Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Legislation to eliminate the 40 hr work week

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Jim goes to work everyday and busts his tail and finishes his work in 8 hrs and goes home, he should not get paid less than Bob who comes to work everyday and takes 8 smoke breaks and milks the clock for an extra hour everyday to make up the time he wastes loligagging ...
I don’t understand this. A salary would mean that both people get paid the same amount regardless of how much work they do. Some jobs don’t have paid breaks. But a salary would imply that you get paid whether you are productive or not.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do we still have a 40 hour work week? Studies have shown that people who work 9 - 5 jobs actually only get about three hours of work done.
40 hours is 1/3rd of your time for five days a week.

Covid has shown that with the exception of a few fields (healthcare, perhaps) an 8 hr workday with commute is unnecessary. Many companies are performing just as well with remote workers working from home.
No crisis should go to waste and I’m hoping this is the one positive from covid.

One thing that needs to go to bring this to fruition is elimination of the hourly rate. Jobs should not be based on hours it should be based on productivity. All jobs should be salary, with an hourly rate added for over time.

If Jim goes to work everyday and busts his tail and finishes his work in 8 hrs and goes home, he should not get paid less than Bob who comes to work everyday and takes 8 smoke breaks and milks the clock for an extra hour everyday to make up the time he wastes loligagging ...
Thoughts?
Typically, production jobs are scoped out as requiring a certain amount of time to do; anyone that can't hack the quota is written up, and if he doesn't improve, he is terminated with cause. An auto-mechanic shop is paid per the job, so someone who is slower than required could make it up my doing unpaid overtime to finish his quota. Warehouse work - especially at Amazon - is like production work in this regard. White collar jobs aren't really production jobs, as the output is variable; that said, performance can be monitored in some manner, with any deadwood getting canned in the next layoff.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This crisis will go to waste, at least in my company. My boss openly told me, that he doesn't trust us and he wants us to be present in the company - there are some people of our stuff to blame, who are suddenly working overtime from home, but leaving the company strictly after eight hours when inhouse. But it was also a decision of our motherconcern to bring the people back in the office.
I take the attitude that if I'm paid for my time sitting at the desk, I'm only sitting at the desk for my 8-hour shift, and then I'm out the door!