"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Just did approach in library....got a half 'rejection'.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
Hey guys, I'm in my local library at the moment using the computers. Earlier on I was reading some books at the same table as a HB who was studying, so I was thinking of how to approach.

The place was deadly quite, and it would've been awkward to speak, so I asked her for a pen and wrote a short note saying:-

'Hi, I know this could be a bit embarrasing, but I think you're kinda cute and I'd like to talk to you!'

(I then gave her 3 'options' to choose):-

1. Sure, I'd love to
2. No, I'm busy
3. Go & step under a bus!

I then wrote 'P.S. I promise it'll be fun'.

I handed her back the pen with the note, and I saw her smile and write on the back. Shortly she passed me the note back and her message was:-

'Normally I would, but I've got to study for a huge exam for tomorrow (hence the books) and have limited time to revise.....sorry, seriously nothing personal'

*************************

I was totally unphazed by this, and I continued reading. I admit, you could call this a bit 'afc' by writing a note, BUT it was DEADLY quiet in here trust me!!!

But I'll keep on trying....one thing's for sure, my fear has gone down considerably.

I'm confused as to whether it was a rejection or not though. I considered saying 'ok, sure call me when you're not so busy', but somehow it didn't feel right.

Any thoughts? How do you go about approaching a girl in a really quiet scenarios like this?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
849
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Littleton, Colorado, United States
AFC, not AFC... who cares?

Normally I would say writing notes is a bad approach, but as with most pickup techinques its usually more about HOW you do it rather than what you're doing. Adding in the touch of humor was a good call - humor will help more than almost anything (besides confidence).

But the bottom line here is that this wasn't a half rejection, it was a full blown rejection - although she was classy enough not to be a biotch about it.

Anything other than "yes" or a counter offer/phone number/etc. is a rejection. Take it in stride.

I don't find libraries to be great places for picking up chicks. Most of the time you'll find its a similar situation to what you described - a cute chick with her nose burried in a book. You have to be extra clever/funny/etc. to make it work because libraries are not set up for social interaction. Talking to a girl, even if she isn't annoyed, will bother everyone around you.

So my advice is to find better places for approaching women.
 

smooth666

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
I do not write messages apart from SMS but if you give her options,they should be more in your favour:

2. No, I'm busy, but my phone number is________
 

Beethoven

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
England
I like smooth's suggestion, but also I think your final line of 'I promise it'll be fun' weakened your position.

Promising it'll be fun means that now you've set it up so that you 'owe' her, and makes out that you have to 'earn' her attention. This is the opposite position from the philosophy of 'YOU are the prize'.

--> Beethoven
 

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
good call beethoven...never suck up to a girl by promising itll be fun...its like saying..if you give me your number ill give you a cookie...
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
I was in a very similar situation long time ago. The girl seemed very shy and nervous when i talked to her (Maybe she liked me after all). She had to study so we never talked after that. Now you know that you have established your presence there. Next time you see her say hello and ask how her exam went.
 

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
you know what would of been AFC?

NOT SAYING ANYTHING because it was 'dead' quiet.



sure, there could of been better things you could of done.

Personnally, I think the whole multiple choice thing was bad, but heh. Who cares? At least you did SOMETHING!

I would of just wrote, 'hi!' on the paper. Look at her when she reads it and when she looks back, smile and continue to do what you are doing. When she's packing her things up, that's when you ask for her name ect.

but in your case, you should of wrote back 'Oh, well, Good Luck! I'll let you study now, we'll talk later' or 'I understand, give me your number, so we can talk later'.

stay up!


:D
GHOST
 

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
849
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Littleton, Colorado, United States
I would of just wrote, 'hi!' on the paper. Look at her when she reads it and when she looks back, smile and continue to do what you are doing. When she's packing her things up, that's when you ask for her name ect.
Word! That could definitely work!
 

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
Thanks ever so much for your replies, this site is great!

I think you're mostly right in that I could've said 'ok, let's talk later when you're not so busy, what's your number?'.

We all live and learn, eh! Next time I try this I'll post results.

(Btw, I got the idea for the note from Wayne Ross, but slightly modified to suit the library).
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Respect for giving it a try. I wouldn't take it personally because afterall she didn't know you and I think she'd have to be VERY spontaneous to agree to go out with you without speaking to you for a while first, or even getting a proper look at you. Keep at it.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
522
Reaction score
1
try this, instead of writing that afc note (at least you approched... kinda) write something playful like:

"DORK!"

then when she looks up flash her a big sh1t eatting grin. she will most likely laugh and think who does this guy think he is. THen wait like 3 mins (she will be thinking about you/most likely nervous) and write her another note (if she hasn't written you one back) saying "Hey! I'm going to take a short break from studying, come join me outside" and go

your note is cheesy/middle school, it also makes everything based on your looks
 

Belgium_Freak

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by white_hype
try this, instead of writing that afc note (at least you approched... kinda) write something playful like:

"DORK!"

then when she looks up flash her a big sh1t eatting grin. she will most likely laugh and think who does this guy think he is. THen wait like 3 mins (she will be thinking about you/most likely nervous) and write her another note (if she hasn't written you one back) saying "Hey! I'm going to take a short break from studying, come join me outside" and go

your note is cheesy/middle school, it also makes everything based on your looks
haha you got your thing together man, i can already see it working ... good stuff :)
 

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
Originally posted by white_hype
try this, instead of writing that afc note (at least you approched... kinda) write something playful like:

"DORK!"

then when she looks up flash her a big sh1t eatting grin. she will most likely laugh and think who does this guy think he is. THen wait like 3 mins (she will be thinking about you/most likely nervous) and write her another note (if she hasn't written you one back) saying "Hey! I'm going to take a short break from studying, come join me outside" and go

your note is cheesy/middle school, it also makes everything based on your looks
I think writing 'dork' would just come across as weird or immature, but I'm open to suggestions to trying new things. I definitely need to modify a few areas in order to succeed next time.
 

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Guitar_Whizz,

You did good. Most guys wouldn't have attempted what you did. Shows alot of courage.

No matter what you had written on your note, her response would have been exactly the same. Its the thought that counts.
You should read her note again. She told you that she would have joined you but she couldn't because of her exam. Don't over analyze and just say next time you see her.
 
Top