Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just Play the Game

dereklearnslow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Um...I thought Golf was a game that you COULD win at. I mean they have million dollar tournaments and everything for it.

kel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, way to miss the point duder. ;)

The point is that even when you get the fat paycheck, you haven't won. It's a lifetime of mastery.

Think of it this way: when the money's spent and gone, what've you accomplished? Likewise, i succeed with a girl, then we break up. If i haven't prepared myself for more success, then what have I accomplished?

I think the point is represented as such: "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime." You want to keep playing so you're ALWAYS improving. Your success is not measured on one outing, but on the sum of all your performances. This is why it is a lifetime's work. Only after the game has ended can your performance be assessed, and once you're dead, who cares if you won or lost?

I'm rambling here but I think you see my point.

--Kel

dereklearnslow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't get my screen name for nothing.

Azidoro

Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
Just stumbled across this post...excellent!
Me too. As common sense as it should be, this just open my mind wide open.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can not control the success or failure of the act, but you can control the act itself.
It’s really that simple. Just play the game. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think a lot of guys on the forum could use this post right now. The DJ Bible is classic. I bet I could find the answer to all your women problems in there. Minus the details but the details don't really matter tbh. They just add to the confusion and as Glassguy put it:

1. If you're confused, she isnt.

Anyways this is what I see on the forum recently:

People are trying to control every outcome. To predict a woman's every move. To avoid failure by consulting the board.

Before you post or ask for advice... Think about whether you're asking to improve yourself or asking to control the situation. Stop being afraid of life. You will fail. You will fall. But when a quarterback gets laid the fvck out by a linebacker and is down for minutes.. what does the crowd do? What are they anticipating? That he gets up. And we he does, they go nuts. Moreso than they did when he got knocked down. They admire his strength, his persistence and will to keep playing the game. Of course he went in with a plan, practiced for hours and trusted in his ability. But he still got knocked down. Life is unpredictable - sosuave is not your indestructible plan to conquering women. The answers to your questions are all very simple:

Let your nuts hang. Do what the fvck you want to do. I see posts right now that embody the very essence of beta. I'm referring to any question that asks 'what should I do' or most posts that end with a question mark. You know what you should do so stop seeking approval and do that sh!t. Pook said it better; see lesson 5 -

"Fvck that! Do that sh!t! Shoot that b!tch!
Can you afford to blow this sh!t? Are you that rich?
Why you give a fvck if she dies? Are you that b!tch?
Do you really think she gives a fvck if you have kids?
Man, don't do it, it's not worth it to risk it! (You're right!)
Not over this sh!t (Stop!)
Drop the biscuit (I will!)
Don't even listen to Slim yo, he's bad for you
(You know what Dre? I don't like your attitude)" - Slim Shady

You will never learn until you struggle. Only when you struggle will you internalize the mantra of this website. Not by asking before the situation goes down. See... Quarterbacks know not to hold the ball in the pocket too long or they'll get sacked. Yet they do it.. until they get laid the fvck out. Now they know not to do that again.

Sack up fellas. Stop seeing every loss as so catastrophic. Every loss is a win. "All my losses were lessons." "Get better, not bitter."

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a saying that there's 10% of people who always just won't like you, 10% that will always like you, and the 80% remaining are the group that you, with the right decisions, can get good at influencing and winning over. Learning to let go of the 10% who don't want you is pretty important. Why be hung up on someone who's not hung up on you?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha damn that's a old post, but still tru AF. He even talks about HOME phone number...those good old days..

Wonder what happened to the DJ,S posting in this thread..

Nice bumb!!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to say though, we have a better idea how to predict their behavior than we did 20 years ago.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone has discovered the search function. There is much wisdom to discover around here if you just look……

Still an accurate post. Cheers

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was watching the movie, “The Legend of Bager Vance” and one phrase really struck me:

It wasn’t until last night that I fully became to understand the full import of that statement.

For the first time in my life, I went up to a woman and asked her for her home phone number with no fear. I acted without reflection at all. She told me, “she couldn’t do that.” After I left with a smile on my face, I started to laugh, not because of her poor excuse, but because I didn’t honestly care if I got the number or not.

Like golf, you can never fully ever win with women. Women will do whatever they want, when they want, with who ever they want. Women can never be controlled, but what you can control is your emotions and response to her actions.

Me getting turned down, was secondary to fact that I asked this woman out with no reflection: I just did it. I responded appropriately with action to the situation and what I felt. This very act alone defined me as a man of action that could never be changed by her response or not. I took control of the situation by doing what I wanted do and what was true to me; I alone gave value to her.
I could not control her response, but I could control my action leading up to it. This was a powerful act, a successful act that overcame all my insecurities and left them behind.

The key to success is responding appropriately with action without regards of success or failure.

Dating, like golf, is just a game with funny rules and quirks. Once you start playing it for sake of it and not trying to win it or somehow come on top (because you can’t ever fully win it) then good things tend to happen. Ultimately it is the very desire to somehow succeed that ultimately causes you to fail.

Bager Vance in the movie, says, “There is only the hole, the ball and you.” When you begin to see that there is simply the woman, yourself and the movement of your mind and nothing else then the stark simplicity and beauty of situation unfolds before you. When you act there is no fear because successs and failure are immaterial in comparison to the act itself. You can not control the success of failure of the act, but you can control the act itself. In other words, why worry or give value to something (a woman) you can’t control but only influence?

It’s really that simple. Just play the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Simple.

[This message has been edited by DarkDream (edited 01-19-2002).]
That sir is the game. The quote herein lies the nature of game. There's no end game. What you experienced is flow state. Pulling, numbers, flaking, rejection, throaters, going balls deep etc IS FUNNY. The game is hilarious. If you aren't laughing you aren't doing it right.

Rsd Ty brought up "freedom from outcome + intent." Herein lies the game. Our life is ending 1 minute at a time. Energy is finite. Use it wisely. Cultivate BEING. Put work in. Do your reps.

The girl who rejected you is 1 cheese burger or broken rubber away from expired. Look up a college or high school year book. Look at those girls today in 2022. It's bulking season. It's a pie eating contest on steroids. It's some other man's crotch fruit. 0 value added.

Even the most icy of playboy has a finish line in mind. Is following the beaten path more often than not.

Chalk up the experience as a W. In future, test buying temperature. Bait her. Test compliance. Don't ask for digits. tell her. Be bossy. Unapologetic. Instruct her what she should be doing.

Your average cuckold is sitting when he pees and simpING. This is what modern women are bombarded by. Much of the game is compliance and don't **** up.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"tao of steve". that is a great movie. Some stuff to pick up on. I always think about the "steve and stew" part, that puts a smile on my face. just something to remember if i need to smile
I first saw "Tao of Steve" around 2003 or 2004. That movie came out in 2000. It has some good timeless principles. There were 3 main rules from "Tao of Steve". I'm guessing these rules must have been based on 1980s/1990s pickup materials. Some of the 3 main rules were later talked about in Strauss' "The Game" (2005) and "Mystery Method" (2007).

1. Be Desireless: Basic principle is that we pursue what retreats from us. In 2000, this was not a new idea, as dating materials for both sexes were urging playing "hard to get" since at least the 1970s. Being desireless is all about not coming on too strong.

2. Be Excellent

In "The Game" and "Mystery Method", there was discussion of Demonstrations of Higher Value (DHV).

3. Be Gone

This could be the False Time Constraints from "The Game" and "Mystery Method".

He even talks about HOME phone number...those good old days..
I remember reading about getting home phone numbers in Doc Love articles in 2001 and 2002 when I was 18 and 19. Landlines were still common enough until the mid-2000s.

The girl who rejected you is 1 cheese burger or broken rubber away from expired. Look up a college or high school year book. Look at those girls today in 2022. It's bulking season. It's a pie eating contest on steroids. It's some other man's crotch fruit. 0 value added.
I'm in my late 30s now. I look at the social media profiles of the women who were my classmates in high school and college. Many have not aged well. The best looking high school cheerleader from my time in high school stayed thin but had gray hair in her early 30s. A lot of the hotties from the top tier sororities of my college now are prototypical suburban moms now. Looks have declined though some have retained enough attractiveness in their 30 something mommy state.

Your average cuckold is sitting when he pees and simpING. This is what modern women are bombarded by. Much of the game is compliance and don't **** up.
Accurate

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I first saw "Tao of Steve" around 2003 or 2004. That movie came out in 2000. It has some good timeless principles. There were 3 main rules from "Tao of Steve". I'm guessing these rules must have been based on 1980s/1990s pickup materials. Some of the 3 main rules were later talked about in Strauss' "The Game" (2005) and "Mystery Method" (2007).

1. Be Desireless: Basic principle is that we pursue what retreats from us. In 2000, this was not a new idea, as dating materials for both sexes were urging playing "hard to get" since at least the 1970s. Being desireless is all about not coming on too strong.

2. Be Excellent

In "The Game" and "Mystery Method", there was discussion of Demonstrations of Higher Value (DHV).

3. Be Gone

This could be the False Time Constraints from "The Game" and "Mystery Method".

I remember reading about getting home phone numbers in Doc Love articles in 2001 and 2002 when I was 18 and 19. Landlines were still common enough until the mid-2000s.

I'm in my late 30s now. I look at the social media profiles of the women who were my classmates in high school and college. Many have not aged well. The best looking high school cheerleader from my time in high school stayed thin but had gray hair in her early 30s. A lot of the hotties from the top tier sororities of my college now are prototypical suburban moms now. Looks have declined though some have retained enough attractiveness in their 30 something mommy state.

Accurate
It puts into perspective shooting your shot and keep it moving.

The vast majority of men are freed from the shackled of marriage and commitment. No children. Men don't have to have a MD nor the years of education to support a family that is gone once a fat wife goes nuclear.

Old order is a distant memory but men can't help but live in the past. I'm convinced that if we had lived in any other Era were likely married with kids. But look at what you have going on? Look at the child grooming or teaching kids all kind of **** ****. These people belong in prison. You will need to home school kids.

Instead of learning game, we likely raising family. Teaching a son or daughter life skills. Instead of plowing a random skank we would be banging our fit (not fat) wife and likely having a ton of kids.

I cannot blame men for being pissed off. The Smp are 99% NPCs. Ran through sluts and slobs. There's no going back.