Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lcd Tv

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How interesting. Look at Best Buy's list of Blu-ray players. The cheapest one they offer is $399. There are 5 models in the $399 bracket. And you know what? The PS3 is one of those. The only features that the PS3 is lacking compared to the higher priced players is that it can't play HD-DVD. Also it can't play H.264 encodes like .MKV files. But it might be able to in the future with a software update.

IMO there are two options for those that want a Blu-ray player. If you are a gamer buy a PS3 for $399 (you can find some great deals on eBay for a used higher end model for cheaper.

Or wait until the cost of the standalone Blu-ray players goes way down.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Max you are correct that the ps3 is the best bR-player since that was there sole purpose of putting it in the damn thing in the first place. The updates are very very good on the ps3 as upposed to having to burn a damn dvd to upgrade the stand alone players which is pretty cheap in my opinion. But since BR's been going down the sh1tter lately since there prices are so high and no good movies I think we will see a stand alone player or at least the ps3 have a price cut for the majority of people.