Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Learn social skills or pay the price

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being handsome does not warrant being awkward or socially inept
If you don’t have any social skills and you don’t know how to talk to women you are in a world of trouble .
Being handsome alone will not save you
You must know how to escalate , pass test’s and maintain and even grow a woman’s love ,attraction and respect over time
If you’re an incel with no friends and social skills I highly suggest you go out and start developing them ,even if it kills you.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don’t have any social skills and you don’t know how to talk to women you are in a world of trouble .
You must know how to escalate , pass test’s and maintain and even grow a woman’s love ,attraction and respect over time
If you’re an incel with no friends and social skills I highly suggest you go out and start developing them ,even if it kills you.
Being good-looking is only a small part of the equation. It will def get you noticed, but that's about it. There was a recent thread about this in which I stated there are two reasons why you see good looking dudes alone:

1) No game, no social skills, straight awkward and weird (70%)
2) No craving to settle for one girl (30%)

You are now (and truth be told even in the past) you see normies with girls with way better aesthetics than them. The usual HB8+ with a random dude that makes you scratch your head. Those guys are most likely skilled on the social side of things to make up for their looks. And a small fraction of them simply have money and are being used.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Common sense

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly at this point my social life is more important to me than sex life. I am extremely introverted and yet, there is something satisfying about having interesting people in your life who you trust and respect, while not being afraid to meet new people and have new experiences.

Anyone have experience with Toastmasters or Improv? I'm thinking both of these would help. Pickup itself seems a bit limited for improving social skills.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree.

When I was younger, you might say that I was the male equivalent to the "dumb blonde." I didn't realize it back then, but I sure wasn't getting attention because I had game or a suave personality. This isn't to brag, but I didn't have the skills to come on to women and this is because they would usually make the overture. Again, this isn't to brag. I no longer have this magnitude.

I can say this now in retrospect.
As my hairline began to recede and approaching my early 30's, I also (temporarily) lost this former 'charmed life.' After going through a slump, I accepted things that I couldn't change worked on things that I could.

Although admittedly my zenith was during my late teens and twenties (I now have to put forth the effort)... I can say that looks do matter.. but not entirely. If we work with what we got (I'm no longer as handsome) we can still knock it out of the field.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pjater
Being good-looking is only a small part of the equation. It will def get you noticed, but that's about it. There was a recent thread about this in which I stated there are two reasons why you see good looking dudes alone:

1) No game, no social skills, straight awkward and weird (70%)
2) No craving to settle for one girl (30%)

You are now (and truth be told even in the past) you see normies with girls with way better aesthetics than them. The usual HB8+ with a random dude that makes you scratch your head. Those guys are most likely skilled on the social side of things to make up for their looks. And a small fraction of them simply have money and are being used.

Modern Man Advice
Player Supreme felt that he represents normal and average men. As a result he has to have strength in communication, strategy and charm and performs better than someone with only looks.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You would be surprised. If it were then the manosphere wouldn't exist. Give credit were due. Its a great topic.
Say hi to a cute girl daily. And anybody for that matter
What is saying hi daily going to do? I did that before and it did nothing for me and just made me feel like a social robot without much to say.

They used to have allot of threads in the 00s which were bootcamp threads where "newbie" participants were encouraged to do a number of various exercises, including eye-contact, locking, and eventually opening to number closing. People have just got tired of this since there are no longer any threads like that. Eye-contact exercises probably won't work today since everyone is glued to their phones.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good idea, so people can take advantage of you and take what little you have!

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True but by the time the man develops ”social skills”, the hot young fertile virgin is already pregnant by the genetically blessed.

Remember men, these women today have power, sexual freedom, sexual choices, are encouraged to sleep around just like men. I would recommend a man looks as good as possbile, gets a woman pregnant fast, and then begins working on whatever skills or job or friends or anything that can help him improve.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree.

When I was younger, you might say that I was the male equivalent to the "dumb blonde." I didn't realize it back then, but I sure wasn't getting attention because I had game or a suave personality. This isn't to brag, but I didn't have the skills to come on to women and this is because they would usually make the overture. Again, this isn't to brag. I no longer have this magnitude.

I can say this now in retrospect.
As my hairline began to recede and approaching my early 30's, I also (temporarily) lost this former 'charmed life.' After going through a slump, I accepted things that I couldn't change worked on things that I could.

Although admittedly my zenith was during my late teens and twenties (I now have to put forth the effort)... I can say that looks do matter.. but not entirely. If we work with what we got (I'm no longer as handsome) we can still knock it out of the field.
Looking good gets your foot in the door, but you need good social skills to stay. It doesn't matter if you look like a young leonardo Dicaprio, if you're really socially awkward eventually she will get tired of it.

I get plenty of dates but I have always struggled to maintain a relationship due to my personality

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn’t just apply to women. As we bury our faces in cell phones and countless apps, in-person social interaction is an endangered species.
Many non-bar approaches are difficult to do with technology. Go to a walking or hiking path. Observe how many women wear earbuds. Same is true on the general gym floor. I've even seen earbuds in the grocery store, which I never saw before 2016.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Observe how many women wear earbuds.
I've never approached a female wearing headphones. This actually affects the outcome negatively? I would think it would show more confidence/boldness approaching them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never approached a female wearing headphones. This actually affects the outcome negatively? I would think it would show more confidence/boldness approaching them.
Earbuds/headphones are meant to discourage approaches. They do that well. If you want to approach on a general gym floor now, you're likely going to need to approach someone wearing earbuds/headphones. Walking/hiking paths are getting that way too + you're competing with a woman's dog in a lot of cases. Millennials (1982-1996 births) are well known to be the most pet crazed generation ever. Single, unattached women are more likely to be pet owners than single, unattched men. Dogs are possible cocck blocks too as the woman may be less attentive to the approach. I would say that earbuds/headphones are a bigger discourager of approaches than a dog, though the combination of the two factors make outdoor approaching more difficult.

Yes, earbuds/headphones will affect an outcome negatively. When you approach someone with wearing those, they are already annoyed that you disrupted them. It becomes interruptive marketing rather than permissive marketing, unless you happen to get a good IOI from someone wearing earbuds/headphones, which isn't that common.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly at this point my social life is more important to me than sex life. I am extremely introverted and yet, there is something satisfying about having interesting people in your life who you trust and respect, while not being afraid to meet new people and have new experiences.

Anyone have experience with Toastmasters or Improv? I'm thinking both of these would help. Pickup itself seems a bit limited for improving social skills.
toastmasters can be good or one of the big service clubs. a few churches will culturally force men into learning some skills.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to play the game. Sales and negotiation is essential to business and you always have to look for signs of respect/disrespect. Sometimes you have to do things that people will not initially agree with so you have to maneuver around them. Sometimes you follow the rules, sometimes you have to break the rules if the so called rules are bs. It's a game.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is saying hi daily going to do? I did that before and it did nothing for me and just made me feel like a social robot without much to say.
the whole idea behind the exercise is to become comfortable talking to women.