"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Les Liaisons Dangereuses: The Story of We…

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
This post brings us to the end of the road gentlemen… and what a journey it has been. This compilation of posts is a result of a whirlpool or thoughts and emotions… as well as an assortment of things occurring in my life respectively. I wish I had all of the answers gentlemen… life would probably be a lot easier that way. Or perhaps not… because the more questions you begin to answer… the more answers are required for those questions. Such is the paradox of knowledge gentlemen… but I digress.

To end this series, I decided to delve into the topic that many of our peers believe is a topic that is uncharted territory in the community, for whatever reason… this is a subject that has not been address to an expansive degree. What I am speaking of gentlemen is the concept of the relationship. Which many consider the completion of our quest in the pursuit of the female gender… but alas gentlemen… this is merely the beginning.

The relationship… is perhaps the most difficult and emotionally taxing out of all the human engagements. To all of those who believe that getting girls is the difficult part… you could not be more incorrect. It is keeping a woman that is the difficult part. This seems counterintuitive to many of us because many of us enter relationships for that stability and security… wrong answer. While in a relationship you may be around that woman for a longer period of time than with others… the security and stability are only there for as long as you can keep it. Which many of us have learned can be a short to extended period of time. The thing about relationships that many of us fail to realize is that you essentially have to seduce the same woman over and over again. This is again, counterintuitive because many of us get into relationships because we want to step away from the “game”… you just walked into a much more difficult game gentlemen.

With this is mind, remember that the most important lesson to remember before entering a relationship is to never become sedentary or languid in the relationship. In this relationship, it will be important that ways are discovered to keep the relationship fresh and feeling as if it just started. Moreover, remember that the longer the relationship spans… the more difficult it become to achieve this. It will not be necessary for you to scramble to recreate freshness all of the time (especially the longer it goes on), just every once and a while to keep everyone on their toes. Two quotes to remember in a relationship:

“Absence makes the heart grow fonder…”
“Familiarity breeds contempt…”

Many of us make the mistake of assuming that conversation is only important in the beginning stages of an engagement… this again could not be further from the truth. Look at it like this… count the number of conversations that you have with a girl between the first three dates… and now I want you to times that number by about six. That is how much more you and your partner will have to converse in your relationship. I cannot stress how important communication is to relationships gentlemen… because oftentimes it is the reason why a relationship comes to an end. Almost every problem that a relationship faces is usually a direct result of a lack of communication. So consider this the next time that you enter in a relationship… it is imperative that engage in a relationship with someone that you feel comfortable talking to about everything. Your girlfriend should in most cases be one of your closest friends, so if for some reason you believe otherwise… then you may consider another partner.

Lastly… in a relationship, it is important to remember this: There is no “me” in relationship. In a relationship… you and your partner become a unit… a group. This means that you function as a unit or else the relationship does not work. I am not saying that you must be attached at the hip. But like any good team, you and your partner must have outstanding chemistry with each other. Moreover, if you are going to be in a relationship, you will have to realize that you can no longer consider your feelings or just what you want to do. In the same breath, you must consider her feelings and what she wants to do.

Of course there is a lot more that goes into relationships gentlemen… but hopefully this will give you some beginning.

Speaking of which… everything that has a beginning must have an end and every end creates a new beginning. With that I introduce to you… E Pluribus Unum: Out of Many… One
 
Last edited:

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Great stuff Matrix...:)
 

Zoso

Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Zoso
I am saying that you must be attached at the hip.
Was there supposed to be a "not" in there? As I read it my mind wants to add one. I've seen couples that are almost literally attached at the hip, and the guy always looks like a very pvssy-whipped AFC.
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Originally posted by Zoso
Was there supposed to be a "not" in there? As I read it my mind wants to add one. I've seen couples that are almost literally attached at the hip, and the guy always looks like a very pvssy-whipped AFC.
Ha... yeah... a not is supposed to be in there... I wrote this at like 2:00 in the morning.
 

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 8, 2002
Messages
624
Reaction score
1
Location
New York City, USA
Interesting series of posts Matrix, fits in with my life nicely :D At the first few posts of the series, I was out trying to pick up chicks. About halfway through, I found a girl that had especially high IL in me, and a few weeks ago we started dating. Now, while we're dating, I get to read this post about the relationship itself, and I can tell it is going to help me out already.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Communication and Compromise.
 

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
656
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Buffalo, NY
Julian, think I'll ever use any of those tips?

Hah... you know how I know everything you wrote is so true? Because if relationships were easier than the chase... you and I would be in them right now, and one of us would be complaining about a lack of 'chase' =)
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Nice post. Sucks the series will be over but what the heck.

Tony, do you know Matrix (aka Julian) personally or are you guys just cool friends online?
 

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
656
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Buffalo, NY
Hmmm, how would you classify it Julian? We've never met, but I dont think we needed to. Were two guys at similar places in our lives who've made it a point to be there to kick the other in the ass when its needed... more often than not I get my ass kicked, but that is neither here nor there :)... I've met a few guys from the boards, one older poster is one of my best friends, BROWNdj... great guy.
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Yeah... we will probably meet in sometime during the near future and tear up the city of Buffalo, New York... ;)

That, and for the most part, I talk to a good amount of people from the forums ad nausem... so even though many of us have yet to meet... we are fairly close to each other.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by The Matrix: Reloaded
Yeah... we will probably meet in sometime during the near future and tear up the city of Buffalo, New York... ;)

That, and for the most part, I talk to a good amount of people from the forums ad nausem... so even though many of us have yet to meet... we are fairly close to each other.
Give me until the summer to get back home and I might just have to take a road trip to see what the fuss is all about in Buffalo. Though Julian and I tore up the UWA campus...Minus a dime. (inside joke)
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Lastly… in a relationship, it is important to remember this: There is no “me” in relationship.
This is again, counterintuitive because many of us get into relationships because we want to step away from the “game”… you just walked into a much more difficult game gentlemen.
Would like to add that there are bumps to be expected. What I was not ready for in my relationship was that there one day might be trouble. The first time I despaired and thought it was all over. Luckily, some voice in the far reaches of my head started whispering... "In the name of all the good times you had, you will keep fighting". And so I did and now I know. There will be trouble, be ready for it. Do not run away at the first sign of trouble. Nor the second, nor the third. If we are talking about small fights between you two (Not cheating etc) I would suggest you strive to make the relationship live. If you're still thinking about who's gonna dump who (we are in highschool... You know you think like that...) forget it. Don't even enter a relationship.

Good post.
 

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Messages
703
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Location
Brazil
Originally posted by crazykid
Give me until the summer to get back home and I might just have to take a road trip to see what the fuss is all about in Buffalo. Though Julian and I tore up the UWA campus...Minus a dime. (inside joke)
Oh well.
I guess I have to start buying dollars :D

BBB
 

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
669
Reaction score
2
Location
Australia
Interesting post matrix.

Is it just me.... because after reading that post, I am now SCARED of having romantic relationships with women, because I dont think I want to "operate as a unit" or have to make decisions as a "unit" rather than as an "individual".

Maybe I'm just weird.
 
Top