Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lacking Chemistry w/ Hottie

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said recently. If it's not too long ago, why don't you simply ask her if she's up for a second date? If she says yes, you can be 75% sure she's interested.

Never judge or decide if and how you and a woman will match before you fecked her. After fecking her the real game starts.

There's def some type of interest there. I just don't want it to be the free lunch/dinner kind. Which this very well may be.

I haven't told her anything yet. Just left it up in the air and I haven't reach out to her.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said recently. If it's not too long ago, why don't you simply ask her if she's up for a second date? If she says yes, you can be 75% sure she's interested.

Never judge or decide if and how you and a woman will match before you fecked her. After fecking her the real game starts.
She'll def agree to another date. I'll put $100 right now on that. The issue is as stated earlier it could be just to get another free outing for her.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve experienced this as I’m old enough for those classroom reunions.
15 years+ is a long time, so set the clock back to zero.
Treat her like any new girl as the same rules and dating technics apply..

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you gave us a good description on the first and second date.

If she said she's interested in another date, I would count that as interest. You already did an advance so she knows what to expect. If she had no interest in being intimate, she wouldn't mention another date.

What I think it could be is that she wants you.... LONG TERM. She's just playing a little hard to get so to not look like a h0e. At her age she is trying to find a husband. Play it slow and smoothly and bang her. Then you can tell her you're not interest in settling. I think you should be direct with girls after 30 so they don't waste the last couple of years of their attractiveness in vain.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never had sex with her and I figured why not try again. But now I see it's not gonna be as easy as I assumed.
Do you have any interest in an LTR with her at this point?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can take her out without spending a ton of money.

It's not the amount that's a problem. It's the principle.

Are you not feelin it or is it more about you're afraid of getting played?

I was gonna shut up but I am seriously confused now.
How about both. 1, I don't want to waste time with someone who I'm not compatible with and/or 2, waste time with someone who is just using me for a free time.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I edited my post asking if the two things might be related somehow. So fair enough.

I know the guys don't agree but I think you should just move on from this one. There's nothing good or positive here, and even if she did agree to the bang (massive IF), it would likely suck because again you're just not "feelin it."

Sexual chemistry cannot be forced, I truly believe that even though I realize some men (perhaps most) don't.
I understand what you're saying, but it seems like OP is on a mission, and we as spectators can tell he might be getting there actually. These experiences can be great lessons for a man.

I read there was a second date already while I assumed it was their first date ,that might change things a little bit.

Still , the fact OP went in for the kiss leaves some room for another try and possibly get a bang from a seemingly quality woman...he can ask her to straight up meet at his place (with the notion of going somewhere) and gauge her reaction. Even if he asks for just another date she'll know what's up . Third time's a charme, like they say in the UK. Meet up one more time and go in with obvious sexual intentions.

But if he ain't feeling it ,then there's no need to make a fuzz about it and he can simply forget about her and move on.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks @Gamisch I am trying to understand what you're saying too, however re what's bolded, he has mentioned several times he's not feelin it and as I said earlier that is what my opinion is based on.

Since genuine chemistry is typically mutual (it's an energy after all which goes beyond looks etc), my guess is SHE isn't feelin it either. Energy has a way of bouncing back and forth between two people like that. That is my belief through experience.

So his fear about her only being interested in a free meal (and attention and validation) is certainly warranted.

But I will shut up now and let you guys talk. Just giving a different perspective that's all.

Nite.
Yeah , most of the time when people say these things they'll speak at least their own truth. There's no fire without smoke..

Only OP was there and truly knows why he suspects her of getting a free meal. We would almost have to see a video recording to make a fair judgement.

The truth might be somewhere in the middle of his suspicion and how do you as a man actually play the game of seduction once she's with you. Would be a shame if he misses out on this due being too negative.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’ve had partners that started as FNL’s. It does not always signal bad behavior - often? Sure. In my case my game was from OLD, we’d talked many times and often did video calls, so it’s not like we just met.

I’ve also been in situations where I’ve moved to sex with a woman I was lukewarm about. Often she was very attractive objectively but there was something off. In these cases without fail afterwards they raved about our chemistry, how weird it was to feel that way and while it’s endearing, I didn’t feel it. It’s a two way street. Those situations ended after a few meets.

I cannot agree that men feel chemistry as a result of only attractiveness, maybe some do?

It takes all types.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah , most of the time when people say these things they'll speak at least their own truth. There's no fire without smoke..

Only OP was there and truly knows why he suspects her of getting a free meal. We would almost have to see a video recording to make a fair judgement.

The truth might be somewhere in the middle of his suspicion and how do you as a man actually play the game of seduction once she's with you. Would be a shame if he misses out on this due being too negative.
If I can peel back another layer to this, she doesnt live anywhere close to me so it's a hassle to meet up with her, almost anywhere. That adds to me thinking to just move onto the next one who I vibe better with.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't feel it ya don't feel it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I can peel back another layer to this, she doesnt live anywhere close to me so it's a hassle to meet up with her, almost anywhere. That adds to me thinking to just move onto the next one who I vibe better with.
Women who cast wide geographical nets can be troublesome. Assuming she lives in the Metroplex, why can't she find someone suitable within a 15-20 minute drive? Is she looking for a "perfect non-threatening prince charming" who doesn't exist?

30-something, childless, lukewarm physical interest, platonic pseudo love-bombing. Lots of red flags here to begin with.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about both. 1, I don't want to waste time with someone who I'm not compatible with and/or 2, waste time with someone who is just using me for a free time.
ask her out for drinks tell her youve put a curry in the slow cooker at yours if she would like the offer of light food after the drinks,

its worked twice for me recently saying it like that

the good thing about this is High interest women will be EASY

women open doors for men they are interested in

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP you need to screen this woman a little better

She is 36 & childless how long exactly has she been on the shelf ? which then leads to the next next question

WHY is she still on the shelf despite being as you claim physically attractive

This is an issue most women go through as they leave their glory years behind 18-25 , they have 7-8 years of men bending over backwards to get them into bed they don't really need to be " interesting" or conversational its all very surface level

they just need to look pretty

The problems arise when they reach their early 30's and are still single , men are no longer that dumbstruck by their appearance and its a very difficult & bitter pill for them to swallow

All of a sudden men are taking them out on dates and they have little to converse about because they've never really learned how to have a deep conversation

in all honesty most women's lives In this age range are very very boring

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, women that dont kiss on 2nd date, are not going to put out or at least nothing thats worth the squeeze.

What i would do:

Invite her to your place, say you gonna cook something for her.

If she is just about free drinks/dinner, this will turn her off and she will eject.

Also, its time to escalate and coming to your place, should imply that to her.
The fact that she lives not near to your place, will check her interest in you and weed her out if she cant be bothered to make the effort to come to your place.

If she comes to your place and things keep being awkward, just tell her you dont feel a connection and show her the way out in a polite way.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were thinking with the wrong head. Bang her first, worry about compatibility after.
This way of thinking has merit. Women are the gatekeepers to sex and men are the gatekeepers to extended relationships.

I've recently reconnected with a girl I met in college, 15 years ago who is my age, single and kidless.

She reached out to me via SM. After some back and forth, we then agreed to go out. When I saw her, I realized she hadn't really aged much and she had a banging body. I was pleasantly surprised which instantly put me in the "hmm I'd like to do more than catch up" mode.
This sounds appealing in a certain way. From social media, I am aware of some women who I found hot in college who have retained their looks into their mid to late-30s. I can envision scenarios in which I'd find this type of interaction appealing.

This has never happened to me. This is due to now living far from where I went to college. Additionally, it is exciting to have someone initiate with you first.

There was an episode of "Seinfeld" where a major plotline was re-connecting with a hottie from college around age 40. A second chance with a "it girl" from back in the day does have some appeal to a lot of men.

While at the pub, we had a few drinks, talked about life and how we're both doing well financially, and open to settling down. After the "date", we both suggested to going out again. A couple of weeks later, we go out again. This time I picked her up at her house and we went to a restaurant. Again she was looking super cute. But on this date I realized we didn't have a whole lot in common as far as activities went, topics to talk about and before I knew it, there were some periods of awkward silence. I was thinking it's too early to already be struggling with thinking of what to say. On the drive back to her house to drop her off, I figured I'd make a move regardless and go from there. So I did and she was very mildly receptive. She did not invite me in and said to have a goodnight. She then texts me saying she had a great time and can't wait to see me again. But even if she did have a great time and wants to see me again, I'm just not feeling it. And it irritates me because she's really effing cute, just not many commonalities to continue engaging in dates that may likely end like this last one.

Thoughts, ideas or experience in how to push through this? I was thinking of inviting her out on a date where we're actually doing something like bowling or Top Golf that way we don't have to talk as much.
This is one of those "meh"/gray area type situations.

It's not good that about 2 weeks elapsed between a first and second date. That can be interpreted as a lack of seriousness.

I do think the way @jaymbrs felt about her in college 15 years ago is effecting the situation now. 15 years ago, I sense there was a big desire to bang. While she's still attractive today, there's a feeling of a bit of a let down because of the long term desire, even as it has been simmering in the background for the past 15 years while banging other women. Men in their 30s-40s often have a woman like this from their past, a woman where we would have liked something to have happened but it never did.

I think it would be worth one more date based on the history and the circumstances. If nothing changes, then end it because you're not feeling it.

I like active dates too. The woman has interest in you and I don't get a major sense that she's going out with you for free stuff. However, there are signs that this prospect might not have long term value. A lot of this does depend on what you desire out of the interaction.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently reconnected with a girl I met in college, 15 years ago who is my age, single and kidless. She reached out to me via SM. After some back and forth, we then agreed to go out.
Reconnecting is HARD because in 15 years A LOT happens. So yeah you gotta have an informational date to find out what has changed with the person you knew 15 years ago. Also in that time you tend to idealize the person by remembering the good parts while the reality is distorted by time. Usually the ravages of time in terms of weight and skin elasticity helps bring those back to the forefront.

This time I picked her up at her house and we went to a restaurant. Again she was looking super cute. But on this date I realized we didn't have a whole lot in common as far as activities went, topics to talk about and before I knew it, there were some periods of awkward silence. I was thinking it's too early to already be struggling with thinking of what to say. On the drive back to her house to drop her off, I figured I'd make a move regardless and go from there.

Thoughts, ideas or experience in how to push through this? I was thinking of inviting her out on a date where we're actually doing something like bowling or Top Golf that way we don't have to talk as much.
Use the silence to up the sexual tension...if your goal is to seduce her. Kino and eye contact.

I'm reminded of the awkward meeting/date from the movie Fargo...

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The roles have reversed. The guy use to be the one pursuing and the girl was the one not feeling it... now he's the one not feeling it and shes pursing. This cycle must end.... somehow... 

When she was younger, she probably told her friends about meeting a really nice guy, but their wasn't any chemistry...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reconnecting is HARD because in 15 years A LOT happens. So yeah you gotta have an informational date to find out what has changed with the person you knew 15 years ago. Also in that time you tend to idealize the person by remembering the good parts while the reality is distorted by time. Usually the ravages of time in terms of weight and skin elasticity helps bring those back to the forefront.

Use the silence to up the sexual tension...if your goal is to seduce her. Kino and eye contact.

I'm reminded of the awkward meeting/date from the movie Fargo...

That scene isn't TOO far off from the actual dates besides the whole creep vibe thing. But the dynamic seemed pretty transactional and just asking questions just to ask them.

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently reconnected with a girl I met in college, 15 years ago who is my age, single and kidless. She reached out to me via SM. After some back and forth, we then agreed to go out. When I saw her, I realized she hadn't really aged much and she had a banging body. I was pleasantly surprised which instantly put me in the "hmm I'd like to do more than catch up" mode. While at the pub, we had a few drinks, talked about life and how we're both doing well financially, and open to settling down. After the "date", we both suggested to going out again. A couple of weeks later, we go out again. This time I picked her up at her house and we went to a restaurant. Again she was looking super cute. But on this date I realized we didn't have a whole lot in common as far as activities went, topics to talk about and before I knew it, there were some periods of awkward silence. I was thinking it's too early to already be struggling with thinking of what to say. On the drive back to her house to drop her off, I figured I'd make a move regardless and go from there. So I did and she was very mildly receptive. She did not invite me in and said to have a goodnight. She then texts me saying she had a great time and can't wait to see me again. But even if she did have a great time and wants to see me again, I'm just not feeling it. And it irritates me because she's really effing cute, just not many commonalities to continue engaging in dates that may likely end like this last one.

The awkward silences may be an indicator of low interest on her part, because she's not making an effort to carry the conversation.

In any case, I'd focus more on body language and cooperation/lack thereof than anything she says.