Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just got mt test levels checked. Do any of you know how to read it?

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for reference, I am a 40yr old male, 16% bodyfat on a dexascan, working my way down to 12/13%. Workout 5-6x a week. Live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I have always considered TRT at some point if I needed it. All my results came back in the healthy range but it is a huge range and I want optimal performance. Can any of you guys with TRT experience offer any advice or feedback?1582054986482.png

Attachments

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for reference, I am a 40yr old male, 16% bodyfat on a dexascan, working my way down to 12/13%. Workout 5-6x a week. Live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I have always considered TRT at some point if I needed it. All my results came back in the healthy range but it is a huge range and I want optimal performance. Can any of you guys with TRT experience offer any advice or feedback?View attachment 3596
Id be interested to know more on this too
Maybe @Rictor1 with his Natural BB competition experience.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a good breakdown and the test I did...

Rictor1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for reference, I am a 40yr old male, 16% bodyfat on a dexascan, working my way down to 12/13%. Workout 5-6x a week. Live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I have always considered TRT at some point if I needed it. All my results came back in the healthy range but it is a huge range and I want optimal performance. Can any of you guys with TRT experience offer any advice or feedback?
With your tests, you are within what is considered the mid-normal range for testosterone. Not high, but still considered "normal." At 16% body fat, it is not awful but you might find that once you get down to around 12% (approximately) or less body fat, your libido and natural testosterone levels might increase. I don't have science to back this claim, but I have seen it happen many times before. You can probably still find a doctor to prescribe TRT but you'd have to tell them you lack energy, no libido, and a bunch of other indicators for low testosterone. And even then, it depends on the doctor. Some doctors are strictly by the book.

TLDR; Get body fat levels sub 12% first and see if you notice a significant change in test levels, libido, etc. If you still feel the need, then find a doctor to get TRT prescribed. But know that your natural levels will be shut down with TRT. So it'd be an issue if you plan on having kids while on TRT. I can answer questions about having kids while on artificial testosterone if you're interested, but this gets complicated.

Here's a good breakdown and the test I did...

Be careful with some of the statements there. I want to respond to some of what I saw when I looked at this briefly:

1) Women live longer on average than men not because they see the doctor more often, but because they generally have higher estrogen levels. Estrogen is protective of the heart.
2) 129 is NOT considered "high" for LDL. And if you look at that dude's HDL, he has a lot of GOOD cholesterol. HDL is like the garbage man that soaks up all the sh1t in your body. I would say this guy is actually in good shape in terms of cardiovascular health.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Just for reference, I am a 40yr old male, 16% bodyfat on a dexascan, working my way down to 12/13%. Workout 5-6x a week. Live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I have always considered TRT at some point if I needed it. All my results came back in the healthy range but it is a huge range and I want optimal performance. Can any of you guys with TRT experience offer any advice or feedback?View attachment 3596
You are a very normal dude. Congrats. Now, increase your testosterone naturally. You'll see improved mood, lift more, and more attractive, in general, to the ladies.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With your tests, you are within what is considered the mid-normal range for testosterone. Not high, but still considered "normal." At 16% body fat, it is not awful but you might find that once you get down to around 12% (approximately) or less body fat, your libido and natural testosterone levels might increase. I don't have science to back this claim, but I have seen it happen many times before. You can probably still find a doctor to prescribe TRT but you'd have to tell them you lack energy, no libido, and a bunch of other indicators for low testosterone. And even then, it depends on the doctor. Some doctors are strictly by the book.

TLDR; Get body fat levels sub 12% first and see if you notice a significant change in test levels, libido, etc. If you still feel the need, then find a doctor to get TRT prescribed. But know that your natural levels will be shut down with TRT. So it'd be an issue if you plan on having kids while on TRT. I can answer questions about having kids while on artificial testosterone if you're interested, but this gets complicated.

Be careful with some of the statements there. I want to respond to some of what I saw when I looked at this briefly:

1) Women live longer on average than men not because they see the doctor more often, but because they generally have higher estrogen levels. Estrogen is protective of the heart.
2) 129 is NOT considered "high" for LDL. And if you look at that dude's HDL, he has a lot of GOOD cholesterol. HDL is like the garbage man that soaks up all the sh1t in your body. I would say this guy is actually in good shape in terms of cardiovascular health.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'll keep working to get my body fat lower. Honestly, feel pretty good now, just wanted to see where I was at with everything and clean up any loose ends. Sounds like I should hold off for awhile until an age I see levels that can cause negative effects.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'll keep working to get my body fat lower. Honestly, feel pretty good now, just wanted to see where I was at with everything and clean up any loose ends. Sounds like I should hold off for awhile until an age I see levels that can cause negative effects.
You may be too young for TRT. How old are you?

How to boost testosterone naturally:

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a very normal dude. Congrats. Now, increase your testosterone naturally. You'll see improved mood, lift more, and more attractive, in general, to the ladies.
Besides losing body fat, any tips to get it higher? I have a pretty good system in place now. Do a meal delivery service that does healthy meal prep about 80-90% of the time. My macros are pretty good, high protein. I ended a relationship last June, during which I got to 27% BF. Looked incredibly sloppy, since then I've got it down to 16% and put on 5 lbs of muscle in the process. Lift 3-4 days a week, then do orangetheory 2-3x a week for cardio and function. Very rarely drink. Between the two usually some mix of that equals working out 5-6x a week.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Besides losing body fat, any tips to get it higher? I have a pretty good system in place now. Do a meal delivery service that does healthy meal prep about 80-90% of the time. My macros are pretty good, high protein. I ended a relationship last June, during which I got to 27% BF. Looked incredibly sloppy, since then I've got it down to 16% and put on 5 lbs of muscle in the process. Lift 3-4 days a week, then do orangetheory 2-3x a week for cardio and function. Very rarely drink. Between the two usually some mix of that equals working out 5-6x a week.
Yes there is. FlexProMeals.com has some good one's. Personally, I use Butcherbox. The meats are amazing. All organic, grain fed and free range. I just made a delicious filet mignon with some saute'd veggies, delicious and very satisfying (and affordable). Are you using creatine and a protein shake post work out?

You can drink, just not beer. Hard alcohol is fine, some wine is fine if you want to treat yourself. Here's a good guide.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes there is. FlexProMeals.com has some good one's. Personally, I use Butcherbox. The meats are amazing. All organic, grain fed and free range. I just made a delicious filet mignon with some saute'd veggies, delicious and very satisfying (and affordable). Are you using creatine and a protein shake post work out?

You can drink, just not beer. Hard alcohol is fine, some wine is fine if you want to treat yourself. Here's a good guide.

Thanks for the sites, yeah I use both protein and creatine. I have got my nutrition down pretty good at this point, now it just seems to be limiting my cheats more to continue getting the weight down. I quit drinking for 3 months right after the break up and now honestly it doesn't have the same appeal to me anymore. I'll still have a few socially or out on a date now and again but feel the effects more than I used too. I'm a scotch/whiskey straight guy so beer isn't really an issue for me. I am in good overall shape now both in strength and cardio but just trying to get my body to next level. That's part of the reason I wanted to get my testosterone checked. Sounds like I could take a few more supplements and get the body fat down some more

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Thanks for the sites, yeah I use both protein and creatine. I have got my nutrition down pretty good at this point, now it just seems to be limiting my cheats more to continue getting the weight down. I quit drinking for 3 months right after the break up and now honestly it doesn't have the same appeal to me anymore. I'll still have a few socially or out on a date now and again but feel the effects more than I used too. I'm a scotch/whiskey straight guy so beer isn't really an issue for me. I am in good overall shape now both in strength and cardio but just trying to get my body to next level. That's part of the reason I wanted to get my testosterone checked. Sounds like I could take a few more supplements and get the body fat down some more
No doubt. Just know, there are studies that say too much cardio can lower testosterone.

It's a tricky balance, trust when I say I know. I am still fighting with it in my lower stomach area. Drives me f ucking crazy sometimes.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would argue that your test levels are low. May be worth looking into some TRT stuff. From what I've seen, less than 500 is where you may notice things, and you're down in the 200s. For example, here are my results...

Screenshot_20200218-211004.png

Like cholesterol, the science is all over the board. Of all the articles I've read, I don't think I've ever seen a 200 number or below 10 for free testosterone as normal. I thought mine was low until I got it tested.

Andyes,I know my cholesterol is high. I ate like $hit last year and bately, if ever, exercised.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would argue that your test levels are low. May be worth looking into some TRT stuff. From what I've seen, less than 500 is where you may notice things, and you're down in the 200s. For example, here are my results...

View attachment 3601

Like cholesterol, the science is all over the board. Of all the articles I've read, I don't think I've ever seen a 200 number or below 10 for free testosterone as normal. I thought mine was low until I got it tested.

Andyes,I know my cholesterol is high. I ate like $hit last year and bately, if ever, exercised.
my test level is 439, it's my bio available thats in the 200s. Noted though, thanks

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No doubt. Just know, there are studies that say too much cardio can lower testosterone.

It's a tricky balance, trust when I say I know. I am still fighting with it in my lower stomach area. Drives me f ucking crazy sometimes.
I hear you on the cardio, I've lifted weights most of my life, when I don't do the cardio and functional training I just feel too stiff and nonathletic. Like you said though, it's a balance.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I hear you on the cardio, I've lifted weights most of my life, when I don't do the cardio and functional training I just feel too stiff and nonathletic. Like you said though, it's a balance.
How about resistance training? Mix it up a bit.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about resistance training? Mix it up a bit.
Weights or you talking about resistance bands? I lift 3-4x a week, based on a heavy compounds on a push/pull split. Orangetheory has a lot of trx, bands, body weight type exercises. It's actually a pretty good product but need to supplement weight training or you just get srawny.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Weights or you talking about resistance bands? I lift 3-4x a week, based on a heavy compounds on a push/pull split. Orangetheory has a lot of trx, bands, body weight type exercises. It's actually a pretty good product but need to supplement weight training or you just get srawny.
Yep, resistance bands. I leave the cardio for my MMA days. Other days I switch off from resistance bands and reg. weights. You'd get a great cardio and muscle workout trying out some Muay Thai and Brazilian Jujitsu.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is great. Now I know I don't have to depend on my doctor to read my lab results, I can just come to SoSuave and have them do it.
:up:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From 1987 - 1989, the average testosterone levels for a 40 year old man were closer to 550 ng/dL as per the Massachusetts Male Aging Study (there are many other studies that talk about this too—it’s a global phenomena that male testosterone levels have been steadily declining even after accounting for smoking, drinking, illnesses, and BMI). Your testosterone levels should be higher.
Eat more veggies from the cabbage family (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.; broccoli seems to be most known for this for some reason). It has DIM which is an aromatase inhibitor (which stops your body from converting testosterone to estrogen). DIM also binds to SHBG more strongly than testosterone does, which may increase your free testosterone levels.

Vitamin K2 (MK-4 in particular) caused a 58% increase in the testosterone of male rodents. This is the best place to get it. It can reverse calcified arteries to a degree, and will strengthen your bones and prevent arthritis. Must always be trans configuration, not cis. This is probably the best source to get it from. You have to eat it with fat bc it’s fat soluble, otherwise you won’t absorb it. Animal fat tends to be better for it. You are also unable to overdose on Vitamin D so long as you take enough Vitamin K2. Some also say that it makes you grow even if your growth plates have closed (only finishes up unfinished growth, will not make you grow beyond what your genes lay out for you).

Another one is boron. This has been known to lower estrogen and increases your free testosterone. I can vouch for this one that when I first started taking it, I always started getting horny after like 15-20 minutes lol. This is the one I use. It also pretty much cures arthritis much like Vitamin K2 does.

And if that doesn’t work, cartilage is amazing. GhostOfCordon forces his body to make it by superdosing Vitamin C with Proline and Lysine (also caked Pauling Therapy, which also cures atherosclerosis), but it’s really just the cartilage that does it. Eating more cartilage will make your joints and tendons stronger, you will reduce your risk of injury, any damaged blood vessels you have will heal, it’ll prevent cancer from spreading (will not cure it though, only treat it), and any wrinkles you have will begin to fade. So yeah, cartilage. While Pauling Therapy is good, it doesn’t consider that your body also needs glycine and arginine to produce collagen. Besides, cartilage has collagen AND elastin, so it’s better imo. Plus, arginine increases growth hormone too (which indirectly causes testosterone to raise as well lol).
At 16% body fat, it is not awful but you might find that once you get down to around 12% (approximately) or less body fat, your libido and natural testosterone levels might increase. I don't have science to back this claim, but I have seen it happen many times before.
I do. Bodyfat is estrogenic because it has aromatase in it. In men, the more estrogen we have, the more our body will slow down testosterone production.