"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

keep in touch with ex-gf?

Caesar

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 10, 2001
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Location
Cloud 9
Do you guys keep in touch with your ex-girlfriends? I have no intention of getting back together with them. But you can never have too many friends, right? Well I haven't talked with my ex since we broke up a year ago. I'd like to say it was a mutual break up, but we all know those don't exist. It became a long distance relationship when I left for college. I did most of the calling while we dated. One day I didn't feel like calling her anymore so I just stopped calling her. She's still on my AIM and I was thinking about saying hello.

Caesar
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

ryanbo29

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Age
53
Good question.

My ex dumped me and we hadn't talked for 6-7 months. Then she's IMed me a few times.

Suffice to say, it's confusing me.

I wonder if it's a renewed interest because she misses me, or what.

In your case, a year has passed. If you think no confusion will result, I don't see a problem with it. Just don't expect anything.
 

Revlis

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 10, 2003
Messages
130
Reaction score
1
Location
England
Not really. My last GF contacted me out of the blue (after not talking to her for 4 months) after she was in an accident to tell me what happened. But I haven't talked to her since then, that was 2 months ago. Kinda strange...

If you must contact her, just say hi, how's it going? That's all. If she misses you then after that you'll know. Most of the time it's best just to think of it as catching up with an old friend and nothing more.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 25, 2003
Messages
478
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Scottsdale
The Ex is always trouble. I would stay away, if you can't seriously be with her why even spend all your energy on bringing up any old feeling between the both of you. STAY AWAY, its for the better.
 

Trapspringer

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Just as someone said above, I would do it but would look at it as nothing more than catching up with an old friend. Trying to push for anything else can be annoying.
 

SLICK-RIC

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
44
HOLA BACK...

Sure drop a line say hello....Defintaley right by having lots of friends, just make sure it stays that way.....You obviously broke up because of a lack of interest in one another....Its only human curiosity too wanna see how the other person is doing, what's new in their lives and sometimes to feed some subtle emotions that we have bottled for a while for that person...I made a big mistake once by becoming friends with an ex of mine who still had some feelings for me.....I noticed that during that period of being friends with her i was kind of distracted and was not going out and meeting new and interesting women......
 
Top