Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just met a neighbor in my apartment, how to proceed?

thadder

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, lately I've been a bit off in my own world, the other day I'm waiting for the elevator and I see this girl come through the door.

We don't say anything at first, but then when we get into the elevator, she spots my shaker cup and attire and goes "Just getting back from the gym?"

Then we talk for a bit about lifts/exercises, things like that, and she mention she has a dog.

I don't think much of it, we exchange names, and I'm like "Well, see ya Morgan" and she goes "Nice to meet you Dan"

Fast forward to today I'm in my car and I see her walk inside, so I figured I'd get out and maybe try to catch her.

As I'm walking through, she spots my through the security door, waves and actually saves the elevator.

Introduces me to her dog, and I kneel down, her dog gives me kisses and she says "She seems to like you!"

We talked for a brief moment about a mishap she had with food, where she had two meals, so I said "Well enjoy!"

She then says "Have a good one Dan" -- again, with the name, what's up with that?

So... she's pretty attractive, honestly -- but she hasn't dropped anything about a boyfriend, or anything like that -- but my gut instinct is that she might be interested, but is uncertain if I'm seeing someone, cus I got the feeling like she might have wanted me to join her and have some of the food.

I know her apt number, lives right down the hall from me -- any ideas on how not to be a creepy neighbor but show interest?

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know her apt number, lives right down the hall from me
The tiniest slightest thing that goes wrong AND IT WILL you will quite possibly want to hide in your apartment looking through the peephole for an all clear. I wish you all the luck my child..

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would just approach and don’t overthink it. Better than thinking about what’s on her mind etc. if she likes you back It’s good, if not you know she doesn’t want for whatever reason and you can forget about her and just have a good neighbor relationship.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, lately I've been a bit off in my own world, the other day I'm waiting for the elevator and I see this girl come through the door.

We don't say anything at first, but then when we get into the elevator, she spots my shaker cup and attire and goes "Just getting back from the gym?"

Then we talk for a bit about lifts/exercises, things like that, and she mention she has a dog.

I don't think much of it, we exchange names, and I'm like "Well, see ya Morgan" and she goes "Nice to meet you Dan"

Fast forward to today I'm in my car and I see her walk inside, so I figured I'd get out and maybe try to catch her.

As I'm walking through, she spots my through the security door, waves and actually saves the elevator.

Introduces me to her dog, and I kneel down, her dog gives me kisses and she says "She seems to like you!"

We talked for a brief moment about a mishap she had with food, where she had two meals, so I said "Well enjoy!"

She then says "Have a good one Dan" -- again, with the name, what's up with that?

So... she's pretty attractive, honestly -- but she hasn't dropped anything about a boyfriend, or anything like that -- but my gut instinct is that she might be interested, but is uncertain if I'm seeing someone, cus I got the feeling like she might have wanted me to join her and have some of the food.

I know her apt number, lives right down the hall from me -- any ideas on how not to be a creepy neighbor but show interest?
You have good rapport with her.Wait until you see her again then make your move.Don’t wait too long though,because this is the sort of interest that fizzles out if not acted upon.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There's an expression to not shiit in your own backyard. Dating a woman in your own apartment complex is shiiting in your own backyard, especially when she lives on the same floor as you and down the hall. That's too close. When things go bad, and they often will, you'll still have to see this woman. That's uncomfortable.

In larger apartment communities (I would call that 200+ units), you might be able to justify dating someone in the complex under one of 2 scenarios.
  • If you are in a mid-rise or high rise building (4+ stories), the woman lives on a different floor as you do, and you're not likely to ever go to that floor. It's still possible you might run into her in common areas, but some men are comfortable with that risk level, especially if you're only seeing her 1-2 times a month at best.
  • If you are in a complex of garden style buildings (multiple 1-3 story buildings), the woman lives a few buildings away and you're not likely to see her walking to/from your car. Like the last scenario, it's still possible to see her in common areas but the risk is mitigated if her building is not close to yours.
Some men would prefer not to date within their own community even if they live in a 200+ unit community and one of the two scenarios above applies to them.

@thadder -- The stronger play with Morgan is to have her as an acquaintance/friend and see if you can meet some of her single friends.

Last edited:

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Next time you see her tell her you like how pleasant she always is and if she would a friendly drink sometime or coffee.

Note i advise to go the safer non direct route because she lives in your apartment building. Start it off as more friendly. If she drinks and is interested though she will opt to have a drink with you then you can proceed as normal. Just be sure this girl is worth it OP or you could be begging to move out of your place before you know it.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Ask her out. Otherwise you will always wonder what could have been.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

You had the perfect opportunity and you ask how can I do it?

I don't get it OP. Do you want the angels from heaven to come down with a flashing billboard that says "Now is the perfect time!"??

Next time you see her, let her know you've been looking to try out this fun new recipe and invite her over to cook dinner with you to try it.

The perfect time is always now to take action.

Last edited:

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is a good example of the feminization of modern males. Why do you have to overanalyze everything and doubt your instincts? Why do you seek approval to do what should be second nature to men?

Anyway, don't mean to come down on you but God, be firm and assertive. If you feel attracted to her, there is only one way to find out if she feels the same. She has already been more than welcoming, perhaps just being friendly or what have you but you feel attracted so get out of the doubt and wondering and step up to the plate. If she says no, then keep it mature and friendly and still say hi but don't engage or continue to pursue as it will detrimental to your masculine energy since you are attracted to her.

Modern Man Advice

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
Where do you live OP ?

I will come take care of this for you ;).......

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
any ideas on how not to be a creepy neighbor but show interest?
Make a firm decision to leave it alone.

Don't actively ask her out, there's about a kajillion things that could go wrong.

But continue to be really friendly with her.

Talk to her, slide SLOWLY into getting to know her better and better and use her for a confidence boost.

If you become her "friend" you can meet some of her friends.

Think of that every time you speak to her.

She could be a doorway to plenty of other ladies you don't live next door to.

Otherwise you will always wonder what could have been.
If you be friendly you'll never wonder how it could have been.

AND you might not have the experience of asking her out, getting shot down, chasing her the point of annoying her and being known IN YOUR OWN BUILDING as the one creepy stalker guy.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grab a coffee cup & put some powdered instant coffee in it, no water. Go knock on her door and ask to borrow some hot water. She'll know what to do from there.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think this is a "don't sh1t where you eat" type situation like some of the other guys UNLESS she is literally like 1-3 doors down on the same floor. I have banged another woman in the same apartment I live at. Was literally a ONS where we met by the apartment pool one day, I invited her to come out for a drink with me and some other friends for later that same night and she declined. She texted me much later that night "are you up?" Came up to my room and we fvcked a few times (some of the best sex I have ever had). We barely spoke after that point due to some odd tendencies she had.

I still see her from time to time walking around the complex - and sometimes with my main woman with me now. It has never been an issue so I wouldn't let proximity alone stop you.

thadder

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think this is a "don't sh1t where you eat" type situation like some of the other guys UNLESS she is literally like 1-3 doors down on the same floor. I have banged another woman in the same apartment I live at. Was literally a ONS where we met by the apartment pool one day, I invited her to come out for a drink with me and some other friends for later that same night and she declined. She texted me much later that night "are you up?" Came up to my room and we fvcked a few times (some of the best sex I have ever had). We barely spoke after that point due to some odd tendencies she had.

I still see her from time to time walking around the complex - and sometimes with my main woman with me now. It has never been an issue so I wouldn't let proximity alone stop you.
Yeah this is the tricky thing, but I can also brush it off it doesn't go over well.

Also, I've learned to be the guy who doesn't actively chase the woman because then you create mystery and have her wondering "Why isn't he trying to hit on me? Chase me?" She starts to wonder about YOU.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think this is a "don't sh1t where you eat" type situation like some of the other guys UNLESS she is literally like 1-3 doors down on the same floor.
That's what it sounds like it is. She's on the same floor as him.

I have banged another woman in the same apartment I live at. Was literally a ONS where we met by the apartment pool one day, I invited her to come out for a drink with me and some other friends for later that same night and she declined. She texted me much later that night "are you up?" Came up to my room and we fvcked a few times (some of the best sex I have ever had). We barely spoke after that point due to some odd tendencies she had.

In larger apartment communities (I would call that 200+ units), you might be able to justify dating someone in the complex under one of 2 scenarios.
  • If you are in a mid-rise or high rise building (4+ stories), the woman lives on a different floor as you do, and you're not likely to ever go to that floor. It's still possible you might run into her in common areas, but some men are comfortable with that risk level, especially if you're only seeing her 1-2 times a month at best.
  • If you are in a complex of garden style buildings (multiple 1-3 story buildings), the woman lives a few buildings away and you're not likely to see her walking to/from your car. Like the last scenario, it's still possible to see her in common areas but the risk is mitigated if her building is not close to yours.
@Barrister -- What you described is one of those cases where it can be acceptable (based on individual comfort level) to go for the bang. The situations I described above are gray areas I've discussed in real life.

Fcking your neighbor is fine if you can control your emotions and frame. It goes bad when dudes get oneitus.
One-itis will cause a relationship to sink. Other outcomes that wouldn't be fun would be...
  • Asking for a date, getting rejected, and still having to see her for a while.
  • Having a "one date, no sex, no second date" interaction with a woman in the complex. Depending on how things ended with the date, there are varying degrees of discomfort.

The discomfort risk is often worth it provided that you're able to have sex with her for a bit.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you catch the thread " whats wrong with me I am ghosting hot girls"? Lol smh.
Very good point
Some threads I am simply just not interested in reading or giving advice on. But I took a look and I simply wouldn't know how to respond to that.

I often find it disappointing that some members invest so much time and energy in thinking about women and are yet clueless. Or worse seek validation of their masculinity through posts about their dating life which who knows if it's real.

Modern Man Advice

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you have to overanalyze everything and doubt your instincts? Why do you seek approval to do what should be second nature to men?
Because the Powers that Be have brainwashed men from 6 years old to not show any sexual interest to fertile attractive girls between 18-29 years old. They should be subservient to them.

Powers that Be give the OK to show sexual interest to women 35 and above, no problem. But any fertile attractive women below 29, be very very careful.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rejected? Yea great just be the same guy next time you see her.
I've had to do that at my gym before. It wasn't fun. There was a time I had to pretend to be the same guy after one attractive gym woman turned me down. I saw her for multiple years until I think she changed gyms. Wasn't fun but wasn't that big of a deal.

I also had a "one date, no sex, no second date" type interaction with a woman who lived in a nearby apartment complex (within walking distance of the complex where I lived at the time). I saw her a few times over the next 1-2 years after that date. Didn't enjoy it but also not a big deal.

Agree that @thadder has overthought it a little bit.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP just ask her out, nothing can go wrong.

Don't listen to these guys telling you "what if you have a messy break up?"

That's liking saying "what if I crash my Tesla on the highway after I win the lottery?"