Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Keto Diet and Gym Log

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s been a while since I did any type of log here but I’d like to start one for a diet and gym log. The reason I want to make this log is to keep myself honest. I’ve tried to start diets a couple of times and I NEVER follow through with it.

So my goals for this thread are to go to the gym 3-4x a week and mainly to change my diet for the better. Currently my BMI is about 24 and my diet is straight trash. I’m 6’3” and a little bit under 200lbs.

Does anyone here do the Keto diet? Any tips or good meal plans to recommend?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keto is really extreme, with emphasis on dropping fat rapidly. It is notoriously difficult to stick to. Most people would do very well to simply cut out processed carbs and sugar, which is harder than it sounds. A focus on healthy fat consumption is a big part of keto - avocados, nuts, cashews, olive oil, some cheeses.

With any diet, it helps if you learn to cook. And part of learning to cook is learning to shop. Especially with fruits and vegetables, it helps to know what is in season and when. You have farmer's markets all over Atlanta. Usually they have much better quality food than what is in a typical grocery store. Try some real farm eggs if you have never done so, and you won't want to go back to the cheap, factory-farmed eggs at the grocery store. Visiting a farmer's market is also a good free date, if you have a girl to take along. Hippie chicks eat it up.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for that Bible Belt. I kind of messed up today but its still better then how I normally eat. I ate a box of Whoopers chocolate, a Hersheys CandyBar, and a Powerade after the gym. Besides that my diet today was pretty good. Going to go to the grocery store tomorrow and try to buy a bunch of things. Need to find vegetables that I like. I'll check out Farm Eggs. Hopefully they have them at Whole Foods. There is a Whole Foods next to my house.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You get what you pay for with eggs, but 'farm eggs' means that you know the farmer. Food you get straight from the farmer is always going to be the best. That's why the farmer's market always has the best stuff; it cuts out the middle man. A popular thing now for small farms is a 'CSA,' which means you buy a share of the farm, and they give you a basket every week or two of what they have produced. Sometimes several small farms band together to sell joint CSA shares; you get a regular sample of what they all produce. I'm sure Whole Foods has good stuff, but you pay a premium price for them being the retailer. You get a much better deal on your food if you cut them out and deal directly with the farmer.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I don’t know any farmers, how would I find a “dealer”.

Also what are best snacks for a keto diet. I was good today but the snacks kind of killed me. Candy and pralines kinda messed the day for me.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's so hard on this diet. I think about food all the time and I lack alot of energy. I think I'm going to have a cheat day Saturday. I plan on doing Cheat Days on Saturday and going ahead with the low carb diet throughout the week. Basically my dinner every night has been Meat/Vegetables. Breakfast has been Eggs (Scrambled or Omelet). Snacks include a few honey roasted nuts, blackberries, string cheese, carrots, and hummus.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're getting a few carbs, so your carb flu should not be so bad. It gets better. The carbs you listed all look good, because they contain fiber...except for the honey-roasted nuts. Switch to regular; the coating is junk sugar.

I've been eating a lot of caeser salad lately...just leave off the croutons. I've seen some nice romaine lettuce heads at the grocery store. I don't buy bagged salad mix. Bacteria grow like crazy in those plastic bags.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a cheat day Saturday so went crazy haha.

Today this is what I had on Sunday

Three baby carrots with guacamole
1 String Cheese
1 Porkchop and a salad with Caesar dressing
1 String Cheese
2 pieces of pork loin and Spinach

Low Carbs/Sugar went well today. Probably will have some blackberries later on as a snack and that’s that.

I’m craving a cookie though bad. Went crazy with cookies on Saturday.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Found a good app called Keto Diet. I like it so far. Cost me 12$ a year but it tells me how many calories I'm eating by putting what I'm eating in it.

So today this what I had to eat

Breakfast: 4 Pieces of Bacon, 3 Egg Omelet with Spinach and Olives.
Lunch: 6 Baby carrots with Guacamole and a piece of string cheese.

For Dinner Im probably going to have another piece of string cheese and make my own shake with Almond Milk (unsweetened) and a couple blueberries and a strawberry.

Pretty Good day I must say so myself.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I actually did the diet for 2 weeks then slipped off when I traveled for Vacation. I plan to start my Keto back up tomorrow. Of course when I go on vacation I'm going to cheat a little bit. Will post more details tomorrow. Anyone else here into Keto?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That looks good brad

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I actually decided to trade out a Keto Diet and go hard in the gym. I’ve been able to go to the gym almost everyday thanks because of Crypto. I’ve been able to stop traveling for work and travel more just for relaxation.

So here is what my workout schedule is like and I’ve been able to do this for a good month and a half now.

Day 1- Chest and Back Day
Day 2- Legs/Calves Day with Abs
Day 3- Arms/Traps Day
Day 4- Off Day

I make sure to do 4 sets of exercises of 10 reps. Each body part gets around 4-5 Exercises.

I’ve also gotten into taking creatine every morning and protein shakes as meal replacements and post workout meals.

I think this is more beneficial to me then straight up going no carb because I’m building muscle. I have to get ready for the summer.

Also @bradd80 I’m in Toronto in August for Carabana so I hope you are ready to party.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"breakfast: 2 eggs and bacon mixed with cheese and tomato in a wrap"

Mmmm...I could eat this for lunch and dinner, also.:D

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking forward to it!

As for creatine, I'd suggest the best time to take it is 5mg post workout. That's when the creatine is needed to help pump more water into your muscles to help repair them after a workout. You can have a bit before you work out too, but the most important time is post workout.

Routine looks good, make sure to keep this journal updated with how you're liking the new regimen.

The good thing about working out 3 to 5 times a week is that each workout can be intense, but pretty short. 20 to 40 minutes, depending on how you feel, is really all you need. Even professional soccer players only train a couple hours a day; intensity and rest is the key.
I normally go Two Hours a Day. This was todays routine (Chest/Back)

Chest
Pectoral Fly
Chest Press
Incline Bench
Cable Crossover Low to High
Cable Crossober High to Low
Bench Press

Back
Deltoid Fly
High Deltoid Row
Low Deltoid Row

Everything is 4 sets of 10.

Did my creatine this morning. Drank a post protein shake.

Starting next week I'm going to mix my routine up a little bit. I'll have a Chest Day Phase 2 and alternate on Chest Days between Chest Day Phase 1 and Phase 2 to mix it up. I hear thats better for the gains. I'll do the same thing for leg days and arm days.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm semi keto. Morning is bullet coffee (starbucks espresso, ghee, cacao, pink salt, MCT oil) w/ protein powder and creatine with a little monk fruit with my two eggs. If I am hungry a few hours later, I will make a blended veggie/fruit shake (usually broccoli, spinach, celery, strawberries, ginger, and bananas). Dinner is usually protein such as chicken, salmon or steak. If I go out on a date, that's where I fail. Order a wine or beer + a tapa. Then one night a week I spend with my parents and siblings (Italian fam), so I try to eat as healthy as possible, but they often have lots of carbs. They actually bought me a Juniors cheesecake for my birthday a few months back. I had to decline while everyone else ate. They gave me the look of death, but I do not want that sugar in my body. It is what it is.

I also workout cardio and weights every other day for 1.5 hrs. Losing a good amount of fat, weight holding steady where I want it. I've removed all processed foods from my kitchen.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm semi keto. Morning is bullet coffee (starbucks espresso, ghee, cacao, pink salt, MCT oil) w/ protein powder and creatine with a little monk fruit with my two eggs. If I am hungry a few hours later, I will make a blended veggie/fruit shake (usually broccoli, spinach, celery, strawberries, ginger, and bananas). Dinner is usually protein such as chicken, salmon or steak. If I go out on a date, that's where I fail. Order a wine or beer + a tapa. Then one night a week I spend with my parents and siblings (Italian fam), so I try to eat as healthy as possible, but they often have lots of carbs. They actually bought me a Juniors cheesecake for my birthday a few months back. I had to decline while everyone else ate. They gave me the look of death, but I do not want that sugar in my body. It is what it is.

I also workout cardio and weights every other day for 1.5 hrs. Losing a good amount of fat, weight holding steady where I want it. I've removed all processed foods from my kitchen.
That’s a great diet. I have the gym down pat. Now all I need is a diet like that and I’ll be shredded.

Kudos bro.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s a great diet. I have the gym down pat. Now all I need is a diet like that and I’ll be shredded.

Kudos bro.
Work in progress. I'd love to get rid of all sugar and carbs, but it seems unavoidable unless I live in a dungeon. I am getting close though.