learning guitar

addidasss

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm learning to play guitar. can anyone give me some tips or what article/ post in here that help me learn.

i remember one guy who wrote on guitar tips in here. now when i search 'guitar tips' i have so overwhelming info/posts that was not what i was looking for. i couldn't find the same post.

if anyone know any tips or posts of tips in here, please direct me.

thanks.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
Start off by playing songs first. They will keep you more motivated. Forget learning chords independantly by themselves, that is boring and you will almost always forget where your fingers are supposed to go.

Go to any guitar website and search for any of your favorite songs. Love songs in particular because it's the love songs that will enable you to learn the other chords that surround any key. You will notice a pattern and realize that every popular song follows the same damn formula. Start tonight. Print a sheet with pictures of the finger formation to the major chords and their minors. Do this and you will have learned all the chords and thier keys and some songs in one month as A WHOLE instead of a step by step formula.

addidasss

Don Juan
Reaction score
what would be a good dvd to buy so i can learn easily?

i'm having trouble with the F chord. my finger just won't press strong enough to produce crispy sound.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by addidasss

i'm having trouble with the F chord. my finger just won't press strong enough to produce crispy sound.
That's a problem for everyone when they first start playing. You need to build up the strength in your hand and fingers before you'll be able to get a perfect bar chord. It took me about 3 weeks of practice before I could get it to sound clear.

Practice it every day and eventually you'll have the strength to pull it off.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by addidasss

Print out chord guitar chords of songs you like (HarmonyCentral), then get yourself a good Guitar Chord book with pictures and clear diagrams. Guitar Center has some good DVD series for beginners.

After that, if you can afford it, and you really want to get decent as fast as possible, invest in a few guitar lessons. Totally worth it.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Both of my sons play guitar. They prefer learning songs using tabs. You should learn chords too, but tabs seem to make it easier to learn songs.

This is the site my boys use to get tabs:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/