Kody's Bootcamp

kody_starr

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I did the eye contact exercise also. Not for an hour, but it was part of my day yesterday. All I can say is, most people are VERY reluctant to make eye contact. As in, they avoid it if at all possible.

And if they do make eye contact, it is extremely fleeting. As in, a millisecond. If you hold eye contact, and they see you smiling precisely at the millisecond they dare to look, they will smile back with relief. People must think eye contact is shady these days. Or they lack confidence. Or something.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well from what I've observed, The people who don't look you in the eye when you're talking to them, shaking their hand, etc. are insecure. I was raised to look someone in the eye because it shows that you aren't intimidated by them and that you are a confident person. It's very unnatractive when you're talking to someone and they don't look you face to face because it gives you the feeling that they aren't giving you their undivided attention. If you're talking to someone you're fond of, always smile when you're looking at them. This isn't usually someone you want to beat up, so lighten up. I look everyone i meet in the eye, and having a happy expression shows them that you want to get to know them and that you aren't a threat