Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lcd Tv

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well i just purchased my first 47" 1080p LCD! pretty excited. cant wait to hook up the xbox 360 or pop in my niptuck dvd set!

should i go out and buy a HDMI Cord or is there really a difference between that and the component cable??

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
well i just purchased my first 47" 1080p LCD! pretty excited. cant wait to hook up the xbox 360 or pop in my niptuck dvd set!

should i go out and buy a HDMI Cord or is there really a difference between that and the component cable??
Fantastic sir! I've enjoyed my 44" plasma immensely. I can say WITH CERTAINTY that the optical cable (HDMI cable) makes a world of difference, especially if you play DVDs through a player that is not enabled for HD. They're a bit pricey (about $100 US) but well worth the money spent. Get the cable. :up:

Last edited:

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
Fantastic sir! I've enjoyed my 44" plasma immensely. I can say WITH CERTAINTY that the optical cable (HDMI cable) makes a world of difference, especially if you play DVDs through a player that is not enabled for HD. They're a bit pricey (about $100 US) but well worth the money spent. Get the cable. :up:
MY DVD player isnt HD nor does it have a component input either. how do you hook up a dvd player that isnt enabled for HD to a HDTV?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
bigjohnson said:
You open your wallet and get a new DVD player.
Blunt was true.

Luckily your 360 is a built in high def dvd player. Or if it's the core system, you can pickup the high def player for $170 I think.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say for a DVD player that IS enabled for HD.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im worried about playing dvds on the 360. ring of death myth i hear. the 360 im picking up after work today but i guess if its not an issue i can save myself money and just use the 360 for dvds.

have you heard anything about the 360 crashing after playing too many dvds?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HDMI cables are how you get your moneys worth out of your 2000$ tv. Theyre 50$, not 100. Buy either a blu ray player or buy a dvd player that up converts, itll only play in 1080i put its hard to notice the difference. As far as the xbox goes...again, buy the hdmi cable they have. The component cable on gives you a better picure while the sound is still in stereo. I used to work at sears...so i know what im talking about.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
im worried about playing dvds on the 360. ring of death myth i hear. the 360 im picking up after work today but i guess if its not an issue i can save myself money and just use the 360 for dvds.

Go out and buy an up converting dvd player, theyre not too expensive. You can get one for 60 -80$.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even my cable will work up to 1080i. whats the point of 1080p if nothing services that quailty?

upconverting i keep running into, but dont know what that means.??

i have seen HDMI cords on sale anywhere from 29-200.00

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
even my cable will work up to 1080i. whats the point of 1080p if nothing services that quailty?

upconverting i keep running into, but dont know what that means.??

i have seen HDMI cords on sale anywhere from 29-200.00
It depends on the source you use. Up converting DVD player will up convert from 480i/480p/720p to 1080i max, but with a blu ray player youll get the full 1080p. If you dont feel like shelling out 350$ for blu ray, an up converting dvd player will run you about 80, even less depending on what you buy. Also, tv shows arent in 1080p (doubt they told you that) yet, just 1080i. Its gonna be another 2-3 years until thye cast full HD. You dont need a 100-200$ HDMI cable, buy one from RCA for 60 or one from phillips for about 80. PS3 and im pretty sure XBOX work with 1080p.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds nice man.

I've got a 32 inch Polaroid LCD HDTV and I love it.

Xbox 360 and Wii games look wicked on it.

I bought the component cables from Nintendo for the Wii and the 360 comes with em already.

Edit: Yeah I can absolutely confirm that Xbox 360 can do 1080p.

There was a dashboard update over Xbox Live that gave it that capability.

Before this I think it was only able to do 1080i and the lesser video quality numbers before that.

Edit #2: As for the red ring of death I believe Microsoft is still offering a free repair for that problem until the end of this year or it may be August of this year. I'm not sure but all I know is I got mine fixed for free under their three year warranty plan for the red ring of death. They are offering this because they fear the class action lawsuit that would likely happen over this problem if they didn't offer this free fix. I'd suggest you check Wikipedia or the Xbox.com site to find out exactly how long this free repair for the red ring of death problem is going to last.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a killer sub system in my car and all I have to say is if you want the full effect of the system you're buying, you better invest in a cord that can handle it.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
update..

i bought a upconverter dvd player last night that will upconvert my 300+ dvds i own. it upconverted all of them up to 1080P. looks very nice!!

im still having issues with my tv connected to my cable though. the picture looks worse than my normal tube tv. it reads at 1080I but only SOME channels look good. most look horrible. my cable company gave me an hd dvr box and took my standard box back, but im wanderin if i have to purchase the hd service along with the box.

kinda pissed about the picture. i would think if they give you an hd box you automatically get the hd.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most stations on the air right now are analog...which means that they are going to look like sh1t on a High Def TV. When we go to all digital channels we all might see a marked improvment but nowhere near what a HD-source picture looks like, but then again if you havent calibrated your TV yet you still arent getting anywhere near the picture quality you should be getting.

I was wondering about some things
1. What kind of up convert player you get? Hopefully it wasnt some cheapy Wal-Mart brand....the best Up-Convert player out there right now is OPPO....and whats good about them is they GIVE you a free HDMI cable.
2. What brand is your TV? and why did you buy a 1080p tv....seems senseless to me since OLED, and backlit lcd's and 3d HD are coming out soon, but your loss.
3. Plus just cause HD-DVD is being phased out doesnt mean you cant take advantage of the movies out now, I just bought Legend,Top Gun,all 3 bournes,Reaping,both Mummy's,American Gangster, Transformers,The thing, Beowulf, Serenity,Shawn of Dead,all the harry potters and the shining for less then 200.

4. IF you decide to get a BR player make sure you get the Panasonic ...its the best one out right now it might cost 500 but the other BR players are very very crappy.

ohh and ps remember to calibrate your TV

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HDMI cables are $7 not $50, not $100. There is no such thing as a high quality HDMI cable. I got a very cheap HDMI cable and the sound and picture quality are excellent. It's not possible for the quality to not be good. New Egg

When it comes to Blu-ray, the best one is the PS3. And it always will be. Never mind the fact that you get a video game system with your player. It is also upgradeable due to network updates.

The 360 can play HD-DVD movies but you need to buy the $50 HD-DVD player attachment.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet man.

HDTV's are awesome for gaming.

I've got a 32 inch Polaroid LCD HDTV and 360 looks amazing on it in 1080p.

I've got the Wii component cables and that goes 480p.

DavenJuan said:

The red ring of death is unfortunately not a myth with it.

Mine has RROD twice and my buddies recently broke down and got sent out because it would no longer play games or movies but the dashboard would load.

360 as a console is a piece of sh!t but it has great games and is awesome when it is working.

The RROD problem got so bad and so widespread Microsoft issued a free three year company warranty for specifically the RROD problem meaning whoever gets it and sends their 360 in to be fixed gets it fixed for free until I think August of this year.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
When it comes to Blu-ray, the best one is the PS3. And it always will be.
I highly doubt that. Its ludacris to believe that the best blu ray player has been made and that none will superceed it. However, its a better deal cause you get to play madden and COD4 and f*ck sh*t up.