should be to delete your account.
lol ok this forum is clearly full of morons that would rather whine than take 2 seconds to google and learn something. back to roosh v