Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lady Luck hates me

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear to God every time I meet a girl I actually like, I just get f*cked by some horrendous luck beyond my control. It's getting so old now, my confidence is really going down the toilet lately tbh.

This is why it kind of makes me laugh that I'm still a virgin. Because I've "dated" like 10x more girls than my friends put together, but every time it starts to go somewhere I get torpedo'd by some epic BS. They talk like I'm a newb around girls even though I've got far more clue than they have, the difference is that they don't get this nonsense happening to them all the time.

My friend dated 1 chick and got with her. Same with my other buddy. Not me though...just a ton of dates and a ton of crap. Here's some stories from the last couple of years:

- My last ex got herpes a week before we first met. Bad luck, sucked a lot at the time but I broke up, moved on.

- Over the next 2 years work was so busy I couldn't really date. Even so I dated at least 4 girls, all of whom were kinda nuts so didn't go beyond first date.

- Met a cool girl, she had someone in her family die a week later and moved away.

- Met another cool girl, she moved back to Sweden after a week.

- Now another 3 first dates, all kinda mediocre so they didn't go anywhere.

- Finally just met this really sweet chick like 3 weeks back. First date was awesome, felt like I had an actual connection for once. Kissed, some hand holding, sexual innuendo. She was hitting me up for another date but I was completing a doctoral project that took me four years.

Now I've earned my doctorate, hit her up 2 weeks after our date and she's been "seeing someone" since last week. Like...I was ONE WEEK from scoring with this awesome chick, but no...I take a single week out to earn a f*cking Doctorate and immediately some unemployed Chad somehow leapt in and got the first date bang. Uggghhhhh!

Sorry guys, just frustrated as f*ck atm. I need some luck to come my way with the ladies, I'm not sure I can be bothered to go through all the first date sh*t again for the 500th time now. I'm so tired of hearing about all some girl's interests and and life story when it's not going to go anywhere. It's literally my only experience of dating for the last 2 years.

Last edited:

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeez what a whinepost this was.
Sorry guys, I just had to vent really.

I think earning the doctorate was very stressful and this was the icing on the cake. I should be happy I’m a dr, not whining over some chick.

You can always go the richardthefrog route and hire a woman @ seeking arrangement..
Nah, I’m just starting to see real results and improvements with my game, I think doing this would turn me into an entitled jerk.

Less being a little b*tch now, more going to the gym and relishing my freedom.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats on the doctorate bro! You'll be fine just relax a little. You are probably trying too hard on dates and its being notoced by the women. Just wait til you start talking with all the hot pharmaceutical reps that start coming in. Those chicks are always good to go...whatever they gotta do to sell those drugs

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Earning a doctorate will do far more for your life and well-being in the long run than being with any of these women will. Least of all one who can't wait a couple of weeks while you finish studying. It's not worth being with someone like that anyway. You've said yourself, it's sometimes actually nothing to do with luck. It's far more to do with the quality of women you're going with. You're 27 years old. Go out and just have fun. You're still going to meet some weird people along the way, but you will become a lot more discerning in the next 5-10 years. And that really is the message. Don't invest too much in someone after a couple of weeks or even months. Become discerning. Screen everyone in your life, continuously, not just women. It's the only way to learn true self-respect; which is the one factor that underpins all interpersonal interaction.

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I feel a little better about this now. I don't know why it p*ssed me off so much. My ego should be stronger than that.

The worst thing is "losing" to guys who are d*uches just because they were lucky enough to be convenient, not because they're better than me. In the last few years I've lost girls I've started dating to cokeheads, deadbeats and unemployed layabouts simply because I was working very hard for my future while they were free to go and get drunk with the chick on a Friday. I guess I have to judge the women in these scenarios as unworthy of my attention anyway - to sleep with such a guy they must be low value at the end of the day.

Hopefully I'm playing the long game. A few years and I should be pretty jacked, hopefully in a good career and free to do what I want with my spare time.

Regardless of all this semi-negativity, I'm going to focus on self improvement (PhD has made me fat) and getting laid. Even if I'm not hugely into the next girl, it will cheer me up from this constant BS cycle of almost-but-HAHA-game-over.

Don't invest too much in someone after a couple of weeks or even months. Become discerning. Screen everyone in your life, continuously, not just women. It's the only way to learn true self-respect; which is the one factor that underpins all interpersonal interaction.
Very wise words, and also true on the fact she couldn't wait a week. No matter how cool she seemed on that night, clearly she's not exactly LTR material.

I think my problem is that the doctorate made me extremely isolated. I've spent 4 years solid Monk Mode (aside from one doomed relationship that stressed me the f*ck out) and so I relish human contact. Makes me vulnerable to letting sh*tty people into my life I guess.

Congrats on the doctorate bro! You'll be fine just relax a little. You are probably trying too hard on dates and its being notoced by the women. Just wait til you start talking with all the hot pharmaceutical reps that start coming in. Those chicks are always good to go...whatever they gotta do to sell those drugs
Hahaha there's actually truth in this, I still remember meeting a smoking hot recruitment rep a few years ago, I think the companies deliberately send the cutest chicks to push their products...!

Last edited: