PoppedCollars
New Member
- Joined
- Dec 17, 2004
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 0
Read the follow up thread.
Last edited:
Attraction runs on a clock.
She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.
The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."
One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.
Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
Are you a fool? Why do you want to get back with this emotionally unstable drama queen? You're just asking for abuse. She's obviously proven to be unfit as LTR material. So drop her.Originally posted by PoppedCollars
Short story short, girl breaks up with her BF of 3 years to be with me, 3 months pass by and everything is great, not one single problem. Until tonight.
Some of her friends (males) are in town and she invites them out to the bar with us. I keep my cool, talk to other friends at the bar and give her as much space as I can. We're kissing and stuff at the bar, having a great time. No real threats, she hooked up with one of the guys and he still is in love with her. I handle him well and we have no problems.
Then she drops the drama bomb.
She asks me "Why are you such an *******" and we start arguing over what I did that made me an *******. She's all like "well if you're going to be like that then leave.' I told her when she got whatever was up her ass out to come talk to me.
I come back, and ask her to come talk to me. She says "no, not if you're going to be an ass" I reply with "Ok, you have 5 seconds to come talk to me outside or this is goodbye" she is all like "see yah" and I walk out. She grabs my arm and follows me outside.
We start talking about what I did to upset her, and it leads to the fact that she didn't think she was ready for a relationship. I say that's fine and start to walk off. She once again latches onto my arm and keeps me there. We talk in circles about that fact for a while and finally I'm like "Either you want to be in a relationship with me, or you don't. Yes or no" She trips into this big speil about how I'm her best friend and how she doesn't want a relationship to ruin that and I'm just like "Well, I've got alot of friends. No more dinner sex etc" We continue on for about 15 minutes in circles again and finally I'm like. "Ok, you're scared to be in a relationship, I don't want to be in a relationship with you. Goodbye" This time I just walk off and she heads back into the bar.
I really care about this girl, but this **** is crazy. I get the feeling she planned the drama bomb to be able to hook up with the other guy over Christmas break and what not.
I'd like to get this back together, how should I play this?
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.