Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Kind of in a dating slump

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
I hope u realise that the pulling power and staying power of a man r 2 different things
My only concern is pulling, I don't care for keeping them around long term, after I fvck I can care less if I keep them or not.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

For some reason I’m having a difficult time dating younger. I’m on tinder and another app called bumble and it seems like it’s always the older girls that I match with.

Another thing that has been taking me some time to get confidence with is that my hair was thinning pretty bad so I buzzed it off. I have facial hair but still trying to develop a good style that I feel good about.

Any advice on how to attract these younger girls? And I’m going to search the past threads for this, just thought I’d ask while I was replying to your comment
Tinder and bumble are a death knell if you are in your late 30s like I am. As soon as I hit 37, my match count dropped like a rock. Women can really pick any ages they want , so unless they have a thing for older guys, you won't even show up on their searches. I got rid of tinder a while ago, and hardly use bumble anymore. All of the dating sites are garbage now anyway. Too much 'selection' is actually making it harder...at least for guys like myself

I don't have any solid advice for dating younger women. I think a lot of that has to do with where you live. If you live in a rural area like me, good luck. Your better off being somewhere with a real population of single women. In that case, just meet up with the women who don't care about age, of which there are plenty of.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder and bumble are a death knell if you are in your late 30s like I am. As soon as I hit 37, my match count dropped like a rock. Women can really pick any ages they want , so unless they have a thing for older guys, you won't even show up on their searches. I got rid of tinder a while ago, and hardly use bumble anymore. All of the dating sites are garbage now anyway. Too much 'selection' is actually making it harder...at least for guys like myself

I don't have any solid advice for dating younger women. I think a lot of that has to do with where you live. If you live in a rural area like me, good luck. Your better off being somewhere with a real population of single women. In that case, just meet up with the women who don't care about age, of which there are plenty of.
This is something I think a lot about. I feel like a lot of the young girls won't give you a chance if they see your age. While I'm sure this will be refuted, I like about my age and then if I want a relationship with a girl tell her the truth after I banged her.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something I think a lot about. I feel like a lot of the young girls won't give you a chance if they see your age. While I'm sure this will be refuted, I like about my age and then if I want a relationship with a girl tell her the truth after I banged her.
If they see your age on a site like match, yeah that can be more of a hindrance than anything else. That is just reality. If you are in shape, and look okay, you can bypass this if you meet them in person where age isn't as apparent. This is where social circle game, or just cold approaches are needed.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The premise of the OP is the source of the problem, not the "slump" itself. By stating you are in a slump, it is placing an importance on dating. Dating is an unimportant, trivial, leisure activity which should not be prioritized as part of a mans life. I am not saying that it is the priority, but the mere fact of having a slump would indicate that the OP places a certain amount of value on it.

For example, I havent had any alcohol in two weeks. Am I going to say, "man,I need to get wasted" or "it's been a while, I should get a drink."

Additionally, if I am feeling down about possi ly getting fired, do I sit around and say "man, this sucks. I might get fired." Or sit around and wallow in all of the possible effects of the termination?

The answer to both is "no". This is important to understand, because when the object (person, place,or thing) of your motivations allows your core to become disrupted, it give that very object the power to control you. Learn to control the objects in your life and influence those which are not to relegate "slumps" to the lesser men that will ride the victim card to a miserable life and death.

This is not breaking news for anyone, but nature is difficult and miserable, and it's your job to find ways to make the best of it. You cant create the best life for yourself if your priorities are not in the correct order.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

For some reason I’m having a difficult time dating younger. I’m on tinder and another app called bumble and it seems like it’s always the older girls that I match with.

Another thing that has been taking me some time to get confidence with is that my hair was thinning pretty bad so I buzzed it off. I have facial hair but still trying to develop a good style that I feel good about.

Any advice on how to attract these younger girls? And I’m going to search the past threads for this, just thought I’d ask while I was replying to your comment
Much much easier to gain attraction with younger females in person than OLD. Are you confident enough to go to bars by yourself? Are you confident opening a set of two all by yourself? Are you scared of rejection?

Adk98

Don Juan
Reaction score
The premise of the OP is the source of the problem, not the "slump" itself. By stating you are in a slump, it is placing an importance on dating. Dating is an unimportant, trivial, leisure activity which should not be prioritized as part of a mans life. I am not saying that it is the priority, but the mere fact of having a slump would indicate that the OP places a certain amount of value on it.

For example, I havent had any alcohol in two weeks. Am I going to say, "man,I need to get wasted" or "it's been a while, I should get a drink."

Additionally, if I am feeling down about possi ly getting fired, do I sit around and say "man, this sucks. I might get fired." Or sit around and wallow in all of the possible effects of the termination?

The answer to both is "no". This is important to understand, because when the object (person, place,or thing) of your motivations allows your core to become disrupted, it give that very object the power to control you. Learn to control the objects in your life and influence those which are not to relegate "slumps" to the lesser men that will ride the victim card to a miserable life and death.

This is not breaking news for anyone, but nature is difficult and miserable, and it's your job to find ways to make the best of it. You cant create the best life for yourself if your priorities are not in the correct order.
Thank you for your post. It makes a lot of sense and I think I’m placing too much importance on dating than I should. I can use this time for other things and get back to dating when I have myself sorted out a bit better.

Adk98

Don Juan
Reaction score
Much much easier to gain attraction with younger females in person than OLD. Are you confident enough to go to bars by yourself? Are you confident opening a set of two all by yourself? Are you scared of rejection?
I used to drink and do not anymore so I like to stay away from bars. I am pretty good at talking in person and cold approach.